Rhun Heroes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 isledebananas

isledebananas
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:58 PM

Since the Mod-Team sometimes runs out of ideas this will be the thread to post one's suggestions for the heroes of Rhun. From what I have heard around here is that Rhun will be the dark magic/ dragon theme faction. There are talks of putting Smaug into Rhun who will basically be Drogoth slightly remodeled/reskinned. So that is one hero down. There faction compromises Rhun as well as Khand so there can be Khand heroes. I personally have a hard time coming up with names so if anyone can suggest.

Amdara - Commander of a Rhun Clan's armies - I'm debating this hero could be female; should look similar to the elite of Rhun faction in armor but sans helm maybe; will have a sword; Powers:
Leap lvl2 - similar in function to Gimli's leap ability; less damage but recharge is faster
Warchief lvl3 - aura boosts allies attack rate(somewhat) and chance to miss(slightly); chance to miss means attacks directed at units in this field(including Amdara) have a chance to dodge enemy attacks(all including melee)
Inner Fury lvl4 - when Amdara attacks an enemy unit consecutive attacks increase Amdara's attack speed and move speed(stacks but there is a cap); however, if Amdara switches targets the bonus is lost; passive
Blade Storm lvl5 - starts moving weapon in circles around him/her; loses some move speed but gains armor and gives a very fast hp drain to enemies around the hero(ones standing next to it)

Terach - Battle Master of Rhun - he will look like a regular Rhun Warrior but he is bigger and has more bulky/pointy armor; he fights with bladed gauntlets on his hands; Powers:
Dash lvl1 - similar to that charge ability Guardians possess
Detector lvl2 - he can detect stealth units
Deathlock lvl4 - grabs an enemy hero who is unable to move loses armor(a bit) and attack rate/damage(huge), and whom takes some dps for 20secs; Terach can't attack, cast abilities, or move during this and loses some armor
Bash lvl6 - hits the enemy damaging them and making them unable to fight for 5-10seconds; the unit will be pushed backwards a when this is cast; the damage is not huge like other attacks but the recharge is less; when the units is pushed back they knock over enemy units in the way
Blade Armor lvl7 - any melee unit that attacks Terach loses hp; also increases attack/armor a bit and the damage dealt in his 3 previous abilities; passive

Jaakaet - Flame Priest - should be a bearded fellow in dark red robes wielding a staff(think Jafaar from Disne'y Alladin but less creepy, no turban, and longer goatee; Powers:
Cloak of Flames lvl2 - can be cast on allies or enemy units/heroes/siege; gives a fire fx that is in a ring around the affected unit; it gives constant fire damage to enemy units around the affected unit and has chance to make them catch on fire
Burning Hatred lvl4 - cast on enemy units and affects them for a duration; gives them slightly increased damage but every time they attack they take flame damage and thus have a chance to catch on fire
Heated Weapons lvl5 - cast on enemy units makes then unable to attack and gives them constant dps
Wall of Flame lvl8 - creates a wall of fire; any unit that walks through it catches on fire; enemy arrows can't be fired through it but yours can and they will get fire damage
or
Flaming Boulder lvl8 - casts on a point and a flaming boulder rolls from him to chosen direction for a distance; tramples units it hits and sets fire to units nearby or who survived trample; also smashes through buildings

Nesoor - Shadow Priest - should be a cloaked figure in dark robes wielding a staff; Powers:
Shadow Spirit lvl2 - summons a black orb that flies around hitting enemy units for a duration; after the duration it returns to Nesoor restoring the hp it stole from the enemy units
Dark Pull lvl4 - cast on enemy units/heroes/siege; he pulls them over a duration towards him; they can still attack and cast spells but can't move; Nesoor also can't do anything for the duration
Shadow Blast lvl5 - cast on an area shoots a black beam to the center; damage all units a bit, but also reduces their vision to 0 for a duration
Volatile Death lvl7 - AoE cast on enemy and allied hordes/units for a duration; whenever a unit in the affected horde/unit dies it kind of explodes blood damaging nearby enemy units

