Unreal Rider Project

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#21 knighteyes

knighteyes
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:30 PM

Super Sniper Rifle (UR_Weap_Xark.uc): the svn code you left already has the rapid firing and the recharge. Do you want to change something?

Super Rocket Launcher (UR_Weap_MegaRox.uc): working on this one.

Super Link Gun: haven't touched it. No idea how to make it heal the shield. Maybe Xingmao can give me a hand with this.

Surfer and Surfer Rocket: I saw an avi with a Surfer, but no idea how to tie the redeemer shooting with that.

I'm sorry for being super slow, but the return from the couple of months of uscript inactivity is being hard to overcome.
I read that you¡re not gonna be around the weekend, sorry for that, it's the time I have more hours to code and I'd like to have you around to ask.

I'll keep working on the ssuper rocket launcher.

#22 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:32 PM

Xark is running nicely, Link Gun already heals, so Super Link should too using alt-fire already. Xiongmao has already done the Surfer Rocket - although we could do with having the code on SVN.

The real trick is getting dual weapons on them for the Double Damage class. I recently found a mutator that includes dual snipers and link guns, might be worth looking at. It's "EliteMachines XV".

#23 knighteyes

knighteyes
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:12 AM

any idea why I see this error when I check the log?
Error: Error reading attributes for 'D:\Archivos de programa\juegos\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\..\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Script\UnrealRider.u'

I don't use the '-useunpublished' switch.

I spent many hours and still can't figure out many things, since we have just a few days to finish, I prefer to be just a dumb code monkey and ask you, so I can finish sooner (normally, I'd take more hours and even days to figure it out by myself).
I'm looking at the code for the MegaRox, it reloads ammo with the alternate fire and also fires a projectile. The only place I see it can be re-loading ammo is in ProjectileFire (is that correct?), but it doesn't show a log message I put there.
On the other hand, the customFire shows log messages, but does not shoots. I see a lot of projectiles spawned (in code, not in the game) should they go in an array or something? What do I have to do to shoot'em?

I've been searching for examples but couldn't find anything useful.

Sorry to bother you with questions, but I know we have little time, so I think iit's better to ask and finish than keep trying and fail the deadline.

#24 xiongmao

xiongmao
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:56 AM

don't panic knighteyes, I've read your posts and you're obviously looking at weapon code, Let me know (through msn ?) what you're trying to do :xd:
About your problem, you need option -useunpublished when compiling and launching game.

ah btw, I've fixed the healing shield stuff :thumbsupsmiley:

#25 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:19 PM

The MegaRox fire code was experimental. I was trying to work out why it was still firing three rockets with alt-fire, when it should have been using a different fire method. May be prudent to read the description at the beginning of this thread, and work from there, rather than look at the other code :xd:

#26 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:22 PM

Attached to this post is a copy of my current code directory, and an assets package. The real important stuff is in the Class Menu and Player Controller. Should be largely working. The test UIScene is largely functional, but needs some tidying.

There is also a set of materials in there for you, Erwan - and a sample alternative that uses a circuitry texture that you could potentially swap in the original base, if you think it might look better, and plenty of colour variations for you to play with (or you can create your own easily).

Attached Files

#27 knighteyes

knighteyes
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:38 PM

The MegaRox fire code was experimental. I was trying to work out why it was still firing three rockets with alt-fire, when it should have been using a different fire method. May be prudent to read the description at the beginning of this thread, and work from there, rather than look at the other code :p

I'm doing both :huh:
I'll be struggling with this this weekend. The weird part is that one functions logs but does nothing and the other works but doesn't log. The unexplainable is just lack of knowledge, so after a few/lot hours of try and error I'll get somewhere and will be wiser (sort of).

Have a good weekend

#28 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 14 June 2008 - 03:25 AM

The MegaRox fire code was experimental. I was trying to work out why it was still firing three rockets with alt-fire, when it should have been using a different fire method. May be prudent to read the description at the beginning of this thread, and work from there, rather than look at the other code :p

I'm doing both :huh:
I'll be struggling with this this weekend. The weird part is that one functions logs but does nothing and the other works but doesn't log. The unexplainable is just lack of knowledge, so after a few/lot hours of try and error I'll get somewhere and will be wiser (sort of).

Have a good weekend

Sounds about right. I'll catch you guys ASAP this weekend. If you get caught fire in the forums.

