Photo

balrog hero?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#41 witchking

witchking

The Witch-King of Angmar, the leader of the Nazgûl (Ringwraiths)

• Members
  • 244 posts
  • Projects:how am i supposed to know? im only a beginner
  •  don't count me out of modding ever. i may be new and yes sometime i may be annoying but if you think i cannot mod then... then you'r dead wrong!

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:06 AM

ok tryed it did not work

#42 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts
  • Projects:Universe At War: Expanded Edition (skinner and Mod Leader)
  •  Mod Leader for Universe At War: Expanded Edition, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:12 AM

We've told you everything, I don't know what to say. Just delete the one you made and redo it. That's all I can think of.

Edited by Eldarion25, 04 August 2007 - 01:13 AM.

Mod Leader for the Universe at War: Expanded Edition mod, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of the Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted Image
^Thanks to Ark for this great sig
Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 witchking

witchking

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  don't count me out of modding ever. i may be new and yes sometime i may be annoying but if you think i cannot mod then... then you'r dead wrong!

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:50 PM

redo it?

maybe im nameing the file wrong i named it evilfaction/units/wild

Edited by witchking, 04 August 2007 - 04:51 PM.

#44 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts
  •  Mod Leader for Universe At War: Expanded Edition, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:52 PM

Just delete your code and 'redo it'. Do it again, making sure not to make a single mistake. Follow what I said on the first page, that's what I did and mine worked. I had to redo mine the first time.
Mod Leader for the Universe at War: Expanded Edition mod, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of the Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 witchking

witchking

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:08 PM

ok i'll try that and i will post here if there is any errors

#46 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:48 PM

Are you not typing...
data\ini\object\evilfaction\units\(insert faction here)\(insert name here)???
That might be it, but I doubt it...

Hmmmmm :) ............

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 witchking

witchking

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:39 PM

data\ini\object\evilfaction\units\wild\wildBalrog?
i put this

data/ini.evilfaction/units/wild/Balrog

so let me try

data\ini\object\evilfaction\units\wild\wildBalrog
and see if it will work i hope so

#48 witchking

witchking

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 02:05 PM

nope did not work and i did everything say maybe i should try what glorfindel said to make a command button for the balrog.

then if thats it then the gobs will have a new hero i hope thats it

how do you do that?

Edited by witchking, 05 August 2007 - 02:10 PM.

#49 witchking

witchking

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:02 PM

nvm you can get raid of this topic i know what to do now :)
i found a article i just looked in the wrong spot.
lol sorry for bothering you.
im really sorry everyone

it seems i only did hafe theres more to it i need to follow this article

article clicky

#50 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:22 PM

That's what we meant when we said 'Add him to playertemplate.ini'. We thought you knew to put him in the buildableheroes part. Ah well (3 wasted pages of my life :) ) ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 witchking

witchking

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:10 AM

damn

ahh well i gess i'll just give up

because i did all those things and it still does not work

:p ;) :dry: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :

#52 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:21 AM

I say you try some more as I secretly laugh at your inability to make it work :p .

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 witchking

witchking

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:45 PM

:p ;) :dry: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

ahh forget it i'll have to redo it even though this is the 9th time i have redone it

#54 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:42 PM

You wouldn't believe how many times i have redone Eowyn before i got her to work the way i wanted to. :p

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#55 witchking

witchking

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:05 PM

Sûlherokhh how many times?

*sigh* is there a mod out with just the balrog as a hero?
then i could just look at what has been done and see what is diffrent from mine

#56 ILUTAVAR

ILUTAVAR
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:24 PM

well, i tried to make a balrog recruitable too but i´m confused i made the code now what ? @_@

#57 mysuitisnotblack

mysuitisnotblack

Nomad

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:46 PM

Please someone that knows how to do it just release a mod with only the balrog as a hero for the goblins and for rotwk and bfme 2. it would be easier then just trying to help us people who cant mod (at least i cant)
6% of teenagers today are a bunch of informed NERDS, if you are one of the 94% who actually reads cheap magazines and a couple of schoolbooks, or anything besides the paper, copy and paste this into your signature.

