#21 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:00 PM

Very cool :) I love seeing the BFME1 stuff with better graphics.

Out of interest, how do the maps work? Are the BFME bases done with coding alone, so you can play either style on every map? Though if it's purely coding, won't that mean no BFME1 settlements, outposts, and no capturable bases once you've defeated enemies?

Or will you have to re-edit every map to include the BFME1 castles/camps/outposts/settlements? In which case, will you be able to use BFME1 maps?

Posted Image Posted Image

#22 Goldtouch

Goldtouch

title available

• Hosted
  • 449 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

What do I want = buildplots

Those predetermined plots opens the door to renovated BFME1
( to illustrate it better lets say a 'Source' version like valve did with Counter Strike, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress ).

Edited by THORONGlL, 10 June 2010 - 06:54 PM.

#23 CTLN7

CTLN7

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,210 posts
  • Projects:Rogue Republic

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:06 PM

ok then track our progress and wait till we release a public beta ..like all people do

Edited by CTLN7, 10 June 2010 - 07:32 PM.

#24 Goldtouch

Goldtouch

title available

• Hosted
  • 449 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:12 PM

How's the progress on this feature... Are there any bugs if so what are the problems that occure?

An interesting question we like to ask is this: will we have to re-edit every map to include the BFME1 castles/camps/outposts/settlements?

Edited by THORONGlL, 10 June 2010 - 09:13 PM.

#25 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:24 PM

All existing maps we will change to have the BFME 1 features...
The BFME 1 feature is done through some Map scripting, some coding, and map editing :)
BFME 1 mode is BFME 1 mode :p So you can capture enemy places and such, and there will be farm plots and outpost/expansion plot things ;)

Edited by Ridder Geel, 10 June 2010 - 09:27 PM.

Ridder Geel

#26 lotrfan

lotrfan

title available

• Project Team
  • 318 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:12 PM

Hi guys.

I already made a mod that is a full bfme1 conversion.
You can simply 'drag and drop' bfme 1 maps into your rotwk folder and player.

Furthermore, all bfme1 maps are included the mod.
But instead of just having the 4 bfme1 factions, you have 10 to choose from!

Rider Geel helped me in making this. His name is in the credits.

I posted the mod about a week and a half ago and someone mentioned it in this post.
Check it out!

http://www.the3rdage...tem-515?addview

The difference between my mod and rider geel's is that rider geel wants to have both bfme1 and bfme2 playstyle. The issue of having this is that you cannot simply 'drag and drop' bfme1 maps into bfme2. You have to go in and script each map individually.
Posted Image

#27 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:04 PM

Yep, though my 'style' will make a wider range of players happy :xcahik_: Yours is easy to implement with old BFME 1 maps, mine is not, but that wont matter, i will go map hunting later!
Ridder Geel

#28 lotrfan

lotrfan

title available

• Project Team
  • 318 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:10 AM

Mine works with the bfme1 maps, but I mentioned I want the bfme2 quality maps. BFME1 maps work, but I dont like the quality compared to bfme2 :xcahik_: .

By the way, I re-looked at the post and saw the bfme 1 mode checkbox. That seems like a cool idea having that option like that. But how are you implementing it? Do you have 2 maps; one loads when the box is checked, the other is not, or do you have some sort of object/waypoint on the map that will unpack either a fortress or a castle/camp/outpost depending on whether the box is checked (probably the later I think). But then this would require going in and individually scripting each map right?

Secondly, for the bases, you can use the ones I have in my mod if you want. If you want to make your own, I have some tricks I discovered to make the process go a lot faster. In my mod I have 10 factions and 4 base directions for each file (thats 40 bse files to edit just for the camps alone!!!). Here is how i did it fast.

1. Open the bse file whose buildplots you want to replace. For example, I used rohan's base as a template for the elves.
2. Select one of the six build plot objects.
3. Click ctrl M or go to edit and click 'Select multiple objects' or something like that.
4. Go to edit and click 'Replace selected objects'.
5. Choose the object you want to replace the buildplot with (in my case elven buildplot). NOTE: you must first have the buildplot object in your mod and in the world builder. I assume you know how to set this up. If you want good looking buildplot foundations, you can use the ones in the mod I made if you want.
6. File\Save As\ elvencampne or something. Note: Save it in lower case letters because upper case creates extra steps you have to do to get it to work. Also make sure you add this file to the campflagne object in civilian buildings.ini. Do the same for the rest of the bases.

It will still take you some time, but this is a lot faster than manually going in and replacing everything. And after you do a few, it starts going really fast. I did 40 bse files + the 10 outposts in about 2 hours.

Good luck!
Posted Image

#29 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:20 AM

Nah, thanks for the offer for the bases, but i already have them all working :xcahik_: Well yes it works like this: if you have BFME 1 checked then it will kill the BFME 2 forts that "exist" on the map. If you dont check it then it does not kill the "BFME 2" forts but it "kills" the BFME 1 forts.
Ridder Geel

#30 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:14 AM

Didn't RJ make BFME2/ROTWK BFME1 again....?? :crazed:

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#31 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:25 AM

Maybe they did, I'm not sure, but we have made it in a way that others have not. We dont have "BFME 1 maps", we allow you to choose if you want BFME 1 mode enabled or not :crazed:
This way the mod does not increase in size for new maps or anything, but you can still play maps on BFME 1 mode.

Edited by Ridder Geel, 19 June 2010 - 11:25 AM.

Ridder Geel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users