• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#121 war_angel

war_angel
  • Members
  • 174 posts
  •  psycotic whirlwind!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 07:50 PM

Silva was leaned up against the makeshift battlements of the wall. His legs were feeling very weak, but all of his strength was now in his arms, holding his weapon up into his shoulder. He loosed off shot after shot, blasting infecteds heads all over the place, as did everyone else.

Suddenly a rather large looking general charged forward, he was about 9 ft tall, with tree trunk like arms, he was grey and had huge tusks on his face. The whole wall shook as he slammed into it, and as this happened a rain of bullets desended on him. Chunks were ripped form his flesh, but he carried on, moving backwards to get another run up. Silva quickly glanced around to find a bigger weapon.

Then he saw it, a green metal box with yellow writing on, and he instanly knew what it was. He ran up to it and flicked the lid open, revealing the RPG within. He grabbed it and the three spare rockets. The weight was agonising on his legs, but he didnt need to move much. He leant the tube on the wall, flicked up the sites, and looked for his target. He saw the large thing in his sights, aimed and pulled the trigger. WOOSH went the rocket as it flew through the air in front of a plume of smoke. It smashed into the infected general, knocking him to the ground.

Then he got back up!!!

BOOM-chik-chik-BOOM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#122 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:15 PM

((OOC: @ Everyone: I'm really sorry about taking so long to post in here...stuff just keeps coming up, y'know? I fully intend to post at some point at least in the next week though :mellow:
Thanks for your patience. Please keep yourselves interested with War_Angel's impromptu storyline and similar.))
Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#123 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts
  •  Drifting Gun-Toting Liberal, Forum Lurker

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:35 PM

As the creature got its feet back under itself, another defender let loose with his weapon - Titus. He had swiveled his chair around - much to his chagrin, as pain shot up his leg - and turned the now-spinning cylinders of death towards the beast. and the hellstorm rained down upon it. But, for the amount of bullets he had thrown at the creature, he noticed something very odd; in the spot he was concentrating on, he started to hear bullet ricochets come from it. He let up on the fire, and saw what he thought had happened, though it defied all reason - the thing had been able to withstand the impact, and now had a layer of 'armor' made from the bullets that had made contact with its skin. It was like shooting at clay in the ground, the bullets had been confined there due to the mass of the general, and were wedged in its skin.
"The hell is going on here! The damn thing won't die already!"
(OOC: I think that if it can take an RPG blast, then this'll provide an explanation. The general has such thick muscle and mass, that the bullets are getting trapped and held in place. It'll take something far bigger to kill it. :mellow: Like an armor-piercing Javelin rocket. Or a tank shell.)

OLD SIG
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself,
first as a dark demon. As a demon it uses it power to rain death upon the land,
and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain.
Razgriz intrerpretation

Posted Image <-This stays up there for you, buddy!

#124 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

I have returned, mostly out of boredom.

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:30 PM

Joe found saw the bullets rebounding off the General, and decided that the only way to kill it was with one fatal blow. He found a rope, tied it around his waist, the other end to part of the wall. He climbed up, kneeled down, and pulled the knives out of his ankle holsters. He prayed, jumped, and landed on the beasts shoulders. He quickly started using one knife to cut the front of the throat and the other cutting the back. Blood sprayed everywhere, and soon enough, the head fell, and he jumped, grabbing as far forward on the rope as he could, and climbed back over.

((FZEDIT: I'd just like to say, we did a quick survival roll for this, and Myself genuinely did survive without injury.))

Edited by Fire Ze Missiles!, 06 July 2008 - 11:32 PM.

Hello everyone. I am back.

#125 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:13 AM

The body fell to the ground, and everyone then concentrated on the immediate threat of the infected scaling the walls. Only Kelvin still looked at the huge body, and thats when he noticed it.

Coming forward towards the body was a strange creature. Much to short to be a man, thought kelvin. It floated above the ground, wispy tendrils seeking out the bodies of the fallen infected around it... and with horror kelvin realized what it was doing.

The corpses along its path began to twitch as the tendrils of darkness touched then, they began to move, getting up.
"TH.. THERE! STOP IT! DONT.. DONT LET IT REACH THE BIG GUY!!!" Kelvin screamed at the top of his lungs, everyone looked at him, he pointed frantically, and they all saw it too... but too late.