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.

#58 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:40 PM

I did it.
Just follow what I said in the first post:

You have to copy the Balrog code from neautralunits and make a new file for it. Then, change the object's name. Next, change this code...

#include "..\includes\StandardUnitEvaEvents.inc"
to this...
#include "..\..\..\includes\StandardUnitEvaEvents.inc"
and delete this
Behavior = LifetimeUpdate ModuleTag_LifetimeUpdate
		MinLifetime		= BALROG_LIFETIME
		MaxLifetime		= BALROG_LIFETIME
		DeathType		= FADED
	End
Add a buildcost and time under ENGINIEERING PARAMETERS. Last, of course, add your new balrog to the team in playertemplate.ini. That's about it.

You have to copy-paste the Balrog code from neautralunits and put it in notepad. Then, you make a new one, for example, object/evilfaction/units/mordor/balrog. Do all of the stuff I said to that new one, and make it into MordorBalrog. Now add that to the fortress heroes in playertemplate.ini

I hope that was more specific.

Edited by Eldarion25, 04 January 2008 - 08:46 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:49 PM

Sûlherokhh how many times?

23? ;)

*sigh* is there a mod out with just the balrog as a hero?
then i could just look at what has been done and see what is diffrent from mine

well, i tried to make a balrog recruitable too but i´m confused i made the code now what ? @_@

1. You could go and look for a mod that has done exactly that, then compare all relevant code (not just of the Balrog) that is needed to the unmodded game's data. Doesn't matter if it's BfMe1, BfMe2 or RotWK. They all work basically the same.
2. You could look how other heroes are made recruitable. If you don't know where to look, find a tutorial that explains how to add a hero, then just do the same for the Balrog. I think there is even a tutorial that explains how to remove the timer, if you still get troubles with that but everything else is working.
3. Even if i made a mod that does that, you'd still need to learn how to do it. The best way is to try all angles. One tip that has helped me on many occasions: USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION. Not only on the site or among tutorials or google. Search the INI-FILES!!! For example. You want to know all about Aragorn, check ALL INI FILES for the term 'Aragorn'. Notepad++ comes with a file search function, making this really easy. If a specific section of object code gives you trouble, once again look for that specific term (or a related term) AMONG ALL INI FILES.
4. Don't ever expect to be handed anything on a platter on request. Go do something, see what happens (exactly) and show the exact results (including error messages) and relevant changed codes, so we have something you actually did yourself to pick apart.
5. We don't just teach you how to mod specific stuff. More importantly we teach you how to teach yourself, which is much more valuable in the long run. If you don't wanna do stuff long term, don't bother modding. It's a vocation, not a short trip to the mall.
6. If you are still here after digesting and attempting all that, good for you. You just might become a modder. ;)

P.S. I am not trying to discourage you from modding. On the contrary, i am (once again) explaining what you really need to learn if you want to mod: The drive to find out for yourself.

Please someone that knows how to do it just release a mod with only the balrog as a hero for the goblins and for rotwk and bfme 2. it would be easier then just trying to help us people who cant mod (at least i cant)

No. There is no point apart from satisfying your lazy ass. :p
Read the forum rules.

Edited by Sûlherokhh, 04 January 2008 - 08:52 PM.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#60 mysuitisnotblack

mysuitisnotblack

Nomad

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:41 AM

lol, i am lazy :p , ill just learn to modd, but im just wondering, the only thing I have trouble with (and this might be a dumb question) is the ini folder in the data folder, because I have none in there and so I looked in INi.big and it said data\blah\blah\blah but I looked in it and could not find balrog anywhere in the long list

Edited by mysuitisnotblack, 11 January 2008 - 08:37 PM.

6% of teenagers today are a bunch of informed NERDS, if you are one of the 94% who actually reads cheap magazines and a couple of schoolbooks, or anything besides the paper, copy and paste this into your signature.

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users