Best superweapon

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:17 PM

Is there a list of defenses for the sw general? Is the engineer still there(cant play yet- waking for son to come and play with me)

#22 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

Is there a list of defenses for the sw general? Is the engineer still there(cant play yet- waking for son to come and play with me)

cool, how old is your son? I have a 9 year old boy and a 5 year old girl myself.

Off the top of my head I think the defenses are...

--T0--
Pop-Up patriot
Pop-Up 30mm
Hellfire site
AA site
--T2--
Long Arm Base
Heavy AA Base
--T3--
Shield Generator
Long Arm Support Base (upgrade from Long Arm)
SDI Cannon

Most buildings can be upgraded with a defense turret.

I'm not sure if the engineer is in the last public release, I know he's gone in the next release. If he's still there, he can lay mines, booby traps, and sentry turrets.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#23 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

13. I've got another one who's 16 but he's away. Why is the engineer leaving? He looks really cool! I'm getting confused. When you answer, are you talking about current version or next one?

Edited by Tomeistery, 19 July 2011 - 05:42 PM.

#24 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

13. I've got another one who's 16 but he's away. Why is the engineer leaving? He looks really cool!

The engineer was fine as a unit, but for many people he was more of a frustration than a useful unit. There are a lot of quirks in the engine that can't be worked around... for example, for a unit to build anything it has to have a "dozer" flag set. When you click on the "idle dozer" button it will include engineers. when you need to build a power plant in a hurry it can be infuriating to have to click through 5 or 6 engineers that can't help you.

SupW general is plenty strong enough without him though. The mines were a nice addition, but required too much micro management. If I ever feel SupW is lagging behind the other generals I may add an option for base defenses to build mine fields, or add a unit that can fire them.

With the exception of laser general the changes from the released version and the current version are minor. There are a some changes to units, but the overall play style of the generals isn't changing at all.

Edited by Pendaelose, 19 July 2011 - 05:45 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#25 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:48 PM

Ok. Good idea. Any positive thing happening to her?
And sorry to bother you, but before my son downloads it he wants a list of units for certain generals- where can he find that? And, does the sdi have to be below the targeted area, or could it be in the way of the route?
P.s that game was awesome! No one could enter my base! I put shield generators around the edges so hardly any planes got through. What do you think of that?;-)

Edited by Tomeistery, 19 July 2011 - 09:20 PM.

#26 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:14 PM

Ok. Good idea. Any positive thing happening to her?
And sorry to bother you, but before my son downloads it he wants a list of units for certain generals- where can he find that? And, does the sdi have to be below the targeted area, or could it be in the way of the route?
P.s that game was awesome! No one could enter my base! I put shield generators around the edges so hardly any planes got through. What do you think of that?;-)

The closest thing to a "unit list" is the old screen shots topics. 3 or 4 generals also have videos on ModDB, but I don't keep lists like that. It's already as much as I can do to put all the content in game, making a bunch of lists to keep up with is just more work.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Guest_Tomeistery_*

Guest_Tomeistery_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:12 PM

Hi, this is Tomeistery on a different computer. /how do I upgrade auroras to emp? Also, how to I get hydrogen bomb(where from)

#28 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

The EMP upgrades are found in the "Blackout EMP" superweapon. The emp is less overpowering than the version in original ZH. In some cases it may take multiple shots to disable a vehicle, especially from small missiles like patriots.

The Hydrogen bomb upgrade can be bought at the ICBM silo. It requires the particle cannon and a General's rank 5.

On a side note, SupW general is the "least changed" general of all the USA factions. I made an effort to keep the style more familiar, sort of a training wheels general. If you want to try something really new give Robot general or Infantry general a run.

Edited by Pendaelose, 20 July 2011 - 03:31 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Guest_Tomeistery_*

Guest_Tomeistery_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

There are two upgrades at blackout. /is this right? Do i just have to be rank 5 to get hydrogen bomb, because there is no general power for it.

#30 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

There are two upgrades at blackout. /is this right? Do i just have to be rank 5 to get hydrogen bomb, because there is no general power for it.

2 upgrades sounds right. Emitters (kills infantry) and EMP warheads... or something like that. The EMP upgrade effects most SupW missiles and bombs. there area few missing, but I've added them for the next version.

You just need rank5 for the h-bomb. It's not tied to a power. once you have rank5 and your particle cannon you can buy the upgrade at the ICBM. The button for the upgrade should describe what you need on it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:21 PM

Ok thanks. When I click on an aurora, on the side where it shows upgrades, it has one upgrade missing(not coloured) What are the upgrades you can give to it? And are there any good things happening to the supw general in next release to make up for loosing the engineer? And finally, Does online work?