The floating torso had moved above the giant headless corpse, all its tendrils burrowing into its flesh. the infected all around it had risen back again, and were standing around the large body. then it began. The figures of the large hand twitched, then its arm moved, its knee came up and it began to rise. Gun fire from everyone erupted at that point, but the infected who had been brought back to life jumped in the way, creating a barrier of bodies. as each slumped, dead, a long wispy tendril would move from the body, and it would rise again, to block another lot of gun fire. the huge corpse rose, headless, yet still colossal. it moved to the wall again, bending it put its arms up to when kelvin was standing, resting them against the side of the wall. and as it did so infected spilled forward, climbing over its back and breaching the walls. kelvin fought hard, he took to kicking the infected back down as they came up. but the giant finally had enough of this, it grabbed kelvin in its massive hands, throwing him from the wall.

Kelvin screamed, struggling as more infected closed in on him. boo fell from his pocket
'Noo! boo!" he head a huge explosion, as another missile collided with the giant infected, it fell to the ground, then turning its neck as if looking around, it moved over to part of a broken truck, it lifted the front axel, then threw it. it went flying over to knock others off the wall. Kelvin raced over to them, and they formed a fighting circle, easing their way back towards the wall, trying to climb back up to its relative safety...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#126 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:21 AM

((Why Boo?! Why not Michael Jackson?!))

#127 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:14 AM

((because boo is my super awesome hamster :mellow:))

Posted Image

#128 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:19 AM

Titus pulled out his last option: the anti-projectile rifle. Even with its barrel snapped in two, he would make the shot at such a close distance. He staggered back, using the wall as a support, aimed, and fired - right at the Freak's knee. The 50 caliber round ate through the skin, tendon, and muscle, only to stop halfway out the other side. He aimed and fired again, this time at the opposite knee, to topple the Freak over. It worked; with both its knees no longer functioning, the General was felled like a redwood tree, with the sheer bodyweight snapping both knees. This thing was never gonna get up again, barring some major surgery.
(OOC: It's down, but not necessarily out. After all, it's got beefy arms, so it can still swing at stuff. Including the wall. )

OLD SIG
Razgriz intrerpretation

#129 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:52 PM

the group that had fallen to the ground were nearly at the wall, an infected leaped at kelvin, but he ducked, blasting upwards. Nearly there, just a bit further, he thought to himself, more infected came, this time they took out one of the men, he was dragged down to the floor, kelvin shot of the infected head... but it was too late, the man was dead. kelvin shot the corpse as it began to rise. Thats our biggest problem... everyone we loose, they gain. suddenly, larger group formed, and behind them was the reviver... the one who kept bring them back to life.

Kelvin didn't think, all reason left him. He rushed Forward, kicked an infected to the ground and leaping over them, he moved on. a dry, rasping hiss of laughter could be head, it was coming from the reviver. "You cannot win" came its voice in his mind. "win or not, im still take you out of the picture" infected leaped at him, but he jumped higher, kicking of one of their backs, he flew into the air. he pulled out his two pistols, and as he fell to the ground he fired them.

Bang, bang, bang, bang. Thud. he hit the ground hard, but it was soft and muddy, and he was quickly back on his feet. the same couldn't be said for the reviver, it lay on the ground, bullet holes in its torso, all infected that had been bonded to it were falling... except a few, The reviver was not dead, and it seemed to be concentrating all its power onto a select few, the giant infected included.
Kelvin was about to do the final blow, but was forced back by a furious attack from a particularity fat infected. he rejoined the group, who made it back to the wall. they began to climb, kelvin was second last up, and as he reached down to grab the last man he saw what had happened. infected were swarming him, he had helped Kelvin up, even though he knew it would mean he wouldn't make it himself
"No!" yelled kelvin, but it was too late, he pulled his hand back, and blasted at the three infected now gnawing away at the mans body.

Though its knees were gone, that still didn't stop it, slowly the reviverse tendrils wisped away, and only the giant was left under its power. it reared up, crashign its hands into the wall, shaking the supports. Kelvin half feel next to Titus.
"Dont tell me that things still alive..."
"The hell it is... nothing 'alive could live through this much torture..."
Kelvin said nothing...

Posted Image

#130 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:55 PM

((Wow, you guys are good at this - that was awesome!))

