82 replies to this topic

#41 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:05 PM

Bug said it pretty well, but there are some changes for the up coming versions.

Laser Tech will be available at T0 and will be a well rounded tech tree. Anti-Missile Defense, Anti-Air Defense, and mid-range Anti-Tank weapons. The red-to-green laser upgrade will also be given by taking the laser tech tree... it's more fair to call it "Advanced Lasers". It's extremely well rounded and less specialized than the other tech trees. suitable to players who want a flexible force. Weak vs Infantry.

Particle Tech is focused on Long Range Armor Piercing weapons. It will also give the Particle cannon super weapon. Strong vs heavy tanks, especially those you don't want up close. Weak vs Infantry and Aircraft.

Plasma will be a short range medium AOE weapon suited for destroying mobs of light units up close. basically, the opposite of Particle tech. It will also give the Plasma Reactor (Unlimited power production in next release). Strong vs hordes of infantry, light vehicles, low tech units etc. Weak vs Artillery

Ion is a T3 "super tech" focused on long range splash damage weapons. It also has bonus damage vs buildings. While it's role overlaps both Plasma and Particle it is restricted to the late game only and as a T3 power it can't be taken with other T3 powers... I'll explain below. Gives a super weapon. Strong vs all ground targets. Weak vs Aircraft.

Satellite tech will give both observation powers and techs, but also the Sky Eye Caller. Extreme range siege strong vs base defenses, but weak vs mobile targets. Gives a super weapon. The tech will be available at T0, but the benefits will stretch across several tech levels. You don't get Sky Eye's at T0. Strong vs Defenses and artillery units. Weak vs mobile units (especially fast ones)

Gravity Tech will give mobility upgrades to many units as well as the wormhole device super weapon. T3 only. Strong vs Turtle players.

Microwave Tech will be available at T0. Like Laser it's fairly well rounded, but has uses in opposite categories. It will be good vs Infantry and buildings at low tech. at higher techs it's even better vs infantry and capable of engaging tanks with a slim chance of killing drivers. Very strong vs Infantry. Weak vs Tanks and aircraft.

Shield tech will give shield generators, and shield upgrades for super heavy tanks. T3 only. Strong defense.

Right now I'm leaning toward making at least 1 tech purchase per tech level required. You would be able to chose from any tech already available, so you can still do a huge amount of mix-and-match, but it would require every laser general player to take at least 1 Tech1 tree and would limit a player from choosing more than 1 Tech 3 tree. This is for balance reasons.

If you feel like making an extremely well rounded force with no real specialization, but also no weaknesses you could take all 3 T0 Tech trees.

Tech 3 Trees (Ion, Gravity, Shield) have no real weaknesses and each have a massive strength of their own, so it would be overkill to let a player horde up his upgrades and take all 3.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#42 phenom1989

phenom1989
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

nice man would it have all Gen's?? or only laser?
CPU: Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3,6GHz
Memory: 2 GB 607 Mhz
Graphics: Asus Radeon 5770 1 GB 4.8 Ghz memory clock
Mainboard: Gigabyte 880G
Monitor: HF237 23" Full HD
PSU: Hyperion 700w

#43 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:41 AM

I don't understand the question... can you rephrase it?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#44 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:39 AM

I don't understand the question... can you rephrase it?

IMHO, it is not hard to understand the meaning:
"It is nice, man. Will it belong to all Generals? Or laser one only?"

Edited by Creator, 04 August 2010 - 08:41 AM.

#45 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

We'll take a wild guess and say... Laser?
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#46 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:15 AM

OK... This has been a dead topic for a long time... but work is alive again.

Tonight I got the tech tree system in place and working correctly with the tech levels. I'm going to add some exceptions and tech "short cuts" such as a Rank1 power that lets you research your tech trees BEFORE you escalate instead of AFTER you escalate, but you will still be limited to 3 techs.

The first test rounds went well with this and I'm looking forward to having laser done soon.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 1v0

1v0
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:22 PM

Great news .

I voted for the mod too . This is unique mod . ;)

Edited by 1v0, 25 November 2010 - 09:24 PM.

#48 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:08 PM

An update on the progress made on Laser so far...

His "Tech Commitment" tree is fully coded now.

Rank1:
Prototype Fielding - Allows early access to technology

Rank3:
Field Test Funding - 5% cash bounty for "success field tests"
Research Grants - call in 4000$ resources drops every 4 minutes
Commercial Application - Allows Command centers, tech centers, and super weapons to generate income after an upgrade (on each)

Rank5:
Dedication to Science - Allows the research of a 4th tech tree after Global Escalation.

Enhanced Satellite General's tree is also complete. The tree is only available if you have taken Satellite Uplink and Relay technology as a tech tree choice. The tech tree also grants access to the basic spy satellite by default.

Rank1:
Enhanced Optics - Greatly enhances the duration, viewing area, and adds stealth detection to the Spy Satellite.