Edited by Tomeistery, 20 July 2011 - 09:41 PM.

#32 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:30 PM

Loosing the "proper" pictures has sth to do with an upgrade limit that had to be by passed, so no big deal, the pictures will ultimatly go away anyways
There is I guess decoys, emp and emitter upgrades for the aurora although I'm not sure.
The loss of the engineer is really really minor, she honestly doesn't need any buffs for that loss
The online function of ZH is a pice of junk, that is why one should use Hamachi (there is a topic about that) to play with others, or just play over lan

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:36 AM

Does the sdi have to be below the targeted area or en route to stop a nuke? And where is the ai tech lab for robot?!

Edited by Tomeistery, 21 July 2011 - 08:13 AM.

#34 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:09 PM

If the nuke passes within range of the SDI cannon, it will do its best to shoot it down. If it skims the outskirts of the SDI cannon range, then don't expect it to shoot down a nuke. Tomahawks maybe. If the nuke passes directly overhead the SDI cannon then it should shoot it down.

Tom, your enthusiasm is great. But sometimes you're just asking questions for the sake of asking questions. Without looking yourself, or doing your own "research". The AI tech lab for robot is on the advanced dozer. Just like every other general. Most advanced tech labs are from the advanced dozer, built from the command centre.

Remix has been created to be very user friendly, with a good interface when playing, and there is nothing hidden away, with everything explained. Every unit or structure has a description, and it will tell you what you need in order to unlock that unit or structure if you can't have access to it at that time, i.e. Generals promotion, Global Escalation, etc.

If after your own trial and error and extensive playing you really can't find something, or have an issue with something then please post it, because we are eager to know. But try and tone down the questions which you can answer yourself by playing the game :)
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#35 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:03 PM

Ok. Thanks ollie. Re you sure sdi works. Because I put it on ballistic and it practically warned as it was hit by a nuke?

Edited by Tomeistery, 21 July 2011 - 01:25 PM.

#36 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

Ok. Thanks ollie. Re you sure sdi works. Because I put it on ballistic and it practically warned as it was hit by a nuke?

That's a little odd, the last time I tested it worked fine, but there are things that can stop it from working, if there is a battle in range it may get distracted by tomahawks and other missiles. I need to know a little more to see if there's something I need to fix.

What general were you playing against?

Was it in ballistic overwatch before the nuke was launched, or did you change it at the last second?

Was it busy shooting other missiles, like tomahawks or shells?

Did it try shooting the nuke at all?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:31 PM

No, basically I tried once against nuke general who fired a nuke at me and put ballistic up at last second. Didn't work. Then he fired an MIRV and I was prepared, but the sdi didn't shoot at all. There were no battles around. I will retest tomorrow.

#38 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:36 PM

No, basically I tried once against nuke general who fired a nuke at me and put ballistic up at last second. Didn't work. Then he fired an MIRV and I was prepared, but the sdi didn't shoot at all. There were no battles around. I will retest tomorrow.

did the MIRV hit the SDI, or pass near it? I've never tested a MIRV vs SDI.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:02 AM

My son fired it twice, one at it, and one slightly behind it. Also, on some maps it's range is incredible, but on mountain guns it doesn't go very far. And, AF generals planes flew over my shield generators!?
P.s you are releasing 0.9 now.;)

Edited by Tomeistery, 22 July 2011 - 10:03 AM.

#40 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:37 PM

My son fired it twice, one at it, and one slightly behind it. Also, on some maps it's range is incredible, but on mountain guns it doesn't go very far. And, AF generals planes flew over my shield generators!?
P.s you are releasing 0.9 now.;)

I'll double check the MIRV vs SDI.

Maps don't change weapon range, it may have been terrain putting units above/below the min/max turret elevation, or a line of sight issue.

The shield generator should only down planes if they impact the shield. In some cases they may be able to fly over it if they have enough altitude. A perfect example would be if they flew above a mountain, they would gain altitude. When they come across the other side of the mountain they would be higher up than normal and would stay higher than usual for a few seconds. The shield gen's main job is to protect from artillery shells and missiles. It's also effective vs many tanks, but defenses on the edge of the shield will sometimes take damage. Planes that try and fly into the shield will have mixed luck, some can survive the shock long enough to fire missiles from inside the shield.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users