You probably get this a lot, but...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Doomdragon

Doomdragon
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:55 AM

First, I'd just like to congratulate you on making a brilliant mod. If I'd been told it was an official release, i wouldn't have questioned it.

However...

I really think you should tone down the difficulty. I was on 'Easy AI' (Playing against the soviets) and I had 3 Kirovs up my ass before I'd even built my barracks. Needless to say, my base was totally flattened. There have been a number of similar incidents, usually involving those annoying nuclear attack dog things and MiG fighters.

The campaign is no different:

Soviet mission 1. I'd established a reasonable base with a number of veteran tesla coils holding it down. I'd prepared an armada of about 6 Apocolypse atomic tanks ready to flatten their base, but OH CRAP about 5 chaos drones have rolled up flanked by 2 masterminds. Needless to say, my base was levelled in under a minute.

I mean seriously, Masterminds on THE FIRST LEVEL? You're not supposed to lose on the first level, it's not what it's there for. It's meant to be a nice and easy welcome to the campaign, but it had me tearing my hair out.

What i'm saying is just reduce the difficulty a bit, or at least put in the option to, so casual non-tournament style players such as myself can enjoy the game without pissing myself with frustration.

Thanks for reading my rant/story.

Edited by Doomdragon, 01 June 2009 - 10:02 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:02 AM

Hey Doomdragon and thanks for warm comment.

Although I pointed this before - after campaigns of Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge, Mental Omega is at least the third campaign you play so: 1. After so many battles sides are already teched up, only aquiring new equipment available only in the modification 2. First mission of third campaign is not really a thing that should not be lost - also, in fact first missions are easiest compared to the rest and believe me - difficulty rises quickly 3. Well, would be stupid of Yuri's to commence full-scale assault over Russia using Lasher Tanks only, wouldn't it? :p

And first Soviet mission is really easy to be done - just mass Tesla Coils and eventually use walls for blocking the way for Chaos Drones. You don't have to use units for base defense, really.

As for skirmish difficulties, I am still trying to balance out easy, medium and brutal. ;)

Also.. nuclear attack dog? Sounds cool! :p

Edited by Speeder, 01 June 2009 - 10:02 AM.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#3 Doomdragon

Doomdragon
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:09 AM

Well, would be stupid of Yuri's to commence full-scale assault over Russia using Lasher Tanks only, wouldn't it? ;)

Don't underestimate Lasher tanks! :p

But yes, I suppose that makes sense. if it follows on from other campaigns, then to start the difficulty over again would be a little stupid.

As for skirmish difficulties, I am still trying to balance out easy, medium and brutal. ;)

Glad to hear it. Looking forward to future releases!

Also.. nuclear attack dog? Sounds cool! :p

;)

I meant the Epsilon attack dogs that bite people and make them explode with greenness...
I'd hate to give you ieas like nuclear attack dogs, even though they would probably be pretty awesome if made... :D
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users