Rank3:
Weaponized Satellites I - Allows the Spy Satellite to make 2 attacks of Opportunity.
Weaponized Satellites II - Allows the Spy Satellite to make 3 attacks of Opportunity. Greatly enhances the Duration and view area
Weaponized Satellites III - Allows the Spy Satellite to make 6 attacks of Opportunity. Madly enhances the Duration and view area.

The new techtree system is also fully in place and Laser General can progress from Tech0 to Tech3 using all of the correct buildings. (new models pending)

You can choose 1 tech per escalation level starting when you build the Physics Lab (replaces Strat center). If you take Prototype Fielding you can get your Physics Lab before the Tier1 upgrade and choose your first tech right away. Helpful for fielding Microwave weapons early vs infantry rushes.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:17 PM

Good job Pend, any chance of some screens?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#50 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:21 PM

Good job Pend, any chance of some screens?

I uploaded one new on on ModDB. 95% of the list up there is all code with nothing exciting to look at. It was a lot of work, but no new shiny models.

http://www.moddb.com...lt-tank-rockets
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:12 PM

Laser General's power plants are now animated when the Stage2 control rods are purchased. The yellow rods retract back down, and then rise back up with the blue ones.

I've also finished modeling the first draft of Laser general's new light and medium chassis. Given he was using a CnC3 GDI mammoth for his heavy I chose to stick with the theme. His light chassis uses a pit-bull and the medium a predator. Both Chassis receive the Grav-Sleds upgrade from the Gravity tech tree.

The heavy tanks each have 2 main weapons and receive upgrades from multiple tech trees. the medium tanks are each tied to a single tech tree. The light vehicles are always available but receive select upgrades from certain techs.

The only main unit not converting to a tech tree is the Satellite Spotter "Sky Eyes". With it's absurd range it didn't feel right giving it more a more mobile chassis.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:17 PM

Saw the screens on ModDB, looking good. Although the Grav-sleds on the light chassis looks silly in my opinion :p.

Edited by Soul, 23 December 2010 - 08:17 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#53 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:07 AM

Saw the screens on ModDB, looking good. Although the Grav-sleds on the light chassis looks silly in my opinion :p.

yeah, but everything gets the upgrade. There weren't too many options on how to make them without redesigning the whole chassis.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#54 Guest_Aralk_*

Guest_Aralk_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:26 PM

Today I found out that the strategy center of laser gen. doesn't have hold the line / search and destroy / bombardment strategy... Is that on purpose?

#55 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:29 PM

Yes, because in the next release his strategy centre will be replaced with the physics lab which is where you can mix and match 7 techs;

Advanced lasers (pulse lasers),
Microwave technology,
particle,
plasma,
gravity,
ion
satellite

You can choose any 3 of them. 1 at each tech level. Some are restricted to higher tech levels because of the sheer awesomeness of it.

A rank 5 power allows you to pick 1 more tech for 500% more ownage.

The fact the he doesn't have the USA passive bonuses anymore is due to making each general unique. Because it is a "classic" USA feature, it was removed from the USA generals that were moving away from "Classic" USA combat. As far as I can remember, only Superweapon general and Robot General have them... I'll have to double check.
Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#56 Guest_Aralk_*

Guest_Aralk_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:47 PM

Ah right I see... I usually don't use air force or robot gen so I didn't know they don't have it either. Thanks for the reply

#57 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:55 AM

Someone might have to correct me on that one, my memory fails me!

Actually, saying that I know for a fact that airforce general doesnt have a stratagy centre and therefore doesn't have the passive bonuses. Instead he has an air tower control centre, with a hell of a lot of upgrades for all planes. robot general and superweapon general have the passive bonuses, I'm sure, I know 100% that superweapon general has it because her style of combat has been kept closer to traditional USA, and her powers reflect this.
Posted Image

#58 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:07 PM

Micro tree for Robot has the Strategy center. Macro tree uses the Mech bay as a tech center.

These are the only two strategy centers left.

It's also worth note that the classic CIA intel power was removed and replaced with a periodic scan of random enemy unit types.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

Progress update...

I've got all 3 pittbull chassis units in game and at 100% complete, as well as 3 of the predator chassis units.

Pitbull style...
Laser Anti-Tank unit. Upgrades with a pulse laser.
Machine gun Anti-Infantry unit.
Light Missile Artillery/AA unit.

Predator style...
Classic Predator. Upgrades with HE missiles mid-game.

These are available from the War factory from the beginning of the game.

After you have chosen techs you can get the other predator chassis tanks

Particle Long Range Anti-Tank.
Plasma Short Range Assault Tank.

Screenshots and "proper" unit names will follow in another post later. I'm trying to get the other 3 predator chassis ready at the same time.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#60 MasterZH

MasterZH
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:17 AM

Cant wait to see it ingame... :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users