lost most of the sounds

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kafuka

kafuka
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:59 PM

Been modding for a few weeks now. Ive always had the sound turned off when trying out the things ive changed. So now today i was almost
finished with all that i wanted to do and sat down and began playing. I then noticed that majority of the sound was gone. Like when you click in the meny or select
a power theres a sound.. all battle sound is gone and when you select a hero in livingworldmap there should be a cheering sound if i remember correctly.
have no idea why its gone. I havent changed any sound. Is there any common solution to this or anyone have any idea why its gone?
Things ive done edited existing units/heroes -meaning adding some powers and stuff. Made all goodfactions buildable from one faction (gondor)
Have 7 player army leaders. 6 player army leaders for AI mordor They can also build harad and rhun. Added several summon only heroes as playable heroes.
and fixed elven faction as a playable wotr faction (editing RJs mod for myself) fixed all missing info in livingworld map (armysummarydescription.and more).
oh and one thing that comes to mind is after ive made more than four heroplayerarmies the game crashes when quiting the game. but dont know if the sound went out around the same period of modding or earlier.... any suggestions would be appriciated.

#2 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Projects: BFME2 MOD - Power Of The Ring
  •   INI Coder

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:41 AM

Ouch ...! :)
I feel your pain ...
Is it via the -MOD command or another method

Best to always use the -mod way ...

Check the original game unmodified for sound
Make sure your computer system / Sound card / Speakers is not the problem

Make sure all the original codes that you did not mod is present in the ini folder of the MOD
like the voice.ini and sound.ini

If all else fails try to reinstall the game ... play only the original to check the sound

and the remake the mod with the speakers on .. :crazed:

Remaking the mod will only be adding / replacing files one at a time

i.e make a -mod MOD with NO modifications (original ini )
and play it to see if sound exists

Good luck !

#3 kafuka

kafuka
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:28 PM

Hi
Ty for replying :)
Did a reinstall of both bfme2 and rotwk and the it works perfectly again. No idea why though.. could be that i tried other
mods to check out what theyve done and something happened then.

Must check out a tutorial on the mod command havent tried that yet.. ty for the tip. Just writing,editing plain inis in text editor up til now.

edit
oh you mean shortcut -> -mod and mod directory.. yea doing that.. :crazed:

Edited by kafuka, 16 May 2010 - 08:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users