Far from the walls, in a medium-sized, very ordinary-looking building in the centre of the city, three men and a woman stood with expressions ranging from worried to angry on their faces.
"We must use it!" cried one, an ex-military type, still wearing his uniform and a smattering of medals on his breast. "The situation is desperate," he continued, "every night we lose more men. If we do not stop them soon then we will be overrun."
Another man interrupted; dressed in a dirty lab-coat and scratching his messy hair, he looked somewhat out of place. "General, it is not safe to use yet. It hasn't been properly tested and we don't know if there are side-effect-"
"Bullshit!" cried the General, "it kills the infected right? Then for the survival of the human race, it is our duty to use it."
The woman stepped in at this point. Smartly dressed, she spoke curtly and with an authority it was hard to deny. "Nevertheless General, we cannot let hot-bloodedness overtake reason. Surely you can hold for one more day? Or are your prized 'Commandos' not even capable of that?"
Fortunately, the other man, silent up to this point, laid a hand across the General's chest to stop his anger boiling over at the woman, who smiled thinly.
"Enough," he said, his quiet voice instantly commanding silence. "We simply do not have enough soldiers to hold the walls for another night. Either we pull back to an inner perimeter, or we use it. Now. While they're all still here."
There was a pause, in which the general muttered something along the lines of "Damn right..."
The Doctor spoke up again. "I still hold reservations here. If something goes wrong I will not be held responsible."
The woman quickly voiced her agreement to this, at which the fourth man sighed. When would they realise that there was no time for politics these days?
"Then it is decided," he said, "Doctor, have your people hand over the virus to General Adam's men. I trust you will see it released effectively General?"
"Of course." he replied, nodding.
"OK then. Let's do it."

Back on the walls, in a different section to that occupied by our heroes, a soldier barged through the press.
"Outta the way everyone! Whoa, Jesus!" he cried as he fumbled with the precious vial. Eventually, he reached the tower and scrambled up the stairs.
"Captain! I have the Weapon."
The Captain frowned, worried despite the situation. "I thought it was not to be used except in case of emergency?"
"General Adam's orders, sir."
The Captain's frown deepened, but he said nothing. Taking the small vial of green liquid from the private, he loaded it into a specially prepared .50 calibre round, which he then passed to the Barrett-wielding sniper beside him.
"The Weapon, Corporal. You know what to do with it."
"Yes sir." Loading the bullet, the sniper aimed for the largest group of infected - hammering at the gates. Muttering a short prayer to himself, he squeezed the trigger...

Shooting down at the mass beneath the gates, Carl had managed to avoid the chaos suffered by the rest of the group and was still standing. Hearing a familiar click, he pulled back to reload. With swift hands, he slammed another magazine into the automatic rifle, and swung out over the precipice once more.
A thick green cloud sprang forth, smoky tendrils seeking him. Shocked, Carl stood up, and it was good that he did. A man next to him was fascinated by the spectacle, peering over the edge as the cloud moved closer, closer...
Soon it swam around the man's face, who still looked in, puzzled, taking a breath, a sliver of gas entered his lungs. A series of emotions flashed in rapid succession across his face: first, confusion, then a grimace of pain, then the scrunched-up look of a man about to cough or sneeze. And then, the man began to scream. A scream so horrible, so unearthly, even some of the undead looked up at him with glassy eyes.
That was when Carl realised it. The undead. The man beside him was not the only one screaming. In front of the gates, every infected within the cloud was writhing in unbearable torture, screaming wordlessly. For a moment, horror overwhelmed his sense, and Carl's body was powerless to obey his frantic brain. Then he caught another glimpse of the fatal cloud, and the energy came flooding back to him.
"The gas!" he yelled, springing away, "Stay out of the gas!"
Truly, this was their longest night...

The Champion stood still, surveying the battle. Projecting his thoughts far, he sent back towards his base.
'It appears the humans have developed a way to kill off our minions. Action?'
A pause was audible, then; 'No. I trust it does not affect you or your brethren?'
'No,' the Champion replied, 'I am unharmed by it.'
'Then matters still proceed to plan, simply faster. Do as you will.'
'Of course, my Lord.'

