Photo

Punishing Crimes

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Poll: Punishing Crimes

What do you think should happen to murders, rapists and other trully fucked up crims?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:07 PM

I think we should just continue with the British policy in the 19th century. Dump them in australia! Problem solved ;)

#62 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:56 PM

Svalbard. Or Novya Zemlya. That's exactly what places like that are for. New Zealand's awesome, don't fill it up with murderers and rapists when there are parts of the world nobody cares about.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#63 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:59 PM

Like Australia!

#64 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:35 AM

maybe they should just put all the crims in one country *looks at new zealand* and let them just kill each other.

Right, because as we all know, New Zealand is completely and utterly uninhabited... :p

Please do some research before you post in The Think Tank.

#65 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:26 AM

I'll go along with whatever Vort and Tom said. Though I still think that a cold-blooded killer deserves a cold-blooded death, as Vort said.

And the above post is proof that Americans and sarcasm don't mix.

#66 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:21 PM

And the above post is proof that Americans and sarcasm don't mix.

No I think it is Kacen attempting to prove that he is intellectually superior. His ideology requires it.

#67 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:49 PM

Ey, as a citizen of the country that owns Svalbard i can tell you that any prisoners you send up there is going to have a much grander time than in your average American prison. Besides, asylum seekers who are desperate enough are not ejected if they move to Svalbard, because they don't mind getting some extra help up there :crazed:. Its hilarious to see some African or Arab running around up there shivering and wondering if war and death is better than the cold, cold north :p

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#68 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:32 PM

Wait, I just had a thought.

If someone is convicted of raping someone or something; then get the ugliest, fattest, and biggest person in the jail you can find, and make them rape the rapist no matter the gender.

Let them out of jail and see what happens. But tell them if they rape another person, they'll have to be raped by someone worse and watch them beg for mercy and swear they won't do it again. :umad:

Edited by Durandel, 18 April 2009 - 08:33 PM.

#69 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:46 AM

Some people get off on that sort of junk. Rapists, being already pretty twisted, probably have a higher percentage of people like that. Forced sterilization without anesthesia would work better, I say.

Posted Image

#70 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:58 AM

My honestly preferred view is to make the punishment fit the crime. Castration for rapists, death for murderers, property seizures for everyone who made money illegally, that sort of thing. Prison sentences too, of course. Basically, it should be that if you get caught, you're absolutely fucked, which is the only way to make people stop.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#71 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:01 AM

My honestly preferred view is to make the punishment fit the crime. Castration for rapists, death for murderers, property seizures for everyone who made money illegally, that sort of thing. Prison sentences too, of course. Basically, it should be that if you get caught, you're absolutely fucked, which is the only way to make people stop.

What happens when more and more people don't get caught? People will start doing it since they know they'll likely not get caught. What then?

#72 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:17 AM

How does that matter? What happens when criminals don't get caught these days? They hang around, keep doing their thing and then get caught eventually or stop, or die. If the criminals don't let you catch them then the punishment is irrelevant.

#73 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts
  • Projects:....

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

I think we should just continue with the British policy in the 19th century. Dump them in australia! Problem solved tongue.gif

thats exactly what we need right now

#74 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:10 AM

You know, that's actually not a bad idea. We could ship all the fat people to Australia too, but then we really wouldn't have much of America left, then, would we? ;)

Posted Image

#75 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts
  • Projects:....

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:56 AM

Actually statistically Australia is the worlds most overweight country. I think it was late last year we overtook america, but you have a way bigger population (I think there are more people in new york city than there are in our entire continent ;) ). so you still have more fat people :)

But actually the Australian outback is an amazing place to dump criminals in, like seriously you can go for miles without seeing another person. so just re-do the convict thing again?

#76 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:48 PM

The outback is also an ideal place to dump bodies if you're an Australian serial killer.

Is that true? Is Australia really fatter than America? Also, you totally don't have fewer people than New York. Oceania has a population of roughly 32 million, whereas New York City had nearly 20 million in 2008. Unless they've picked up 12 million people in six months, I think you're still winning. ;)

#77 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:54 PM

Did you know that the BNP wants to bring back hanging and the birth? Outrageous...

#78 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:31 PM

The birth?

I say bring back hanging - I have no problem with that. It's their racist policies I oppose.

Google the Casey Report. The british people agree that the punishments should be harsher. The article is ok. I'd like to see some of it coming into force.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users