• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 jONES1979

jONES1979

eL-jONESON

• Members
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:33 AM

-Smoke Launchers upgrade: It states that it applies to Rhinos (and the Rhino UCS states the same), but it is also applies to MOST vehicles! Note that other vehicles' UCS do no state that they can be upgraded with Smoke Launchers You should rectify this.

As for me, "Rhinos" mean all vehicles based on Rhino's chassis.

-The Dreadnought has the shield icon inside the model!! (You must be very observative to spot it.)

Fixed!

-Both grenade wargear upgrades have tiny inconsistencies as to what units get them. (I will be more specific if you want me to, but I think this is something that requires your opinion on what should be mentioned)

Hmm?...

-The button that gives the castellan the terminator armor has poor UCS. Is this changeable?

YES!!!

-Terminator squads (both types) third entry states "..from this structure." But when they are on the battlefield, this is wrong info as they are no longer in any building... Can this be changed to "... form the stronghold barracks building" ?

Updated

-Full Scale Crusade Attack (HQ addon 2) does not upgrade the HPs of the Crusade Landing Site. Is this normal? (the first add-on, does)

Yes. A small disadvantage of race.

-Smoke launchers state that they throw smoke at the targeted location, but this is ot the case (smoke appears around the vehicle, instantly).

Yes, yet not decided how to code/animate them properly. Need to study others mods

-Machine Spirit ability of the vindicators should UCS-state that smoke launchers are unavailable as long as the machine spirit is in effect... (if you click machine spirit, smoke launchers are unavailable.) On the other hand, you CAN chose smoke launchers first, and THEN machine spirit.... What gives?

As I planned, Machine Spirit ability of the Vindicator allow override an effects of enemy stun-vehicles abilities like kind-of "curse of machine spirit", which disable vehicles firing... Probably yes, it should be revised in future.

Edited by jONES1979, 05 January 2012 - 02:26 AM.

#22 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

Excellent Jones! Things are going very well with the BT MOD.
Man, the quality of BT, far exceeds most of our expectations!

Smoke Launchers
So far, I've seen two methods implemented in the MODs I played:
1] Automated ability: Smokes are thrown in the proximity (around) of the vehicle.
2] Targeted ability: You point the location where the smoke-cans will be thrown.

I kinda like A LOT, option 2...

Edited by Gambit, 05 January 2012 - 05:15 PM.

-In search of Papasmurf...

#23 jONES1979

jONES1979

eL-jONESON

• Members
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:16 PM

Smoke Launchers
So far, I've seen two methods implemented in the MODs I played:
1] Automated ability: Smokes are thrown in the proximity of the vehicle.
2] Targeted ability: You point the location where the smoke-cans will be thrown.

I kinda like A LOT, option 2...

Yes, but beyond just "selection" I need to study mode's possibilities, are they have required animations, etc. As you can see currently, smoke grenades flies from "unknown" place to another "unknown" place...

Edited by jONES1979, 05 January 2012 - 05:16 PM.

#24 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

Of course...
"Visuals", are VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

#25 jONES1979

jONES1979

eL-jONESON

• Members
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

-Both grenade wargear upgrades have tiny inconsistencies as to what units get them. (I will be more specific if you want me to, but I think this is something that requires your opinion on what should be mentioned)

Hmm?...

-The button that gives the castellan the terminator armor has poor UCS. Is this changeable?

YES!!!

@Gambit It looks like you wanted to suggest something related to that UCS?

#26 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:38 PM

HEHEHE!!! I am a UCS LOVER!!!! Of course I have to suggest something:

Castellan's Terminator Armour:
Currently the button has ONLY the following UCS reference: "Terminator [Elite]".
I suggest:

Terminator [Elite]
- The Black Templars Chapter, honors the Castellan with a Tactical Dreadnought Armor wargear.
- If chosen, the Castellan is briefly teleported to the Armory to equip, then returns to the battlefield in full Terminator Armor.

Note: I made this in a hurry... It is NOT the best it could be.

Grenades
I do no suggest any UCS change. Only to fix the references as to what squads equip which type of grenades.

One More thing: The ability of the castellan to wear a Termie armour is available after multiple researches, Terminator Honours is not the only one needed (the UCS states so). But the player is unaware about WHICH researches are needed. Please, see to it...

Note/Question: Are you using American or British English? I mean the "formal" type is honour, armour and armoury, NOT honor, armor and armory...
On the other hand, I noticed that Terminator Honours are spelled correctly.
Please, use the Formal type...

Edited by Gambit, 10 January 2012 - 10:39 PM.

#27 jONES1979

jONES1979

eL-jONESON

• Members
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:47 AM

Note: I made this in a hurry... It is NOT the best it could be.