Edited by Fire Ze Missiles!, 12 July 2008 - 12:59 PM.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#131 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:56 PM

Joe saw some gas appear in the sea of infected. Someone breathed it in, and started going crazy.
"The gas! Stay out of the gas!" someone yelled. Joe saw it as good advice, and started backing away. He backed into a warehouse, and inside, he saw a rack of gas masks. He put one on, and ran towards the gas, using it as protection from the Infected. He saw, though, that the commanders were unaffected, so he ran to go redo what he did earlier to the big commander without his knees: he was going to cut his head off again, and without the reviver, it wouldn't survive.

#132 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:42 PM

Titus saw the smoke and gas, and ripped the only remaining part of his shirt sleeve to use as a makeshift gas mask. He crumpled in pain, as his leg and ribcage were still a mess. He fought through it, wrapped the piece of cloth on his face, and got back to wiping the scourge off the map.

OLD SIG
Razgriz intrerpretation

#133 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:01 PM

Augustus cast Titus a last forlorn glance, stuck on the big gun as he was, and fled from the wall. The noxious gases came creeping ever further forward, and Augustus cast about hurriedly for a tap, or a puddle, anything with water. After what seemed like an age he came across what he needed, an outdoor sink of white porcelain, standing beside a front door in a porch. Augustus ripped a sleeve from his shirt, and dunked it under the tap, soaking it thoroughly, before tying it around his mouth and nose. It would have to suffice, he thought, as the gases came whispering ever closer.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#134 southsidediablo

southsidediablo

ChaChe Rodriguez!

• Project Team
  • 748 posts
  • Projects:V|GO, Apocalypse, The Mullet

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:44 AM

John stood on the wall firing his rifle. Looking to his left he saw a green gas slowing covering the infected. "What the hell?" He quietly said to himself, "What the hell are these people thinking?" He quickly changed his focus. The gas was far enough away from him to effect him, well, that's what he hoped anyway...He continued to pour lead on his relentless enemy, trying to thin out their numbers as best as he could.
How can you keep an idiot busy? Click Here to find out....
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

#135 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:39 PM

'Do as you will,' the Lord had said. Very well.
'Pull back!' sent the Champion, broadcasting to all nearby. 'We will not break them this night.'
At first there was some confusion following this statement, and many commanders questioned the wisdom of such a course. But with swift words and an undeniable presence, the Champion crushed their insubordination and soon enough, the undead were retreating.

But there was one who had no ears to hear. An enormous beast, who had been so battered by fire, so mutilated that he had been killed, only to be cruelly revived. And still the behemoth pounded at the walls, though his brethren fled around him...

"The infected sir! They're falling back!"
The cry roused the Captain from his horrified revery, and he glanced up at the sniper. He couldn't bring himself to be encouraged by this remark, however hard he tried. Sighing, he slung his M4 at his back and turned to a man stood behind him.
"Organise some fans," the Captain ordered. "I want that gas out of this city, now!"
The dark figure nodded and ran off into the depths of the urbation. This man was not a soldier, but an 'acquirer' - if you needed something, he could get it for you. While the Captain resented his type in general, he had come in extremely useful since the outbreak...
Returning his thoughts to the present, he jumped as he found the quiet Councillor Haven stood next to him.
"Mr. Haven, sir! You should be indoors, away from the gas."
The Councillor turned to face the Captain, who blanched. The man's eyes were sunken, sorrowful.
"I cannot merely run and hide Captain. I ordered this released. The fault is mine."
The pair stood in silence for several minutes. The Captain ached to help dissipate the terrible gas, but in truth there was little he could do. Eventually, Councillor Haven grimaced and muttered something.
"What was that sir?" queried the Captain.
"The infected, out there. What are they doing?"

Painfully slowly, the enormous oil tanker was dragged from the woodland where it was held. It was pulled by two Maulers, enormous bundles of muscle with no notable brain capacity. Eventually, the tanker was in position, and the Maulers slumped to their hunches, awaiting orders. The Champion shook his head. Those things wouldn't even eat unless you told them to. Unlike the braying crowd behind him, held back only by his prodigious psychic might.
A more intelligent commander moved forward to the tanker and, attaching the nozzle to a gigantic trough, twisted it. A viscous grey-green fluid spluttered from the tube, condensing into a torrid stream. Giving a grimace of disgust at the freshly intensified howls from the horde, the Champion released his hold. Suddenly, the undead were able to move and they swarmed towards the food.
Turning away from the unedifying spectacle, the Champion shouldered through the press until he was in clear air. Noticing a pair of humans observing him from a tower on the wall, he turned his burning eyes towards them and smiled a terrible, unearthly smile.
And on the other end of those eyes, the Captain felt a terror deep in his chest unlike anything he had ever felt before...

