Photo

BETA 4.5 - Fan Spam! ;)

• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#361 HanSolo

HanSolo
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Projects:Acting like a scruffylooking nerfherder.
  •  Noob

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:24 AM

Man had the most epic battle last night! My buddy and I fought 5 brutals, I was elves and he was MOTW. He got his fortress knocked down early on luckily he just had enough money for a new one so had to build a new one next to mine. Then it got ugly, we were cramped on a little base and the AI's started unleashing their specials on our tiny area. We were not getting much income because it was so small. We beat back onslaught after onslaught. Killed many Gronds, many Smaugs, Sauron twice, lost three fortresses total but emerged victorious (seriously 9 hours later!) We took them out the absolute first minute we had the ability so its not like we were padding stats. But a 9 hour game and 63,000 kills we finally won. WOW is all I can say! Maybe I will post a screen shot of the stats.

#362 King_of_Blades

King_of_Blades
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:30 AM

:party: ;) Thank you :lol: Dont forget to give a little love to the rest of the Team too though :lol:

Oh yes, love all 'round! Sul, Rob, and all of you gents have done a fine job on a fine piece of work. :party:
Posted Image

92% of today's teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy and paste this to your signature.

#363 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:29 PM

@Han Solo
:sad2: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:
lol you beat 5 brutals you must be a god :xcahik_:
anyway i wanna play a netwrk game too but i dont know anyone that plays this mod personally :sad:
And i posted in the Hamachi Tread,but noone came :lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#364 fehik

fehik
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:51 PM

I can't download it, please help. Can't you upload it to another server, like filefront?
By the way, no other download is working:((
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#365 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 03:04 PM

Good point actually, would like to "see" the file pop up at lotrfiles as well :lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#366 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:20 AM

I can't download it, please help. Can't you upload it to another server, like filefront?
By the way, no other download is working:((

Check the news ^_^

Good point actually, would like to "see" the file pop up at lotrfiles as well :xd:

Me too... (but the mod is not available at LotRF). I forgot to add a counter to the site though... Will do that for next Beta :xcahik_:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#367 Guest_The Twice Guessed Guest_*

Guest_The Twice Guessed Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:27 AM

I played BFME2 with your mod for the first time last night, and I have to say that you've done a superb job! It's going to take a while for me to get used to the computer actually building an army instead of simply charging in with whatever it has available, but it'll be more fun in the end. Thanks for doing such a great job! :xcahik_:

#368 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:24 PM

I'm sorry Naz but I don't understand? Why isn't it available there? Can't the devs there just download it here? Or is it something with permissions?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#369 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:27 PM

Uhm... huh?
It's not available there cause I have not uploaded it anywhere else than at the SEE site. And Sûl at MegaUpload the other day... =p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#370 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:38 PM

Maybe we could give it to them? Or we can ask the guys at LoTR filefront to make a page about the mod where we place the link to the beta.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#371 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:39 PM

Sure... As long as T3A don't mind? T3A is like the... uhm... Grand Mother of SEE sorta, since everything started here, so I don't wanna make anyone feel like we abandon them...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#372 The_awesomeness_JJ

The_awesomeness_JJ
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:57 AM

Howdy!

Awesome work with the mod guys. It looks radical! I only recently bought the game off of ebay because my friend showed it to me, and I totally had to get it for myself. Sadly though, I found out my computer doesn't have the specs to run the game. So what did I do next? I bought some upgrades. Still trying to get the necessary stuff to play the game though. But I did get to play for a while on my friend's comp.

A little more on topic about your mod: I checked out the screen shots and they look really cool! Gets me all hyped up about playing it eventually. This is the largest mod project I have ever seen, and probably the most successful. It's really amazing. :grin:

#373 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:18 PM

Well thank you so much :sad2:

I'd recommend as high specs as possible... Personally I have:

- AMD Athlon64, 3500+
- 2 Gb RAM
- GeForce 7900GTX

...and I still get some lagg :grin:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#374 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:38 PM

OT: Heh I have 512 RAM, imagine the lag I get :grin:
Yes, its very bad :sad2:

Edited by Juissi, 12 November 2007 - 03:38 PM.

#375 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:40 PM

512 MB... darn, it must be horrid. But then again, I'm not sure how the game allocates the use of memory... I mean, I have an additional 512MB on my graphics card :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#376 Lord of Mordor

Lord of Mordor

Master of the One Ring

• Project Team
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:56 AM

I think more than 2 Gigs don't make much difference anymore, except on a 64bit OS, which in turn has also higher requirements. For example, when you have 4 Gigs on a 32bit OS, you can only use 3.12 of them, and even less if your graphics card has lots of RAM. And a single program can never use more than 2 of that.

Except, of course, if you buy the new, shiny VISTA 64bit :thumbsupsmiley:

Build me an army worthy of Mordor!

HobbitBann5501.png

#377 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:12 PM

OT: Heh I have 512 RAM, imagine the lag I get :thumbsupsmiley:
Yes, its very bad :rolleyes:

Here's a little thing you can do that might help thats free:

On each hard drive you have installed, give it a pagefile. The size of the file should be 1.5x the memory, and windows actually has a "Recommended" size which is the max and it's 1.5 times so they do the math for you...it probably says "768" or close to it
Set sizes of both the Initial and Maximum under Custom to the Recommended and Set them.

If you need a more detailed step by step, holla'!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#378 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:38 PM

Hey all. Do I need to download the previous versions of this mod before downlading Beta 4.5? And does it have a functional verion of the campaign?
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#379 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:49 PM

No you don't need previous versions. In fact the setup is completely different now.

Campaign... I think is playable for the most part but I know a lot of people have been getting game crashes at various points. But they plan to redo it anyway at some point.
Posted Image

#380 Guest_shash_*

Guest_shash_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:23 PM

Please, remove some deth animations:those which are used for infantry which is killed by arrows.An arrow which makes a man(or an orc or a goblin or an elf) fly a few meters is a bulishit. Are you going to add
some editional animations for all units to make their reaction to the actions made by enemy.And are you going to add blood and "bodies stay".The best example of the things im talking about is Warhammer Mark of Chaos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users