No need to hurry, I have some time before next beta release :)

Are you using American or British English?

I use original and FOK/POK UCS as a reference. Also I use English Codexes.

I prefer a classic British English, but I don't sure what I had used exactly

Edited by jONES1979, 11 January 2012 - 05:02 AM.

#28 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

I prefer a classic British English....

British English is the common choice.
If you want to totally make the UCS, British-English-compatible, you can put it in a text editor (like openoffice), chose British as language, and sweep it changing all necessary entries (but I guess you already know that!!!! :rolleyes: )

About the UCS of Terminator Armour button (I use British):
Terminator Honours [Elite]
- In recognition of his services, the Black Templars Chapter honours the Castellan with a Tactical Dreadnought Armour wargear.
- Terminator armour prohibits the use of the holy Orb of Antioch, but grants access to Orbital Bombardment and field teleportation abilities.
- If the Castellan accepts this honour, he is briefly teleported to the Armoury to equip, then returns to the battlefield in full Terminator Armour.
- Once made, this decision is permanent.

NOTE: Jones, as I said above: The ability of the castellan to wear a Termie armour is available after multiple researches, as Terminator Honours is not the only one needed (the UCS states so). But the player is unaware about WHICH researches are needed. Please, see to it...

Edited by Gambit, 11 January 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#29 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

OK, about the requirements, here is what I suggest (a complete approach):
>1] Use Terminator Honours research AND Commander Hero Upgrade as requirements (only).
>2] Include reference in BOTH Terminator Honours research UCS (it is already mentioned here, perhaps a small change is needed?), AND Commander Hero Upgrade research UCS.
For Commander Hero Upgrade, use this:
-Castellans with Hero status, are able to receive the honour of a Tactical Dreadnought Armour wargear, if Terminator Honours research is made.

>3] Then, use this (third attempt!) UCS:
Terminator Honours [Hero]
- In recognition of his heroic services, the Black Templars Chapter honours the Castellan with a Tactical Dreadnought Armour wargear.
- Terminator Armour prohibits the use of the Holy Orb of Antioch, but grants access to Orbital Bombardment and field Teleportation abilities.
- If the Castellan accepts the honours, he is briefly teleported to the Armoury to re-equip, then returns to the battlefield in full Terminator Armour.
- Once made, this decision is permanent for that Castellan.

The idea is that a hero castellan (commander hero upgrade) can wear a terminator armour if Terminator Honours is researched.
Do you like it?

Edited by Gambit, 11 January 2012 - 05:08 PM.

#30 jONES1979

jONES1979

eL-jONESON

• Members
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:54 AM

Current (7-jan-2012) confirmed fixes over beta3:

- Land Speeder Missile firing animation and damage fixed.
- Squad CAP "increasing" redefined, based on feedback.
- Skull Probe invisibility research restored.
- Emperor Champion resurrection health percentage reduced.
- BT auto-reinforce wincondition/rule updated
- Full support by Objective_Points_SS mod (Proper flags on strat-points, objective-points and relics) (Already available within latest Tyranid mod release)

- New (lightweight) Tarantula Senty Gun will replace Heavy Bolter Turret emplacement
- Terminator's HP revised.
- New mod feature: Techmarines can slow repair Rhinos and Landraider while embarked.
- Damocles Command Vehicle bring new bonuses to its owner, so its req. cost increased also.
- Updated hi-res icons, at least for buildings

what planned to do before next release
- Adopt newest POK mod termies models from Melooo

---
Latest (17-jan-2012) confirmed changes/fixes over beta3:

- The newest POK mod termie model from Melooo had been adopted for using in BT mod.
- Some weapons stats revised (more damage against low vehicles and aircrafts) for balance purposes. Thank you, RU-community :D
- Heavy Bolter and Missile Launcher weapon's options for the Command Squad.
- Looks like Castellan passive ability to return control over R-Zealed Crusaders finally works.

---

other minor fixes:
- Small AE-code and OE-code enchances/fixes for Sword Brethren Squad
- Standard Bearer's candles fire vertically on most actions :)
- Initiate's model cloth part properly smoothed (not a Melooo's omission, just was a result of my own inaccuracy)
- Plasma Generator model generic markers restored
- BT by-me-updated(only) models are now properly(unified) scaled in Army Painter.

Edited by jONES1979, 17 January 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#31 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:37 PM

Very good Jones! :xcahik_:

Note/question: I just checked the POK termie models, AND THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!!... but I noticed a tiny model issue: The small "tubes" behind terminator's right arm is somewhat "dislocated". Is this fixed?

By the way, is there any progress concerning the "smoke launchers" issue?

P.S.: Thanks for the unified Army Painter model scaling (size)!

Edited by Gambit, 17 January 2012 - 01:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users