#29 xiongmao

xiongmao
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:48 PM

Hi all,
I've finished (and uploaded) the first version of shield system. :D I've added in folder content a test map CTF-EA-UnrealRider based on John's work(UnrealRider_shieldgenerator.upk and EA_UR_Package.upk are required). This map contains an example of allctors, kismet event and action used to handle ShieldSystem (ShieldGenerators are located in the center of the map).
Thie shieldVolume is invisible for now because I don't know how to set a material to a volume? (I may need to add an ActorComponent inside luke any idea ?)
Luke could you upload all your code to svn. We could start test on the new map in the beginning of next week :p

FeedBack is appreciated

#30 Darknet

Darknet
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:10 PM

It looks good. Did you test this in gametype mod or you tested out in unreal editor? I try to get to other team flag and return it base I got block by the volume. There should be a volume to detect a player if hey have the flag to turn off the blocking volume. There was one error I think that the player can attack their own genartor to lose health. This was a quick test on the map.

Edited by Darknet, 15 June 2008 - 03:12 PM.

JP - Darknet

#31 xiongmao

xiongmao
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:07 PM

Thanks John for this quick feedback !!!

Did you test this in gametype mod or you tested out in unreal editor?

I use our GameType which is currently a simple CTFGame

I try to get to other team flag and return it base I got block by the volume

Great bug indeed !!!. Didn't know the player need to go back team flag to score :p

There was one error I think that the player can attack their own genartor to lose health

In fact, I know this behaviour and keep it, team has to be responsible ^_^

For now, enable and disable message are sent to the team which owns the shieldgenerator but I think I will send messsage to all players because enemies don't know when they disable the shieldgenerator.

#32 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:13 PM

Can't upload to SVN yet - but the code I have is in that zip. Moved down here ok, but need to sort out the net connection, which is a pain in the arse. Back to programming tomorrow.

#33 xiongmao

xiongmao
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 05:51 PM

oh ok no problem.
The Bug, John as Mentioned above, has been fixed (I've added a Bump Method in ShieldVolume as Touch/UnTouch is not called because of bBlockActors=true)
I think it's Time Meeting, I'd like to know what has to be done for first release ^_^

#34 knighteyes

knighteyes
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:37 AM

I'm uploading to svn a rocket launcher modified version (called ut_weap_megarox in the game). It reloads ammo using the alt fire and launches 10 rockets in the normal fire mode (this is from a code from xingmao, just changing the function that spawns the rockets will be enough to change that fire mode). I'm extending some rocket launcher's states to do that. Seems a little buggy, but it's enough to start testing it.
Please check it. I'll try to do the megalink stuff, but I don't know how long it would take me. The rocket launcher seemed easy, but without enough reading material it takes a lot of time to figure out even the simplest of things (at least, it takes a lot of time to me :( ).

Feedback will be appreciated.

#35 xiongmao

xiongmao
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:26 AM

Nice knighteyes, I'll test that tonight :p

When I upload Shield System yesterday, I ask myself "How player can find those ShieldGenerators???" So I 've updated the HUD with a new feature. Just below score, a number has been added, it represents the number of enabled shield generator (and of course decrease/increase according to generator state). I've also added an arrow (same as UTCTFFlag )which points to the nearest disabled friendly generator and nearest enabled enemy generator. I still have some problems with screen position, I'll fixed that tonight if I can find time ^_^

#36 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:04 AM

Sounds good. I'll let you know as soon as I'm online again. Moving house at literally the last minute doesn't help your organisation much, haha.

Either way, meeting, 8pm GMT on Wednesday night? We shouldn't hopefully have too much to do apart from tightening stuff up.

If you haven't solved the materials on the volume issue yet, you'll want to take a look at the UT3 slow field - it's a special volume that can be deployed - but uses a mesh.

Edited by ambershee, 16 June 2008 - 02:51 PM.

#37 xiongmao

xiongmao
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:38 PM

Wednesday sounds good, Tomorrow not, it's France-Italia so Beer and Pizza Time :p
By the way, here is the new HUD, that's quite simple but it's mandatory if people wants to find these ShieldGenerators. (see the two numbers below and their respective arrow pointed in the right direction ^^)

Posted Image
Posted Image
I'll take a look to SlowVolume right now
Enjoy :p

Ps: if someone can tell me why the console command "editactor class=UR_HUD" doesn't work, I will save a hug amount of time

Edited by xiongmao, 16 June 2008 - 08:39 PM.

#38 Darknet

Darknet
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:43 PM

Nice it looking good.
JP - Darknet

#39 xiongmao

xiongmao
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:31 PM

Hi All,
New update on ShieldVolume (Thx Luke for the tips). a static mesh with luke's material has been added to the ShieldVolume. The main problem is that we can't set a custom size for the volume anymore (In fact I should extends from actor instead of volume) but it doesn't matter as the ShieldVolume must fit Flag Dimension.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Enjoy :p

#40 Darknet

Darknet
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:56 PM

That is great work! ^^)> I hope the trigger works.
JP - Darknet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users