((Just a random bit of interest there. The Behemoth is still pummelling at the walls 'cos he's crazed, so go ahead and kill him. Gas is still about so have some fun with that. I've got another absolutely epic battle lined up pretty soon (as in next time I can bring myself to do a big post kind of soon :grin:) which, with luck, will turn your preconceptions on their heads. Well, when it's all explained. Which, on reflection, probably won't be for a little while...
But hey, I'm rambling, so I'll stop. But don't worry, the current period of relative boring is destined to end!))
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#136 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:43 PM

Joe ran to the wall, and leaped as high as he could. He managed to grab on to a high rock, and started climbing. When he got to the top, he pulled his knives out, and leaped. He landed hard, rolling twice. He twisted his ankle a bit, but nothing too serious. He dashed to the champion bashing the wall, and stabbed him directly in between the top and the middle of the spinal cord. Soon, after many times of stabbing, the arms stop moving. The creature roared, and tried to bite at him. Joe moved to his neck, and started sawing away at his neck. Soon enough, the head came off. He proceeded to climbing the wall.

((I got a SURVIVAL in my roll))

#137 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:47 PM

The night wore on. Most citizens returned to their homes - it was unlikely the infected would attack again this night. The new arrivals were filtered through a series of checks and instructed to sign some paperwork (presided over by a grim looking man in a slightly bedraggled grey suit), and eventually assigned living spaces. After three hours of having their story taken, signing legal waivers, meeting the city's leaders and fighting the undead horde they all collapsed to sleep with ease.
The next day, however, seemed to move sluggishly, as if the very air itself was anticipating the fight that would come with nightfall. Every second sauntered lazily by, dragging gradually into minutes which stretched syrup-like into hours. And then, eventually, the day was up. Those defences that could be were prepared. The men were on the walls. All that remained was to wait.

Gary ran inhumanly fast down the deserted road, Alpha keeping close pace beside him. The larger creature carried Ryn over his shoulder, who was still recovering from his climactic battle with the Screamer.
Ryn had regained consciousness enough to tell Alpha where the group had been headed. Having listened in on the Champion's frequent psychic broadcasts, they knew enough of the situation at the city to know it was bad. So it was that they sprinted full-speed towards it.
'Gary,' Alpha sent, suddenly.
'What?' he replied - it was easier than speaking.
'What exactly do you intend to do when we reach the city?'
'...I'm working on it.'

"Ready yourselves lads!" called the unofficial sergeant. "They're a-comin'."
And sure enough, in the darkness of the plains, the ranks could be seen, shifting in anticipation. Along the walls, weaponry was bristled. The sound of a thousand guns being cocked echoed through the still night.
In deathly silence, the undead ranks rearranged themselves according to the mental orders of the Champion. As always for the defenders, it was an eerie display of efficiency.
And then, with a sudden and ear-splitting roar, the horde surged forward, only to be torn to shreds upon the guns of humanity. And so battle was joined, as ever it was.

It was as this maelstrom raged that Gary, panting, arrived on the scene. Quickly taking in the vista, he turned to Alpha.
"You know what's happening here?"
'I know Gary. Do not trouble yourself with what I know or do not know, as it is probably more than you.'
Gary grunted. "We can't let this happen. It's fucking genocide."
'Personally, that's not what I have an issue with.'
But Gary had already left, sprinting down the hillside. Sighing, Alpha laid Ryn behind a nearby tree.
'I'd love to stay, but someone needs to look after that kid...'

