• Hosted
  • 1,270 posts
  • Projects:might just go back to voxeling
  •  just voxeling stuff

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:30 AM

Introduction

(2010 note) since I've forgotten bout this thread I need to update story etc :p

Introduction

The story of dark rising takes place a few years after the defeat of Yuri at the arctic leading to his confinement in Europe.

Remaining Yuri loyalist retreated into southern parts in Africa and sneaking into post controlled soviet controlled state Libya. The allied nations in the US and Europe imprison the soviet leader for his part in the war and send him to London for war crimes as the soviet union itself is governed and kept under control by allied forces.

Posted Image

Current Situation

Yuri loyalists now have rebuilt their forces using what ever technology they have left without Yuri their psychic powers have taken a big toll resorting them to rely on their bio and genetic weaponry as well as salvaging parts for their tanks. Despite the look and the advancements of allied forces they sweep through most of Africa and begin a plan to spring Yuri from his prison to lead again.

Allied forces seeing the problem could become worse have talks with all willing countries decide join forces completely as one whole army. The Allied force is now known as the Western alliance involving all western European countries, the north american countries and the pacific.

Despite Western alliance halting the Loyalist armies near Egypt a small task force sneaks into Germany to spring through and get Yuri out of Europe. They take the prison by surprise smashing through their forces and springing Yuri out. But once Yuri had reached the prison walls he was shot by a sniper. Though this was not a sniper used by the Western forces as it was seen to vanish without a trace after it done its job.

Without Yuri the loyalist decide to wage their own war for dominance as a new army deciding to go under the name Revenant.

Posted Image

Soviet's Resurrection

While the conflict in Africa was happening Soviet leaders who had escaped before the western occupation were planning a invasion of their own to retake Russia. Soviet friendly nations helped in rearming for a massive strike into the motherland. Western forces were taken completely by surprise
as the soviets massive armor plowed through to Moscow.

Once power returned into communists The Soviets needed to fix some mistakes one was to remove the premier completely. A unknown mercenary approached the government giving them the chance to give them the premier and remain completely innocent in the attack. The operation had been carried off and once the premier returned expecting a heroes welcome was killed for being one reason the great war was lost.

Now the Soviets returned to its glory and joined with other communist states decide to combat the Western alliance forces they would form the Soviet Empire

So far no moves have been played by either force but everyone expects one to be made soon.

Posted Image

A Unknown force appears

Reports of unidentified tanks and aircraft have been spotted through out the world. Originally these were thought to be experimental weapons used tested by Soviet or Revenant forces and before a recon force could check out the spotting no trace of any weapon were ever found.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

There have been reports that the sniper that killed Yuri and the mercenary the sprang the premier out of London are actually allied by a unknown force relating to these weapons though many in Western alliance headquarters have dismissed these "ghost weapons" and the relations to unknown soldiers.

Some believe though this force had a hand in the revenant armies and are planning something big.

Though one day an attack on the western US was made. Noone saw them coming and they didn't stay long it was if they were looking for something.

No one knows where they are now and what they are planning next

(end story so far)

Well thats the new basis of the story sorry if my grammar sucks though :crazed:

Once the 4th side is shown and a name given I will explain their take in the story I also plan to add a few images to add to the story for a visual idea on how the conflict happens stay tuned!

Edited by SSTG, 06 March 2010 - 02:46 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:04 AM

hey, since yuri is town graded, you could have his stuff being like tech goodies

also, does that mean you will be adding some of his units into the other countries (like back into soviets)

(old darkrising post does'nt count for 2010 story)

Edited by SSTG, 18 January 2010 - 11:56 AM.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 wcvechten

wcvechten

Procrastinator

• Members
  • 658 posts
  •  Just someone uninportant

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:22 AM

like the story and New Zealand,thats something i never saw before as extra team,hope it will be good

#4 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 06:10 AM

yeah, still think NZ and Aus should be together

Posted Image

#5 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:22 AM

cool

but you didnt include NZ, have you decide to join it with Aus?

Edited by SSTG, 18 January 2010 - 11:57 AM.

Posted Image

#6 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:58 AM

ah, i see

hey wait, one thing i have to ask, why is japan with the allies? in world war 2 they were the bad guy, so why in mods do people always add them to the good guys?

Posted Image

#7 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:30 AM

yeah, if it were realistic you think they would stay out of the war, they just had a nuclear bomb dropped on them, so you would think they would want to concentrate on rebuilding, and keep their heaps in

but then you couldn't play them in the mod :D

Posted Image

#8 wcvechten

wcvechten

Procrastinator

• Members
  • 658 posts
  •  Just someone uninportant

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:04 PM

well Japan didnt only attacked America only,they were also after china,which was conquered since there low economics at that time and so their army has affected it aswell,IF china is added and we follow logics,it isnt that developed,it should be soviet tech if you look at the other technology

#9 SSTG

SSTG

alive again!

• Hosted
  • 1,270 posts
  •  just voxeling stuff

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:59 AM

Story has been updated posts in thread have been marked for being from the old dark rising idea so I've changed around some things.

Images when I get around to it so far now I'm working on logos for the 4 sides and probably need feedback before showing them

as well stay tuned for a Big update since I just finished voxels I plan to do alot of information for the mod so will let you more on that when I can

Edited by SSTG, 18 January 2010 - 12:07 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 SSTG

SSTG

alive again!

• Hosted
  • 1,270 posts
  •  just voxeling stuff

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:20 PM

Images added of map movements you may also see new logos for the western alliance, soviet empire and revenant armies logo and map images may change in time depending on feedback
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:09 AM

Looks forward to updated storyline/mod videos/content (got Camtasia?)

You might also consider editing the images to have like a more interface/paper/map effect like http://ra.afraid.org...ss/sshot011.jpg but modern.

Also perhaps adding some black and white recon images might add some better atmosphere in regards to storyline like

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 SSTG

SSTG

alive again!

• Hosted
  • 1,270 posts
  •  just voxeling stuff

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:48 AM

updated with new spy shots of 4th side units that not been seen yet by main revora public :sad:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 MadHQ

MadHQ

Killer of all things!

• Project Team
  • 1,435 posts
  • Projects:Kinky Spam bath's!
  •  This is the blue text!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:52 AM

I am very interested. :sad:
Zomba Productions - Click here!
Posted Image

#14 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:52 PM

Some interesting stuff there! :D

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#15 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

Hellish.Calculative.Eccentric.Dedicated.

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:28 AM

Intrigued-I wonder when it will come out.
"Just die already!"-Libra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users