• Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:07 PM

If you do, I'll extract them all into a special topic :ohmy:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#102 King_of_Blades

King_of_Blades
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:48 AM

If you do, I'll extract them all into a special topic :)

Well, that'll take a while, so don't expect them until the end of this week or next week. ;)

But as for the battle I fought this evening...

I used World Builder to spawn hundreds (well, dozens) of Gondor soldiers, and then spawn at least a hundred Orc hordes. I think I may have put too many in... way too much lag. :ohmy:

However, during the battle that I was able to fight, wow! It was such an epic... the silver line of soldiers stood proud among the face of death. :ohmy:
Posted Image

92% of today's teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy and paste this to your signature.

#103 Guest_Allantir_*

Guest_Allantir_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:02 PM

hey there, just completed my first battle

men (me) vs. goblins

I must say, it was really great fun. I built me up first to have some nice epic battles.

I just wanna say some things.....

Why is this Balrog soooo strong :S He could kill my heros (around 8 - 10) with a single slap, also gandalf *erm* I sent all my men on him, but he just ignored them and walked to my fortress .... ok, he doesnt make a lot of damage to the fortress, that saved me, but I was nearly unable to kill this thing, when it died, the timer for it was nearly 0 so it wasnt really worth it ^^

A other thing which confused me a lot was, that the arrow towers of the goblins could shot their arrows further then my trebeuchet could O.O when my siege weapons could attack, they were already in about 70% of their lives.... and it wasnt about seeing or not seeing the enemy, with my eagle I could see the towers without problems ....

and when i sent my rohirrims to overrun archers or something like that, they just attacked them normally ? also when i sent them behind the troop, they took an other way, around the troop ??? i didn't had any problems with the riders of gondor (strange) they just burst into the archers of my enemy

but overall, it was a very nice battle, great work :mad2: maybe you should make the production of the normal footsoldiers a bit faster, i need a meat shield ^^

#104 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:22 PM

The Rohirrim don't crush in 4.5 (accidentally). being fixed in 4.6.
The extra range of fortress expansions forces the attacker to bring some 'cannon-fodder'.
As for the production speed of basic infantry:
BarracksLevel1 (speed x1 [Total 100%])
BarracksLevel2 (speed x1,33 [Total 133%])
BarracksLevel3 (speed x1,5 [Total 200%])
Try levelling up your barracks. :mad2:

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#105 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:06 PM

why not...
1) 100%
2) 150%
3) 300%

instead of 133% :mad2:
as for the balrog... it's not suppose to be very killable.. just run away from it, I say :sad: :sad2:

Edited by Lauri, 28 November 2007 - 10:07 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#106 Guest_Allantir_*

Guest_Allantir_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:42 PM

i didn't ment the fortress towers, the normal towers killed my siege weapons ?? ok, with two you can kill a tower and you loose only one, but still, isnt the range of a normal tower a bit toooo big?^^

And i had my barracks on lvl 3, but it was still quite slow for footies i think

don't like bringing cannon fodder^^ i try to save them if possible^^ well anyway, will wait for 4.6 (my poor rohirrims =( )

by the way;

is it possible to make a game mode that counts points and after a certain time someone looses or wins? i mean it would probably be better for maps like helms deep to win after a certain time or if one has lost a huge army or whatever^^

#107 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:52 AM

This thread is not for suggestions ppl....

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#108 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts
  • Projects:Edain mod campaign and other mapping
  •  Fan of all Mods, with LotR Feeling

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:20 PM

I don't say, that Unitproduction should be faster.
Just build more buildings and you get more Units ;)

And I think that the range is ok too.
It's most of the times very realistic and that's so great=)

The Balrog is ok too.
The ElvenKI killed my Balrog, so it isn't impossible to kill it^^ (But you can destroy easily a fortress with one Balrog)
Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#109 The_Witchking

The_Witchking
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 08:46 AM

Hi there folks, :p

I also wanted to add sth. to the Gameplay so here it is:

I played the Elves against two other factions on medium, Isengard and Mordor that was...
But however I tried, I wasn't able to destroy their bases as the only "sieges" are Ents in that faction and
they were quite fragile against the upgraded Fire Arrows. Four Ents(including Treabeard) weren't able to take down 2 Buildings
as they catched fire when half of their life was taken. I also recruited all heroes but they could only take down 1 Buidling...
Don't you think that's a bit unbalanced??
It would be cool if you add more long range weapons to the Elves... or set the Health of buildings a bit lower?
Playing with the elves how it is it's quite troublesome..

