#41 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:55 PM

edit: scrap what I wrote... Sul beat me... the newest :)

anyways...

Maybe you should post a topic a week or two in advance so that the hosted community can voice their opinions on the matter. I think this would make things much more efficient and more will be satisfied with the outcome of the ranking system.

I don't think more would be satisfied...

For example, if my mod switches place with Lone Wolf... He would get satisfied, but I wouldn't. If it remains the same, I'm satisfied, but he's not... See my point? If more vote, there might also be more chaos around it, and more disapointet satisfaction.... That is my opinion though, but yeah...
Personally, I don't care much about my positioning on the ladder... I'm just glad it's above the really inactive mods at the bottom..
And I have yet to see a hosted chamber member to voice his own mod up... None in the chamber misuse their chamber access to uppen their mod, they use their chamber access to think outside the box, aka their mod, when checking if the new ladder looks okay, or not...

Edited by Lauri, 22 November 2007 - 10:03 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#42 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:43 PM

I don't think more would be satisfied...

For example, if my mod switches place with Lone Wolf... He would get satisfied, but I wouldn't. If it remains the same, I'm satisfied, but he's not... See my point? If more vote, there might also be more chaos around it, and more disapointet satisfaction.... That is my opinion though, but yeah...

If more vote, there is a better chance for satisfaction. If majority say one mod is higher than the other, sure you may or may not be happy with it, but at least you know what everyone thinks. This is a art community, and you need to be able to handle what the public thinks about your work whether you like it or not. That's life for you.

And I have yet to see a hosted chamber member to voice his own mod up... None in the chamber misuse their chamber access to uppen their mod, they use their chamber access to think outside the box, aka their mod, when checking if the new ladder looks okay, or not...

Never said they abused the system :)

Edited by Rob38, 22 November 2007 - 10:44 PM.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#43 Solinx

Solinx

• Undead
  • 3,101 posts
  • Projects:Real Life
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Retired Leader / Manager

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:05 PM

Just know that T3A is our hobby. We will consider all suggestions, but won't go into discussion about all or perhaps any of them, we have other things to do in life. Like 2playgames said, the rankings aren't supposed to be a big deal.

I do too you know ^_^ I'm actually really busy with college and other outside activities, and modding is put on the lowest of priorities. But I do feel it is important to consider and discuss any and all suggestions made. Since you are all claiming to be part of the staff, than it should be your job to perform these basic tasks. I'm not asking to go into hour long discussions about it, but to really consider and talk about what I'm bringing up. To even suggest that you will not discuss about issues being made would be very disappointing for me.

I understand. The message doesn't change tho. I'd like to discuss every suggestion, I think this talk should be prove to that point :), but reality is that chances are I won't always be able to do that. Now the "not discussing any suggestion at all" really is your typical disaster scenario, but I can't guarantee it won't happen.

While Adummy was gone things haven't always gone as they should regarding the mod update, but now he has returned things should be back on track. Thanks for the offer though :)

Is he doing the upcoming mod update?

That's the plan :)

If more vote, there is a better chance for satisfaction.

True, but it also creates a higher chance of dis-satisfaction. I would explain if I had the time, but for now I have to keep it at "Just think about it." ;)

Solinx
Posted Image

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

#44 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:05 AM

If more vote, there is a better chance for satisfaction. If majority say one mod is higher than the other, sure you may or may not be happy with it, but at least you know what everyone thinks. This is a art community, and you need to be able to handle what the public thinks about your work whether you like it or not. That's life for you.

Unfotunatly there is part of community that is for quantity over quality. But most of T3A Staff is for quality over quantity which is definatly the way to go. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:03 PM

I agree with Rob on the previous page.