Lorgan -Dragon King of Rhun - should look like a robed Rhun soldier but maybe no full face cover and more Kingly design; He fights with a poleaxe; note that is a title like Jade Emperor not meaning that he rules Dragons; Powers:
Claws of the Dragon lvl2 - when activated he loses attack rate, but increases attack damage for just long enough for him to deal 9 attacks on a single unit during this ability; additionally each attack diminishes the targets move, attack damage/rate by 10% for 45 seconds; also it stacks with itself so if a hero gets all 9 hits they are -90% move, attack damage/rate
Dragon King lvl3 - aura boosts allied attack(greatly), experience, poison/fire resist(a bit), and fear resist
Skin of the Dragon lvl5 - when casts makes Lorgan immobile but he is invulnerable against regular attacks(though units can still attack he takes no damage), also takes only 45% of spell/poison/fire damage
Tail of the Dragon lvl7 - attacks a unit/hero with his blade which causes a kind of flaming blast; it can set units on fire(not heroes on fire) and diminishes vision/attack range in a radius
Drake lvl9 - summons a slave Drake it will be permanent(requires Dragon Monument to summon); if it dies you have to resummon it(it doesn't respawn but it does come back the level it died[if that's possible]); it also is a hero with proper armor/weapon set and leveling; it posses trample, Detector lvl1(can see stealth units), Eat Unit Spell lvl2(only works when not at full hp), Fire Bolt lvl4(only works on heroes including aerial heroes), and Dragon Hide which is 30% spell resistance lvl6(includes poison and fire) is passive

Sakerlan - King of Khand - should look like a more royal version of Khand's troops; Powers:
Toggle lvl1 - toggle axe/bow even while mounted
Mount lvl1 - he mounts a chariot(there is a driver he is the passenger); he can fire while moving; requires their level2 stables
Arrow Hail lvl3 - he loses attack rate/damage; but he can hit 3 targets at once; this is an on/off spell or duration
Lord of Khand lvl4 - increases sight/archer range, boosts experience, and fear resist
Focus Command lvl7 - units in a radius around him gain attack damage and increased chance to hit(95% all units); he can't attack while doing this move but can move around; he does this for a duration; only units in the radius get bonus if they move out they lose it

Merthar Nahk - Commander of Khan's Armies - should look similar to Khand troops but better looking armor; Powers:
Toggle lvl1 - sword/bow even while mounted
Mount lvl1 - he mounts a regular horse; can fire arrows while moving; requires stables
Martial Prowess - slows his move speed but gains attack rate and enemy archer fire doesn't affect him for a duration
Siege Orders lvl5 - he becomes immobile but all siege(only siege) get a boost to attack rate(big) and damage(somewhat) and range( a little); lasts for a duration; most other boost spells/auras shouldn't affect siege
Fire Rocket lvl7 - he shoots a rocket towards an area; while its traveling it causes enemy units to cower; units in the area it hits get some damage, also dps and armor reduction for a duration;I know you think its outlandish but think more powerful fireworks(they had those in FotR)
*The following abilities won't show up in Palantir slots
Warleader lvl3 - aura gives boost to movement speed(a bit), armor(a lot), experience, and fear resist

Smaug - Last of the Great Winged Dragons - reskinned Drogoth without that head armor thing and also scaled up a bit; Powers:
Fireball lvl2 - same as usual; more damage to buildings
Wing Blast lvl4 - same as usual
Treasure Armor lvl5 - Smaug takes no damage from archer fire except for hero arrow special abilities for a duration
Quick Fire Blaze lvl7 - Smaug sends a small blast of fire on units; they gain take initial damage but also get dps for a duration during which they can catch on fire; enemy units next to affected units can get affected too allowing it to spread
Incinerate lvl9 - Smaug breathes out fire over some AoE underneath him; it causes massive hp drain on units/buildings and can catch on fire; the hp drain is good but not overly so; lastly he can move while doing this
* The following abilities he possesses but aren't on Palantir
Dragon's View - stealth detection plus when he isn't moving his vision range increases over time to be big(not overly so though)
Fearsomeness - causes fear and reduces enemy armor and attack rate in a radius; passive

Edited by isledebananas, 10 February 2010 - 10:10 PM.