#110 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 03:50 PM

I had 10 Ents and destroyed with them 2 Goblin Basis and one Mordor Base...:crazed:
Just fight with the Ents and your Units together.THe ENts only longrange in the beginning.
Mostly you don't manage it, that they don't get angry.
So they will fight automatically with low range after short time.
Then you should use summon eagles and first attack all towers and then the fortress. After that the normal buildings should be no problem :p
Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#111 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 December 2007 - 12:57 PM

Yeah, don't use the Ents in melee when attacking bases. Let them throw rocks, and don't attack using 2-3 ents. Use 10+, like in the movie when they attacked Isengard :p Ents have to be fragile towwards fire, cause it's basiclly the only thing that can hurt them... Melee attacks for ents are for attacking units, not structures =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#112 Guest_Jonasking_*

Guest_Jonasking_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:37 PM

If you have Gandalf in level 2 its no problem kill a balrog ....use the lightning sword like 22 times and there you have your killed Balrog ^_^ Im very often play like the elves. Yesterday id played against Mordor . I started buildning 1 barrack and buy 2 archers horde and 1 swordman horde. And buy 1 hero , Glorfindel to protect from Mordors Nazgul in early game.After a time i had a great force and I attack , but idont com closer then the river( I think the map was Westfold) there the orcs pushed me over again. Id loose like 1000 CP and i decided to retriet. Only my heroes( All from the elvn fortress) stand outside the wall . I build up and attackable force( didint think about the ents:S) but then Mordor attack with the Grond an a "army" of attack trolls . They destryed my fortress and I could not use my powers anymore to kill the Grond(had alla powers , sunlight power should be great to turn all trolls to stone but:P) and all my units(3000+ CP) diéd when I decided to attack the Grond :rolleyes: And soon they destryed my "Green Pasture" and my 3 barracks so id lost. Now I must have revange !:grin:

#113 Guest_Jonasking_*

Guest_Jonasking_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:38 PM

Not able to use EDIT when not logged in so .

EDIT: Use the lightning sword 2 times not 22 :rolleyes:

#114 myster

myster
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:35 PM

When im playing with moria...

first i build resource buildings and 1 drake for early defence
then i usually get 3 goblin pits and 2 fissures.. then i pump out goblin archers, ALOT of them :xcahik_:
then purchasche the other 2 drakes and build a treasure trove, wich i fully upgrade =)
and after all this i will save for drogoth =) and then ill build shelob and the goblin king :xcahik_:

then i have an almost perfect defence, wich a brutal ai will not win against IF you will pay attention for drogoth :mellow:

After this ill build some mountain giants.. wait till i have some powers like balrog and stuff and i attack full force :unsure:

imo its awesome ^_^

only downside of this is that the drakes fire will also burn away my goblins, wich i didnt realise at first :rolleyes: burnt away more that 3/4 of my army :)

now playing as men defending minas tirith :grin:

#115 InfernoX

InfernoX
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:02 PM

Dwarven Tactics

-I Like to go Mine Barracks Barracks and then build mines continuously until I have about 8-10. Once I got a decent income I might build a wall depending on how many opponents i'm facing and what map I'm on. After that I'll build 2 Men of Dale Barracks and get a couple of batts of archers with brand and have them stay near my base to fight off eagles and the like.

I mainly go for a strong guardian/phalanxe + all heroes and some catapults, with the infantry soaking up all the attack and the pults downing the buildings.

Later in the game I get a few mithril mines for their increased income.

#116 King_of_Blades

King_of_Blades
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:16 AM

Had an 8-way battle. I was Mordor, and I maxed out the CP limit. :xd:

So I recruited about 16 Mumakil, complete with fire arrows, banners, and the war gear. I made a charge of faith into the fray (with an unbelievable amount of lag), and after about an hour, all enemies were destroyed, with just 2 Mumakil left... ;) Of course, I can't give all the credit to the Mumkil, as the Balrog, and those nice little rocks from Mordor helped out quite a bit. :blush:
Posted Image

92% of today's teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy and paste this to your signature.

#117 Jonasking

Jonasking

title available

• Project Team
  • 451 posts
  • Projects:Finished Projects

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:30 PM

Hi there folks, ;)

I also wanted to add sth. to the Gameplay so here it is:

I played the Elves against two other factions on medium, Isengard and Mordor that was...
But however I tried, I wasn't able to destroy their bases as the only "sieges" are Ents in that faction and
they were quite fragile against the upgraded Fire Arrows. Four Ents(including Treabeard) weren't able to take down 2 Buildings
as they catched fire when half of their life was taken. I also recruited all heroes but they could only take down 1 Buidling...
Don't you think that's a bit unbalanced??
It would be cool if you add more long range weapons to the Elves... or set the Health of buildings a bit lower?
Playing with the elves how it is it's quite troublesome..

A tip. Before you attack the "keep" make sure take down the arrows that maybe stand in your way and catapult or arrows tower upgrade on the "keep" of the fortress.When you have done that attacks the fortress with your ents(rocks not meele , like the other said) and your units and heroes attack the buildings , and troops nearby .

#118 myster

myster
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:37 PM

:O i've just got beaten by Brutal Mordor...

they were rushing Nazgul in with loads of orcs...

Somebody knows a way to stop them??

#119 Thorongil45

Thorongil45
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:44 AM

build a wall if you can and archers are good but if it's too late.... then you know how the men of gondor felt.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#120 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:43 PM

Which race did you use?
I had no Problems with that until now.
I'm always building four ressource buildings and after that units and hereos.
And I'm building lot's of towers to give my Units a better protection :unsure:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users