Changes to USA Laser General

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#81 FlyingDeath

FlyingDeath
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:10 AM

Today has been a great day for modding, I've got a LOT of work done on laser general...

Ion Tanks now benefit from the Ion Overcharge power, now Rank 3
Predator Tanks can be given a teleport ability with the Gravity Techtree and a Rank3 power
Base Shield, a new Rank 5 power, makes all buildings activate a personal shield, lasts 30 seconds, does not include defenses.

I have some icons to make, and text labels to fill in before there are screenshots, all this effort has been code only, but it's been a very productive day.

Pend? i just wanted to let you know, you are giving me A HELL OF A HEADACHE... course, now i dont know what too do... on the one Hand, you Stealth and Toxin gens Rocking the house, and i LOVE to play them, but now, youre making my 3rd Fav. Gen sooo UBER-Cool, i cant decide, if im GLA or USA now.....
DAMN, that are SO Rocking News too laser, just make shure he isnt TOO overpowered (but Awesome^^)

Greets: Flyingdeath

PS: How strong are the shields, i mean, can you BLOCK a Nuklear warhead with them? (Like, Enemy fires his Nuke, Aktivate the Schields... ZAP, No dmg??) that would be FRIGGIN Awesome (but someow... light OP)

#82 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

PS: How strong are the shields, i mean, can you BLOCK a Nuklear warhead with them? (Like, Enemy fires his Nuke, Aktivate the Schields... ZAP, No dmg??) that would be FRIGGIN Awesome (but someow... light OP)

The shields work like SupW General's shield in the current version. Shells and missiles that try to cross the shield wall will be destroyed, though they don't protect from blast damage if something detonates near the shield. most superweapons, even mini-supers, can penetrate the shield from above.

These are best for protecting yourself during a sneak attack, or if your front line is breached. Any units that get into your base won't be able to damage the buildings while it's active.

Chemical general is actually pretty strong vs the shields because the acid and toxins can detonate against the shield and the spill will get inside... but vs 95% of tanks, infantry, and aircraft the shield is rock solid.

EDIT: Sad news. The shield worked great in the first few test rounds, but this afternoon I found some bugs that are unacceptable side effects of the ability.. I will have to replace it with something else.

Edited by Pendaelose, 05 February 2011 - 08:15 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#83 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:00 PM

http://www.moddb.com...forward-shields

With the old Rank 5 power broken, I had to come up with a new one. One of my goals was for every tech tree to have at least one power, so the replacement had to be another shield power.

I've decided to tie it to an Upgrade unlock. The forward shields on the heavy tanks can now be upgraded twice after the initial purchase. They span from 40 degrees, to 80, to 160. The last level of shielding offers incredible protection from most attacks but requires the rank 5 point, and is very expensive.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users