#2 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:16 AM

no disrespect to you isledebananas, (creative characters and powers) but this is precisely why i don't want rhun and harad to be split. i'm not trying to be a reactionary, but it just doesnt feel like tolkien or middle-earth any more. i think that the whole priest and dragon thing is a bit too much. to stray as little as possible from the books and movies, i don't think that we should go too far out of our way to make things too complicated. a combined harad and rhun faction would have heroes and powers that fit the roles in the movies and books, without too much creative license being taken.

Captain Jackson - Recruit the pirate-lord of Umbar
-Lvl 1: Knives/Firebomb Toggle
-Lvl 3: Leadership (to corsairs)
-Lvl 5: Pillage
-Lvl 7: Steal Resources
Ubayy* - Recruit this cunning assassin from Harad
-Lvl 1: Climb Walls
-Lvl 3: Stealth
-Lvl 5: Poisoned Blade (passive)
-Lvl 7: Assassin
Muthanna - Recruit this champion of the Mahud from Far Harad
-Lvl 2: Battle Frenzy
-Lvl 4: Fear Resistance
-Lvl 6: Instill Fear
-Lvl 10: Summon Mahud (camel riders and bludgeoners)
Oldur* - Recruit the Variag king of Khand
-Lvl 1: Mount Chariot
-Lvl 3: Train Allies
-Lvl 6: Upgrade Chariot (with archers)
-Lvl 8: Reckless Charge (heroic charge)
Lorgan - Recruit the most dominant of the Rhunnic kings
-Lvl 2: Horn of the East
-Lvl 4: Blade Master
-Lvl 6: Leadership (to easterlings)
-Lvl 8: Attach Spy
-Lvl 10: Convert Hero
Suladan* - Recruit the Serpent Warlord of Harad
-Lvl 1: Mount
-Lvl 3: Cripple Strike
-Lvl 5: Leadership (to haradrim)
-Lvl 8: Scorpion Brood
-Lvl 10: Summon Guard (mounted serpent guards with bow/sword toggle)
Pallando* - Recruit Alatar's companion in his Eastern travels
-Lvl 1: Bolt Lightning
-Lvl 3: Fireball
-Lvl 5: Dissent (Mouth of Sauron power)
-Lvl 8: Well of Souls (rotwk sorcerer power)
-Lvl 10: Corpse Rain (rotwk sorcerer power)
Alatar* - Recruit the first of the two Blue Istari chosen by Orome (also RING HERO)
-Lvl 1: Wizard Blast
-Lvl 3: Truesight (detect stealth)
-Lvl 5: Dragon Strike (drogoth dragon flame attack)
-Lvl 8: Fell Strength (rotwk sorcerer power)
-Lvl 10: Convert Enemy

except for pallando and alatar, the names are not tolkien, i admit. also, ubayy is a non-canonical hero, based on the corrupted man create-a-heroes and the games workshop hasharii. suladan is a games workshop character, and so are his serpent guard. the khand king is also based on games workshop's rendering of him. also, the mahud camel riders are a games workshop idea, and i put them in as a summon because nazgul likes them, and i wouldn't want them in the main faction lineup.

i tried to keep the abilities as realistic as possible, based on what i thought the characters would have. for example, rhun had many princes as stated by tolkien, so in order for the fictional lorgan to gain power, several powers such as attach spy and convert hero suit his character. also, in early drafts, pallando was a maia of mandos, the judger of death, so some of his powers are more death-oriented. the two istari's other powers such as dissent and convert enemy also suit their role as stirrer-uppers of rebellion against sauron.

i think we will see a similar situation with the rhun powers if we split the faction. i just think that because the rhun/harad faction isn't made yet, we can scrap the redundancies and keep it as one faction. the diversity of the units will be a uniqueness of this evil men faction.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 isledebananas

isledebananas
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:44 PM

I just gave my ideas since not having a good hero roster and unique abilities(something both Sulherokkh and Nazgul I have seen stating they really want) can make an empty or mirror faction. This thread is there for the fans of this mod to give their suggestions and ideas, if ever the mod-team runs into a wall about ideas they can check this thread for Rhun heroes and powers.

