Photo

Rhun/Harad split

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Rhun/Harad split

Do you want to see the Evil Men faction split into Rhun and Harad?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 isledebananas

isledebananas
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:55 AM

Well since the mod is first movies, then lore, and finally GW for source we can change things up. My recollection about the little mentioned regions of Middle Earth are foggy so I can't comment on Dorwinion. However, I read somewhere on here perhaps in the previous Evil Men thread that Rhun had basically warriors for pretty much everything. If there was a type of weapon they had it and trained soldiers to wield it. They were more successful against Gondor than Harad was and this was during a time when Gondor was far stronger that it is now. For them not to have their own Pikemen wouldn't make sense.

Wait I just read up on Dorwinion. Its stated as the place where Thingol(aka Elwe King of Doriath) got his wine from. Also stated in the hobbit as being the place where Thranduil gets his wine from. So basically throughout the ages they were a wine people who had some trade with the elves. Its further stated that it could have been within the domain of Gondor's control until they receded back to the Anduin. While they may have traded with Rhun and other close kingdoms they don't seem to be a people to get involved in actual battles more just to make wine and trade it.

Also Variags of Khand being patterned after Mongols isn't a book fact apparently it was made by GW. As I said earlier in the wiki article it describes Variags as a name for a real life Viking people not Mongol. However, Rhun would require light cavalry and units which isn't something I see themselves doing seeing as how most of their units are heavily armored.

Perhaps Khand foot archers could be more like Ithlien Rangers a faster, longer-ranged stealthy arhcer. The Cavalry with bow/axe toggle there for raiding and harassing purposes.

#42 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:05 AM

Rhun does seem pretty strong all around. They have multiple types of polearms, swords, bows, axes, and various types of cavalry. Kataphrakts and Wainriders of course. Lots of strength, a lot like Gondor.
Greetings, community.

#43 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:52 AM

i imagine variags like turks for some reason... must be the location of khand or something, but they look really cool in third age total war as turkish-like people instead of mongol/japanese games workshop guys, and that's how i always imagined them.

Edited by khamulrulz, 23 November 2009 - 07:53 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users