ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:13 PM

Hi All,
New update on ShieldVolume (Thx Luke for the tips). a static mesh with luke's material has been added to the ShieldVolume. The main problem is that we can't set a custom size for the volume anymore (In fact I should extends from actor instead of volume) but it doesn't matter as the ShieldVolume must fit Flag Dimension.

Looking good. We can easily use a custom mesh, so we don't need to be able to scale it. I believe John has already done one we can try? Although will that affect our collision?

#43 xiongmao

xiongmao
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:52 AM

Well for now, I use SlowVolume Mesh which is a cube, I think it's enough, we don't need a custom one (except if it's already done). Collision should not be a problem, I use Bump Method to detect Pawn collision. So it should be allright
see u this evening :crazed:

#44 knighteyes

knighteyes
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:12 PM

Had a couple of complicated days, just going back to normal.
Added my msn to my profile, today at 8 pm gmt I'll be at work, but if nothing weird happens I'll be able to chat.

#45 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:22 PM

No worries. If anything important comes up, someone will post it in the forums.

#46 xiongmao

xiongmao
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:55 PM

All right, here is the list of tasks mentioned during the meeting:

1) Map Kantham + Map John
This is important that someone set up one (or both) of these maps (Luke or John) before Friday that won't need a lot of time I think

2) upload source Luke
I'll do this Tonight or tomorrow (fast)

3) fix LinkGun
=> Knighteyes

4) SurferRocket => grapple
=> Erwan or Luke if I don't find time

5)
- When score / ShieldVolume back up
=> Erwan
- When ShieldVolume is enabled, people inside die
=> Erwan
- deployables need fixing - need to select like normal weapons, mines need to have proper damage effects
=> Luke

The fifth statement is not mandatory for me. We should focus on the other points to release a BetaGameType and map by Tuesday at last.

Let's go guys we're close :p

#47 xiongmao

xiongmao
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:34 PM

2) upload source Luke

Done (update your repository, you will get luke's source code and assets) :p

#48 xiongmao

xiongmao
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:27 PM

- When score / ShieldVolume back up
=> Erwan
- When ShieldVolume is enabled, people inside die
=> Erwan

Done (I've updated source code and my test map on svn with an example of the new kismet event and action)

I take a look at SurferRocket, that would be harder than we think. We need to rewrite the SurferRocket as an AirVehicle and not just copy/paste code. That means that we need first a SkeletalMesh (John has made one based on Avril StaticMesh) I didn't test it for now because it's quite late. Today was my last evening before monday so Luke if you want to take a look at this SurferRocket ask John :thumbsupsmiley:

Well Have a nice weekend, see u on monday :p

#49 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:30 PM

I've updated my content package with some trivial fixes, and have been trying to solve the text string descriptions that are not apparently working (not updating :(). Kantham's map is part ready, but I need to get the kismet example sequence for the shield generators before I can fix it up properly.

#50 knighteyes

knighteyes
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:04 AM

so many hours, so little progress....

I've updated the mega rox (rocket launcher), 2 known bugs: when your ammo count is 10 rockets and you fire, you get still 1 rocket (you should have 0), that's a miscalculation. The second, sometimes, it takes 2 clicks to pass from the reloading ammo state to the firing state. Seems to be random, can't find the reason yet.

I'm updating the mega link code. You can wield two of them (have to fix the way they are shown), but only the left one fires. The other one does the animation as if it is firing, but you never get to see the projectiles nor the beam. Any idea will be welcomed.

#51 xiongmao

xiongmao
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:43 AM

@Luke: there's a test map in content folder where you can find kismet example

@knighteyes

The second, sometimes, it takes 2 clicks to pass from the reloading ammo state to the firing state. Seems to be random, can't find the reason yet.

I noticed that too. Method fire is not called the first time you enter the state. To solve that, call method XXfireXX() from BeginState or add a label in the state
state toto
{
   begin:
	fire();
}

#52 knighteyes

knighteyes
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:51 PM

I have:
simulated state toto
{
   begin:
	  if (Role == ROLE_Authority)
	  {
		 fire();
	  }
}

And the beginFire also has the same if.
Everytime you click the secondary click, you reload ammo and go back to Active state. I think the problem is that it doesn't change to Active state as it should.

@Luke: there's a test map in content folder where you can find kismet example

@knighteyes

The second, sometimes, it takes 2 clicks to pass from the reloading ammo state to the firing state. Seems to be random, can't find the reason yet.

I noticed that too. Method fire is not called the first time you enter the state. To solve that, call method XXfireXX() from BeginState or add a label in the state
state toto
{
   begin:
	fire();
}

#53 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:39 PM

On the plus side, I got the deployable sorted, I'll do the map tommorow. The landmines are awesome - need to finish the skymine.

#54 xiongmao

xiongmao
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:39 PM

Hi guys,
How's it going? I'll be online tonight , my girlfriend is away til 11-12PM :dry:
Let's do some network tests

#55 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:42 PM

Getting there. Still need to solve the skymines and the grappling. I can't get my gaming machine online yet, but I can network test myself offline - it's possible to start a dedicated server on your own machine, and then join that game, which should have the player act as the replicated client. The exact technique is somewhere on the UT forums - I'll dig it out now and come back when I've found it,

Edit: Here it is. Had to dig it out manually, 'cos it wasn't coming up in the searches :@
http://utforums.epic...ad.php?t=614556

Edited by ambershee, 24 June 2008 - 04:41 PM.

#56 knighteyes

knighteyes
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:43 AM

I'm still at the same spot. All animations and flashes shows, but no firing.
Bots never go dual wielding, wonder why is that.

If someone has time to check the code, feel free to do it.
I'll give it some more hours tomorrow, but lack of progress is frustrating.

#57 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:41 PM

Third person dual wielding is handled by the attachment code, not the weapon. Either way, don't worry about it. I have written in suitable weapons for use by the Double Damage for the first beta, and more normal weapons for standard classes. The only thing that is missing is the grappling. Erwan, how is your progress on that? Can we get it done by tomorrow?

I am uploading a snapshot of my current code to FTP, as well as a version of Satellite. I had difficulty getting the Test to work, as well as Satellite, so it may need redoing,

I'm going to try and get a third map running based on CTF-Face, with a different type of objective (pressure pad activated by tank) tonight.

The code here is pretty much complete, has all working deployables and weapons, with the class menu and the rest. It is based on version 126, so should be very up to date and easy to merge with.

What needs doing is this: I need a zip archive with what will be the downloadable product as it stands - the compiled source, config files, assets and both maps. This should have relevant installation instructions and such like. The game mode should be called 'CTF++', and the map prefix is CTFPlus - this matches Warfare++ that I released last month. You can download that here, and look at it's installation structure:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/warfare

If there is an issue with Satellite you can download and modify it here (remove weapons, armour some vehicles and add shield generator):
http://utforums.epic...ad.php?t=602801

The downoadable zip will be here when finished uploading:
http://sheelabs.game...iles/URSnap.zip

#58 xiongmao

xiongmao
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:11 PM

Guess I have a bad news about Surfer Grapple. I'll make several tests with John but didn't manage to work something out in the mean time :p At least, we still have the first version.
I'll do better next project ;)

#59 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:46 PM

Ok - can we get a release zip compiled? I have a few extra classes and minor alterations and a new map to upload. I did try and get some limited bot support, but it didn't work out. I will update URSnap in a few minutes.

#60 xiongmao

xiongmao
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:06 PM

Luke, I don't understand what do you want ? URSnap.zip is a candidate zip? or do I need to get files from svn + URSnap.zip and merge everything ?
I'll stay online, that would be better if you can connect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users