Photo

Contra 007 Tournament

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

Poll: Contra 007 Tournament

Can you attend to Contra tournament?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

Capslockers are attention whores.

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Projects:Losing the game
  •  Why cant this be red :(

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

Yeah sounds good enough
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#62 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:16 AM

I think the player list should be limited to current 20 people (or it would be too large to manage properly and too long to be a proper tournament). The 3rd round map is being decided at the moment. Dcesarec suggests Dust Devil but I'm thinking about Tournament Desert or Winter Wolf.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#63 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:37 AM

20 players is enough,or else we wont finish it this year.I might grow old and die ;)
Posted Image

#64 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:27 AM

I have added Winter Wolf to be Semi-final map (after discussing with dcesarec on PM).
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#65 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:04 AM

20 players is enough,or else we wont finish it this year.I might grow old and die ;)

Why? 20 players is not a big team. We can make a tournament of 2 steps. First step: 5 groups of 5 players each fight to determine the best one in each group. And then, 5 best players proceed to the second stage and fight with each other. We need 5x5=25 players in this case.

We can grop them like this:

1. Alukard
2. PlayerKSE
3. Casojin
4. ??? Violence ???
5. ??? Pend ???

1. John1992on
2. Roronoa
3. Creator
4. Dcesarec
5. ??????

1. Sayapo
2. St.anger
3. Dr.Lord
4. Lil Tasman
5. Su8perkillr

1. Feanor
2. Maks
3. Apocalypse
4. Lukas45
5. Pawel

1. GolDen
2. Galil
3. Cappy
4. Zorro
5. Duivel 90

Edited by Creator, 21 October 2010 - 09:12 AM.

#66 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:24 AM

But we have 20 players. Maybe 2 groups with 10 players in each, and everyone plays with each other in group, then 4 best players from each group goes in knock out phase. System 5x5, and if only one best goes in knock out phase so this means 20 players will only play 4 games in whole tournament. We want to give all players chance to score points and to play with more players, i think it will be more interesting.
Posted Image

#67 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:44 AM

Hmmm....we have 22 players now. The first round would even take more time. As player number increases, we need to adjust our system. Separating groups into even number is easier to arrange the next round. Sometimes, good players are set to face one another. If only the best is chosen, then some good players might slip off the tourny.

- Fix the number to certain amount of player (I think no more than 24 is fine as it's harder to manage and review with more players).
- Define even number of groups.
- Start the tournament (or it will continue to be simply a discussion if we don't start).
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#68 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:51 AM

Tournament should start on Saturday. With 22 players or more, playing one with each other will last for month. So, there should be groups but not small groups with only one best player for next round. I think there should be 2-3 groups with few best players that goes in next round which again would be a random group or facing everyone with each other (and winner is player with most games).
Posted Image

#69 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

Saturday = tomorrow ? If so, then what time is the deadline for tournament application? Midnight of today at UTC?

Edited by Casojin, 21 October 2010 - 10:02 AM.

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#70 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:03 AM

Saturday = tomorrow ? If so, then what time is the deadline for tournament application?

Today is Thursday, so we have 2 more days right? And we should accept new players today and lock the tournament.
Posted Image

#71 Dr. Lord

Dr. Lord

Just Evil

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Projects:Learning...
  •  Evils are not born. Evils are made.

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:04 AM

I know that's more difficult to make the system of the tournamnet mechanism, when you add 2-3 new players each time. Why don't use you guys a dynamic mechanism: when a new player signs in, and there is no more place in a sector, just add the player automatically in a new sector. If there is no new player, the new one can choose a sector in which he would get in...I think it will fix the registration limit problem.

#72 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:27 AM

Hmmm....we have 22 players now. The first round would even take more time. As player number increases, we need to adjust our system. Separating groups into even number is easier to arrange the next round. Sometimes, good players are set to face one another. If only the best is chosen, then some good players might slip off the tourny.

- Fix the number to certain amount of player (I think no more than 24 is fine as it's harder to manage and review with more players).
- Define even number of groups.
- Start the tournament (or it will continue to be simply a discussion if we don't start).

23 players ;) Two more to go.

Tournament should start on Saturday. With 22 players or more, playing one with each other will last for month.

Players can play games at the same time. If you have 100 players then 50 games can be carried out each day.

PS:
I suggest to get contacts from each player. After tournament is completed, they will be able to connect each other and play again.

PPS:
Dr.Lord, Lukas45, Pawel and Duivel90. Your time zones, please.

Edited by Creator, 21 October 2010 - 10:35 AM.

#73 Dr. Lord

Dr. Lord

Just Evil

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Projects:Learning...
  •  Evils are not born. Evils are made.

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:35 AM

Serbia, CET=GMT+1

#74 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008, Fallout Wars
  •  Contra 008 Wallpapers, Advertising and Maps. Fallout Wars AI Coding, Advertising, and Maps.

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:58 AM

If you need to contact me urgently you can send me an email at liltasman@gmail.com
This E-mail is linked with my phone, so i will get it faster than if it were on my computer.
Amat Victoria Curam
Victory Loves Preparation

Posted Image

#75 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

Capslockers are attention whores.

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Projects:Losing the game
  •  Why cant this be red :(

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:48 PM

I told Casojin that Duivel cant play because his hamachi doesnt work at college, if he manages to fix it, his tz is CET
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#76 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:53 PM

Hmm right, today is Thursday....I must be really confused back at office. I just realized that when I'm home.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#77 FAFNIROS

FAFNIROS

• Project Team
  • 378 posts
  • Projects:Contra: arabic replics recorder, wallpaper maker and Contra publisher
  •  1st Tunisian Knew & Published Contra Mod In Tunisia

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:08 PM

wait 4 me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was AFC (away from computer) this week :dry:

im going in
I play only SATURDAY cos i have exams :sad: :sad:

gmt+1
random
net : hamachi, facebook
plz let me join plz plz ;) :good: :) ;)

Edited by FAFNIROS, 21 October 2010 - 02:11 PM.

10422.png ContraIco.png  :cool2:

1001181_521150174620846_188153655_n.jpg

#78 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:40 AM

With current player list, we would begin the tournament on Saturday 23 October 2010 at Midnight UTC (Beginning of Saturday). First round would be All vs All (everyone would be playing 1v1 with one another) and the first round would last until 24 November 2010 at Midnight UTC (End of Wednesday).
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#79 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:15 AM

Creator, please tell players from redsys forum to join our 2 hamachi networks (join second if first is full). It will be easiest way to find players there, and then we can start tournament. Other players form here, join too.
Posted Image

#80 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008, Fallout Wars
  •  Contra 008 Wallpapers, Advertising and Maps. Fallout Wars AI Coding, Advertising, and Maps.

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:55 AM

Creator, please tell players from redsys forum to join our 2 hamachi networks (join second if first is full). It will be easiest way to find players there, and then we can start tournament. Other players form here, join too.

Yes, i would like to also start playing with some Russian players.

It also does not help that garena is no longer working, that would have been the easiest way ;)
Amat Victoria Curam
Victory Loves Preparation

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users