Nazgul, the leader of S.E.E. mod, gave kind of themes he wants for the factions, not to mention being pro-split recently. Rhun should have to do with cults and dragons. Within the Hobbit itself is stated that if Smaug were alive he would be spearheading an attack into the North-Eastern Free Peoples region backed by the forces of Rhun. Also within lore is a fact that Allatar and Pallando either began or furthered magical cults, and more so that Tolkien states he believed they failed in their original mission but not in the same manner Saruman did. I interpret this to be that something bad happened to them a long time ago or they got lost, both of which in my opinion strike them from the game since they should be a non-factor during WotR.

I could see how a person could think that the Flame and Shadow Priests' powers are a bit outlandish. However, these are the representation of magical cults so they should have magic. Also they kind of both encompass the evil magics attributed to Morgoth/Sauron and servants(Shadow and Flame). I tried to make them not too spectacular since they should be weaker than the Istari(some spells borrowed from what I have seen them do in movies), though the Flame Priests final move is kind of showy. I don't see how the abilities of the others are unreasonable most of them are reflection of abilities that normal people(from our world) from centuries past(I'm talking before guns were made) were capable of. Lorgan's abilities have nothing to do with having Dragon powers they are just named so because he is the Dragon King. Since Rhun should have a dragon theme they should be led by a guy who kind of believes or attempts to portray himself as having Dragon abilities.

#4 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:11 AM

Now, now people. No need to pull characters out of thin air. No need to reject the splitting of Harad and Rhûn either. The books/lore and the Games Workshop world are the secondary and tertiary sources for this mod. They give us deep insight into Rhûn, and I can assemble a heroes list without even trying.

Baisheuin, commander of Rhûn's armies
1 - toggle bow and scimitar
3 - cripple strike
4 - heal allies
7 - bounty (scavengers but for nearby allies)
10 - train Easterlings (cah power but only works on Easterlings)

Ulfang, leader of the Orocarni Easterlings (the ones unseen before III 3019)
1 - axe throw
4 - spear throw
5 - fear
8 - call stampede
10 - summon Orocarni natives

Vacheretan, the captain of Khand
1 - toggle bow and axe
3 - poison shot
5 - assassin
7 - train Variags (train allies but for Variags only)
9 - rally the Khandians (rallying call but for Variags only)

Aerin, the shied maiden of Rhûn
1 - mount or dismount kataphrakt horse
4 - axe throw
7 - royal charge
10 - summon shield bearers (summons shield bearing Easterling units)

Keiseimu, king of Khand and ravager of Ithilien
1 - mount or dismount variag horse
2 - toggle bow and axe
5 - throw axe
7 - Variag leadership
10 - Fall of Ithilien (throws a bomb that kills all stealth units)

Amdûr, lord of the Dragon Knights
1 - throw sword
4 - berserk
6 - leap (dwarven power)
8 - fortify superiors (increases allied hero armor by 60%
10 - summon dragon knights, the elite of the Rhûn faction

Lorgan, high king of Rhûn
1 - mount or dismount wainrider chariot
4 - fear
5 - royal charge
8 - Rhûnic pride (gives all easterlings 55% bonus to armor, speed, and damage
10 - Convert humans (converts enemy human units to Rhûn's side of the fight.)

See, that was using the secondary and tertiary source materials for the mod. And also respecting the Rhûnic use of the one ring to recruit Alatar the Blue (who would be called Roméstámo.

PS I could have just as easily included all seven book-only characters, but that would have taken the rest of my life to type

Edited by Emperor of the East, 18 July 2011 - 11:50 PM.

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users