Gary's momentum carried him deep into the horde, who were understandably confused by his sudden arrival. Shouldering past the milling creatures, he sought out the local commander, who, upon seeing him issued a curt order along the lines of 'Kill the intruder!'
Backhanding a blade across the throat of an approaching infected, Gary stood his ground. This served only to infuriate the commander, who floated closer, unleashing a questing black tendril. Moving like lightning, Gary suddenly surged forwards, leaping up to the surprised commander. Grabbing the twisted creature around the remnants of its neck he swung round it and pulled it to the ground. The force of the attack was easily enough to break the creature's spine, after which it was easily despatched. Freed of its influence, the nearby creatures moved towards the strongest nearby psychic emanation. Gary.
And that was as many as he needed. Instructing them to defend him from the ever increasing mass now turning to his position, Gary turned his attention inwards. It had taken time, but recently he had truly realized the full extent of the power the Doctor had laid within him. He saw now how all previous experiments were but playthings at his feet, if only he could learn to draw on his power properly. And the only way forward was practice...
Reaching inside himself, Gary could see what he needed. Like a dormant volcano it lay, beneath the surface of his psyche, but not beyond reach. His mental limb reached for it, tearing it from beneath, up to the surface of his being. The power began to trickle through this small break but then, like a bursting dam, it exploded outwards, flooding every crevice of Gary, filling him with potency.
Smiling, Gary's eyes returned to seeing the outside world. And just in the nick of time it seemed - his personal bodyguard was falling fast. But he had had time enough. Spreading his arms wide, he unleashed his mind.
'Stop. Follow me. Fight your masters. They seek only your death. Leave the humans.'
Gary's message pulsed from him, a palpable wave of force, strong enough to utterly override anything else that was preying on the minds of the infected.

And that was all it took. One message, and the tables were turned. The horde, albeit decimated, was still a powerful force, and its full might was now directed towards its former masters. It was a rebellion. A revolution. The Champion stared in horror as his leaders began to fall, killed by their won servants. This was inconceivable.
'Stop this madness!' he sent to those infected advancing towards him, 'Stop I say! Halt! Desist!'
But they ignored him. Snarling his frustration, the Champion unleashed a wall of flame and leapt into those foolish enough to attack him. As he quickly slaughtered them, he spread his thoughts wide.
'All those who remain loyal, to me!' They did not need telling twice.

Edited by Fire Ze Missiles!, 04 August 2008 - 03:48 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#138 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:15 AM

Kelvin couldn't believe it....
"whoa... are we lucky or what?" he remembered again the last time he had seen the infected fighting each other, but that time it had been one against the masses... now it was the masses against the masses... and either way it was a victory for them
"if they kill each other off enough we might just survive this!" he laughed nervously at the men around him, but they didn't seem to notice... they were transfixed by the scene in front of them.

Posted Image

#139 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:06 PM

Augustus stared in confusion. The fear that had been building up inside him for days fell away, to be replaced by a strange feeling of empty calm. The infected were slaughtering one another, their leaders were dropping like flies, and amidst it all Augustus could just make out a single figure, standing still, waiting and watching.

"I wonder who he is," murmured Augustus.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#140 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:19 PM

By this time, General Adams had reached the battlements. Atop the Captain's observation tower the view was all-encompassing.
"Well this is an unexpected development," commented the General, "wouldn't you say Captain Greene?"
"Yes Sir." There was a pause.
"What is it Captain? I know you well enough to tell when you've got something to say. Spit it out, man."
"Sir, I believe we should attack. Marshall the men into vehicles and roll out of the gates."
Adams raised an eyebrow. "Really? And which side do you suggest we help?"
"The infected Sir," Captain Greene continued, unperturbed by the General's scepticism, "Help them take out the leaders. Without them, the ordinary infected are manageable - we could break the siege easily if they were disorganised."
"True enough Captain; I had the same idea. But what about him?" declared the General, gesturing to the immobile figure in the midst of the thronging masses. "What if this is just some sort of civil war? Perhaps he's attempting to destroy the other leaders so that he can have the glory of defeating us for himself. No, Captain, I think we should just sit back and let them tear themselves apart."
The Captain swallowed - he would never have said something as insubordinate as this before, but these days it wasn't just a matter of politics...
"Sir, I must protest. The chances of that are negligible at best, and even if it's true there's no way he and the horde could capture us all if we were mounted up."
General Adams paused, and looked at his Captain.
Breathing out slowly, he drew a cigar from his pocket. "Very well Captain. Your determination has convinced me. You may take half the men."
"Sir?" blanched the surprised Captain.
"Go on. Half the men, I said. Choose whoever you like, but be quick about it. I'll coordinate defence and support from here...well what are you waiting for? Move it!"

((So...guess which half of the men we're in. ;)))
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users