Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:08 PM

It's a rare asset.dat bug. Reinstalling the mod would probably fix it.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#22 tomac

tomac
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:14 PM

The Erebor front of a castle wall including the stairs will stay when being destoryed although its health is zero. Other segmants of walls can be destroyed.

#23 MrBlack103

MrBlack103
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:35 PM

Ah, well that'd be the same bug I ran across then, only are you able to still interact with the walls (ie attack, walk on, around etc)? The units when it happened to me didn't even acknowledge the wall's presence (they walked through it).

I can confirm that legolas' arrows are pink/purple. Not so rare after all. Not sure if this is fixable, though.

Also, not sure if this is on purpose, but units no longer "flash" when you select or click on them. I find this very confusing, as it is not so obvious that I have ordered my units to attack or move.

#24 tomac

tomac
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:38 PM

I also don't see if a horse battalion, for example, is upgraded or not. also warchant is not visible on your units (no glowing).

#25 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:52 PM

No image for the faction as there is with all the others when you're setting up a skirmish.
Hardcoded game issue - new factions can't have images, sadly.

Castle Destruction Stuff
After a certain point, I get tired of mindless animation. They do that because they don't have collapse animations, which are notoriously painful to animate. Perhaps in a future version, perhaps not.

Looking into the random pink arrows problem.

I also don't see if a horse battalion, for example, is upgraded or not.

I have no idea what you mean by this...

I revealed a Dwarven AI's walls on their castle then went away so it was covered in fog. After a Rohan AI defeated them, I went back to the location and lo and behold, the castle did not exist, but it did not update what was revealed. In other words, the base was destroyed, but the walls still showed. To make things even more confusing, it was just the graphic of the walls, and none of the units seemed to know it was there. Here are these walls in the middle of nowhere which units can walk through!

Think I get what you mean, but I don't know why that would be happening, nor do I have even the slightest idea how to fix it. Can you tell me whether it was all the wall components, or pehaps just a few (like the gate area)

Edited by Nertea, 20 February 2010 - 10:52 PM.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#26 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:13 PM

I find Roac's selection box a bit annoying; it is far to wide.
I always use the "Q"-hotkey when attacking an enemy castle. This automatically includes Roac. If I then wish to target a building with Roac around, the cursor won't change, since I cannot attack my own unit. Does anybody else experience this?

I love the Vales of Celduin map, btw! ;)
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#27 MrBlack103

MrBlack103
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:37 AM

It was just the gate area that continued showing up. At the time I assumed it was because it was the only area of the castle which had so far been seen through the fog. However, I could be wrong.

EDIT: Also, when rebuilding the Gondor outpost citadel, there is no buidup animation or "building x%" message. The citadel just appears but it doesn't let you build on the plots agan. The outpost can also be destroyed without destroying the citadel.

Edited by MrBlack103, 21 February 2010 - 02:49 AM.

#28 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:37 PM

I don't know if you consider this a bug, but

-> you can't see how much LD units have, you can just see IF they have LD. Would be good if that's something you can fix, because you should know how much LD your enemy has. If you're Isengard, LD won't show up at all

And you can't see Upgrades on units

26285.png

#29 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:53 PM

The dwarven banner upgrade can be purchased from a rank 1 forge but the description says rank 2 required.

KotW%20Left%20Morgul%20Banner.jpg
KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#30 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts
  • Projects:TDH AI

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:43 PM

And you can't see Upgrades on units

Actually you can, you just have to zoom in a bit. :sleep:

Btw, I also had the problem with the pink arrows on Legolas and the Galadhrim.
And there is an issue with Elfhelm's Blinding Charge ability and the Light of Durin's Day spell of the Dwarves: when you activate them, the enemies nearby run on the spot. They are immobilized like it should be, but they run actually, which looks odd.

And two questions:
- Aragorn got his RotK outfit at level 9. Is this intended to be so?
- Does the Outrider ability of Elfhelm only affect himself?
Posted Image

#31 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:46 AM

Aragorn got his RotK outfit at level 9. Is this intended to be so?
Does the Outrider ability of Elfhelm only affect himself?

Yes.

you can't see how much LD units have, you can just see IF they have LD. Would be good if that's something you can fix, because you should know how much LD your enemy has. If you're Isengard, LD won't show up at all

This is kinda just plain wrong... I've never had a problem with this. Warchant's LD effect is currently broken, but that's it - last I checked TL and Saruman's LD worked fine. It's just red instead of the good factions' orange. It also does have levels, which are more subtle that vanilla's garish glow. Of course, there could be bugs with LD, but in this case I need specifics, and in the case of graphics effects I generally like screencaps.

I find Roac's selection box a bit annoying; it is far to wide.

I noticed this myself and have been trying to fix it for a few versions. I might spend some time on it again if it's really bothering people.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#32 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:12 AM

The ered Luin prospectors research complete audio plays for the wrong reseach, it plays when the gate house archer upgrade is finished researching.

#33 Dragonforce

Dragonforce
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:58 AM

I don't know if it's only because of a map but when I was playing Rohan at Fords of Bruinen I couldn't build any Entmoots. When I clicked entmoot icon the settlement turned automatically to a farm.

Iron hills warriors recruited from barracks don't have voices, it's not a bug but anyway...

Anyway, fantastic and beautiful mod!

Edited by Dragonforce, 22 February 2010 - 08:58 AM.

Posted Image Dragonforce
Posted Image

#34 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:14 PM

The entmoot problem has beenroprted in vanilla as well. The only fix I know of is a reinstall...

Edited by Yarrum, 22 February 2010 - 01:14 PM.

KotW%20Left%20Morgul%20Banner.jpg
KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#35 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:49 PM

- In the manual the Superior Training upgrade increases both health and attack. But ingame it will only boost health, if I'm not mistaken.
Error in the manual actually. It should only double their health

Concerning this one, there is a mistake with the description of that upgrade ingame. When you build a battalion, upgrade them and hover over the unit portrait, it will say: Superior Training: +70 Health, but it is +100 health actually.
Tested it myself, unupgraded Uruks have 100 health, upgraded ones 200. That makes +100, not +70.

other:
- like Dwarf units, Mordor Uruks don't gain additional health when they level up
- I don't know if this is map specific, but I'll post it anyway: I was playing against a Hard Erebor on the Lithlad map, and when I attacked them their 2 starting units were just sitting in the base, the AI didn't build anything and didn't even close the castle gate when I ran into the base.
- I tested the fire arrow problem with the orc archers again, and I can confirm that it is one. I can also show a screenshot of the bug

Btw, when will the confirmed list be updated again?
Posted Image

#36 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:11 PM

Lithlad doesn't have AI enabled yet.

At some point, all of the new maps will be updated to include working AI. Vanilla maps is a big maybe.
Posted Image

#37 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:00 AM

No no Baki, confirmed means that *I* have confirmed it. The list gets updated when I have time.

sig.png

#38 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

I know, just wanted to remember ;)
Posted Image

#39 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:09 PM

Updated the main topic a bit.

sig.png

#40 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:18 PM

The War Chant spell of Isengard has no leadership fx. You can't see if a unit got War Chant or not.
And there is something with the Dwarf Spearman, because of some reason it looks to the air from time to time, don't know why.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users