Unfotunatly there is part of community that is for quantity over quality. But most of T3A Staff is for quality over quantity which is definatly the way to go

hmmm

I feel that way too much attention has been given to the top 3 mods they are great mods but there are others here that are often overlooked.
Recently in one of the news topics I brought up the idea of giving front page news updates for some of the other mods.
Kind of a monthly spotlight thing.
I think this is a great way to make sure that the other mods don't get ignored and forgotten.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#46 Solinx

Solinx

• Undead
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:33 PM

We had quite a bit of a discussion about what you suggested back then, and while at first thought it seemed like a good and simple idea, we concluded it has too many flaws and side-effects to it to implement.
Now Rob is staff, he may (help) set something similar up.

Sorry for not being more specific, I'm short on time.

One last thing tho... "I think this is a great way to make sure that the other mods don't get ignored and forgotten."
You make it sound like the only thing we provide for our hostees is that the top three get to post news on the frontpage.

Solinx
Posted Image

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

#47 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:44 PM

IIRC correctly, the main problem is that by limiting it to one mod a month, if there are multiple releases in a month then only one mod gets the spotlight, whilst other months will have a rather low key spotlight. IMO, the only time the other mods should be getting their own newsposts is for major releases.

And how the hell do other mods get ignored and forgotten? RA, SEE and RJ got their own section of the forums because they are very popular mods with a large amount of traffic. But all it means is that they are constantly top of the list. People scrolled down to the bottom before, they will still do. So people will still see your forums. With regards to the newsposts, they're aren't that many done by the three mods, and they are discouraged from posting Sunday till Tuesday to keep the mod update at the top of the main site news for a few days - and again, people will scroll down to see what's second on the list. So IMO, "ignored and forgotten" is just an irrational fear.
Posted Image

#48 Solinx

Solinx

• Undead
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:59 PM

There were more issues than that, but yeah that's one of the main reasons.

Solinx
Posted Image

#49 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:41 AM

Now Rob is staff, he may (help) set something similar up.

Yes, in the coming months, I will try to address some of the issues discussed here. One will be getting the mod updates out in a regular and consistent manner :p

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#50 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:05 AM

You're da man! :p

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#51 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:24 PM

Rad, keep in mind that the ability to have regular, minor updates on here is in itself a privilege. I participate in a mod that isn't hosted here because of site/forums policy, but don't get the amount of publicity even some of the more minor mods here do because of the lack of regular updates. Anyone that sees your weekly update and is interested will scroll down the forums page until they find it.
He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#52 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:49 PM

While not technically a complaint I was wondering what the status of a lot of T3A chamber members are.
With a lot of the seniors keeping a low profile or gone completely Cel,Ched,2playgames,Dain,Matias etc are there plans to replace those who left,or reorder the ranks so to speak.
I have noticed they still post in the chamber forums and their respective mods.

I will say Lauri and Rob are doing well.
(Rob handles my requests in a very timely manner even on christmas ;) )
I'm just wondering what's in the future for T3A are we going to keep evolving or just ride the tide out until the community is lost in the great internet sea.

#53 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:11 PM

BfME 2 was so awful, I never posted in the public forums again ;)

#54 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:02 AM

Good question here. Yes, some members have become much too busy in real life to adequately do their jobs at T3A. I'm pretty sure there will be some pretty big changes by the time summer comes around. It's something I'm planning to discuss with the admin in the beginning of the new year. :lol:

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#55 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:33 AM

OK good to know that change is still happening.
Just keep us informed :lol:

#56 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:05 PM

A quick question does anyone know the status on the forum skin?
I am really missing the old T3A look the generic IPB skin is getting tiresome.

#57 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:41 PM

I never knew we had a T3A skin..... :wink_new: I WANNA SEE IT!!!

#58 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:54 PM

Don't know about you, but I can use the skin The 3rd Age 2006...
I wouldn't recommend it though, as it's not done :wink_new:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#59 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:00 PM

... the generic IPB skin is getting tiresome.

Then use the Revora skin :wink_new:

There won't be any T3A skin soon, as nobody except me could be bothered to work on it and I simply don't have the time at the moment.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#60 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:35 PM

I don't mod BFME anymore, and I rarely play it (I will though when a nice mod is finished like RA or SEE). I am reasonably active in the Team Chamber, but of course you people don't see that :p
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users