71 replies to this topic

#1 Pals7

Pals7
  • Project Team
  • 50 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Amateur Mapper / Novice Modeler

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:19 PM

I have recently joined the team as a mapper, and thought I would open up a topic for people to put ideas for maps they would like to see at some point.
Currently, I have been contacted by some of the staff and am working on the campaign, but once that is complete, I would be more than happy to take on other requests and ideas that you, the players, would like to see in the mod.
Thank you very much for both your ideas and your patience with me getting some other things first.
Also, I will be working on things on a "first come first served" basis. So the sooner you get your requests in, the sooner you will see something from it.

Edit: Oh, a final note. I will also be happy to make any modifications to the requested maps if they are not exactly as you wish for them to be :unsure:

Edited by Pals7, 12 October 2009 - 05:20 PM.

If you are looking for a specific map I've made, and cannot find it in the forum, feel free to PM me and ask for it.
Or, if you want me to try to make you a specific map. Feel free to PM me with the details on how you want it to look/work and I will do my best to make the map you're looking for.

#2 Taran

Taran

Ukrainian Cossack

• Project Team
  • 133 posts
  • Projects:Contra
  •  Contra spem spero! - Без надії сподіваюсь!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:41 AM

Welcome. I wish success in all undertaking.
Posted Image

#3 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:11 AM

Will you be able to make co-op mission maps?

also can you make maps with special victory conditions?

#4 Pals7

Pals7
  • Project Team
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:41 AM

Welcome. I wish success in all undertaking.

Thank you :shiftee:

Will you be able to make co-op mission maps?

also can you make maps with special victory conditions?

Co-op missions, quite possibly as I get more in touch with World Builder again.
Maps with special victory conditions: Yes. Depending on the condition, but I think that I would probably be able to bend the program to produce any conditions you wish :p
If you are looking for a specific map I've made, and cannot find it in the forum, feel free to PM me and ask for it.
Or, if you want me to try to make you a specific map. Feel free to PM me with the details on how you want it to look/work and I will do my best to make the map you're looking for.

#5 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:47 PM

I have a map idea,in this map you don't have buildings,you have only units,each time you kill enemy units you get point,more points=better unit,
for example:
you start with rangers,after 10 kills you get toxin trooper,after some kills you get nuke red guard,and etc.

can you do it?

#6 Pals7

Pals7
  • Project Team
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:16 PM

I have a map idea,in this map you don't have buildings,you have only units,each time you kill enemy units you get point,more points=better unit,
for example:
you start with rangers,after 10 kills you get toxin trooper,after some kills you get nuke red guard,and etc.

can you do it?

As far as I know, it CAN be done. If you could provide a bit more of what you'd like to see, I can look more into it when I get some other projects done.

#7 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:25 AM

Thats Me! you wouldn't have gotten that idea from mech/jedi fests from SW Galactic Battlegrounds would you?

And Pals if you could make 3 player maps (which ZH really lacks) that would be very helpful for 3 way ffa games that don't want to use flash effect. Fair map with terrain (some water, hills, small cliffs, choke points etc.) and resources to be fought over in the middle/between players would be nice.

Edited by ApOcOlYpS, 18 October 2009 - 01:25 AM.

#8 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:43 AM

No apoc,i got the idea from a ra3 map.

#9 GeneralGamer

GeneralGamer

Corporal

• Project Team
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:16 PM

Pals7, you could not show any creations? I too mapper, and me it am interesting

Edited by GeneralGamer, 18 October 2009 - 06:18 PM.

#10 Pals7

Pals7
  • Project Team
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:43 PM

And Pals if you could make 3 player maps (which ZH really lacks) that would be very helpful for 3 way ffa games that don't want to use flash effect. Fair map with terrain (some water, hills, small cliffs, choke points etc.) and resources to be fought over in the middle/between players would be nice.

I'll see what I can do

Pals7, you could not show any creations? I too mapper, and me it am interesting

I have no maps to show right now, but I'll put one together.

Actually, I will make a 3-player map for ApOcOlYpS, and you, GeneralGamer, can look at it and see what sorts of stuff I can do.
How's this sound to everyone? :good:

#11 GeneralGamer

GeneralGamer

Corporal

• Project Team
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:49 AM

Interestingly where I will find it =)

#12 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:13 AM

Also guys we need some good 2 vs.2 maps and 5 player maps(there is only 1 5 player map in zero hour)

#13 GeneralGamer

GeneralGamer

Corporal

• Project Team
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:39 AM

I could make, but time does not suffice, and I do campaign =) I have a map 1 on 1, can lay out if wish to look

#14 xenomorph

xenomorph
  • Members
  • 204 posts
  • Projects:becoming the ruler of all
  •  this is not red txt ???

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

there is onr thing in contra wich is a cool thing the forest fires with trees close to each other ive been looking for maps with dense forrests but cant find them if you could make some it could get intresting :dry:

beyond the eternal pleasure of war, when the dead rule and the living die, and the pain of destruction has reigned. when skulls are crushed under the threads of heavy metal. when this time comes i shall arise and rule you all HAIL TO THE KING. praise all forms of xeno for they inherit the future

#15 Pals7

Pals7
  • Project Team
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:44 PM

Okay. I threw this 3-player map together on my hour for lunch between classes today. Feel free to critique it as necessary.

Also. I know my naming system sucks...but I didn't have lots of time to sit there and ponder on it LOL

Edited by Pals7, 14 November 2009 - 07:29 PM.

#16 GeneralGamer

GeneralGamer

Corporal

• Project Team
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:33 AM

It is my map. On Red System it has been highly appreciated (Over hundred persons has downloaded and a little from them have well responded!)
It is a map for skirmish 1 on 1, but has even the prehistory :xcahik_: there Was a nuclear catastrophe of type of Chernobyl, but it is much less on scales

Attached File  LotD.rar   126.17KB   51 downloads

Enjoy!
I wait for your remarks and other

Edited by GeneralGamer, 21 October 2009 - 02:39 AM.

#17 Arcadian Daze

Arcadian Daze

CAPSLOCK!

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:51 PM

try to make a turtledome like map
only now for the offense side dont make drop pads but something else (maybe oil derricks for HUGE cash)
also try something for AA in the origional turtledome the defenders became offenders becauase of superior air force

CAPSLOCK IS THE CRUISECONTROLL FOR COOL

DUDE I'M OGING TO BE 20 THATS THE OLDEST I HAVE EVER BEEN!!!

#18 Lukas 45

Lukas 45
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:54 PM

for example:

can you do it?

I really like that idea ^_^
Playing Games:
Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour: Contra006/007 Mod
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (Join the Danish WoW network on WoWi.dk)
Assassin's Creed

#19 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:00 AM

Also guys can you make some aod type map?

#20 Pals7

Pals7
  • Project Team
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:38 PM

Also guys can you make some aod type map?

Is there anything a bit more specific you'd like to see in the AoD?
If you can give me a bit more information on what you'd like to see, I think I'd be happy to give it a shot :trev:

Though, not a "typical" AOD-type map, I'm working on a defensive-type map.
You start up on the hill and must defend the 4 assaulting armies...Not sure what others will think of it, but I personally think it should be pretty fun :p

Edit: The map should be complete in the next day or so, depending on my group for the physics project I'm working on :D

Edit: I have thrown together an AoD map, and will upload it soon :lol:

Edited by Pals7, 14 November 2009 - 11:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users