Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:23 AM

I was going to do that, but then I passed all of my exams with flying colours, so I just went ahead and did myself a favour. :p

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#22 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:34 AM

I'm not a fan of the menu interface...seems like it was designed for consoles with not much thought gone into it for PC users.

The world itself...my God. I've just got out of the 'tutorial dungeon', as it were. Looks amazing.

#23 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:18 AM

Oy... agreed. Just got done playing, though... 17 hours straight... only reason I stopped was because I couldn't move my neck for half an hour. But in accordance to the game, I have nothing to say. It's the most awesome game I've ever played... I'm not even a fraction done with the quests... barely into the main quest...... And my neck is fine again. Bu-bye.

Edited by {IP}Pasidon, 12 November 2011 - 08:18 AM.

#24 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

It is incredible. I planned to focus on the main quest for once, but I just keep getting distracted and swept away in a variety of well-grounded, immersive and rewarding side-adventures. I've only played for a couple of hours so far, lots of real-life commitments to fulfill, but I can't wait to get back into it.

As Pasidon said, possibly the best game I've ever played. Can't say yet. It is really good.

#25 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:16 PM

I need a tactic for smacking down those sodding giants...

#26 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:13 AM

Call me a no life, but I've invested more than two days worth of playing already. Had nothing better to do and its cold outside and rainy. Level 25 Nord, Assassin, Warrior, theif kinda character. Its so amazing, so much stuff to do. I have so many quests that I'm finishing them all before starting anymore. They just keep piling on. Though I'm not rushing on the main quest took a break from it and I'm doing mostly the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild missions. Also trying to become the Thane of every city :p So what about you guys, what type of character do you guys have and how far or what level are you?

safsignature.png

#27 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:39 AM

I'm a Level 25 Argonian Rouge. I've found assassinations with bows insanely fun and powerful, so I'd care to be nothing else. It's weird... we seem to have very similar progress and faction interests, Spart.

And Ash, I dunno what you have against the giants, but if you want them dead, they hate range and frost. They're slow, so those two combinations work for me. It's the mammoths that beat the snot out of me...

It is incredible. I planned to focus on the main quest for once, but I just keep getting distracted and swept away in a variety of well-grounded, immersive and rewarding side-adventures. I've only played for a couple of hours so far, lots of real-life commitments to fulfill, but I can't wait to get back into it.

Oh, I was just saying that to my friend. I say I'm about to get the Horn for the main quest, and someone comes up to me with a side-quest and I do that only to run into several more quests. I literally have 74 quests on my quest screen... and I didn't even count the massive list of Miscellaneous quests. Why do the people of Skyrim have so many problems...

#28 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

Oh, I was just saying that to my friend. I say I'm about to get the Horn for the main quest, and someone comes up to me with a side-quest and I do that only to run into several more quests. I literally have 74 quests on my quest screen... and I didn't even count the massive list of Miscellaneous quests. Why do the people of Skyrim have so many problems...

It's like my fucking crime queue at work. The fuckers just sort of multiply exponentally while you're exploring... =/

#29 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:47 PM

I found out that if there's any big rocks near by, get on it and the mammoth won't be able to hit you :p then you just shoot it with your bow. But yeah so many quests, and they just keep piling on. This game really is the shit.

safsignature.png

#30 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:19 AM

Rock-hopper... but yea, I won't complain that there's too many quests. In the end, I'll probably complain that there isn't enough. I just hope the guilds and cities keep you occupied even in the end, but I'm far from that.

It's like my fucking crime queue at work. The fuckers just sort of multiply exponentally while you're exploring... =/

Weird... I haven't come across very many, let alone pick fights with them. The only one I had to fight was some jerk who killed a dragon I was fighting then started to come after me. They stagger easily with good archery skills.

#31 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:07 AM

If I remember right, I read somewhere on the Skyrim forums that the guilds\cities will produce unlimited quests after your done with all the quests the city\guild has to offer. Or something along the lines of that.

safsignature.png

#32 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:14 AM

Infinite quests? Then it looks like I'll be putting a gracious 0% of time not playing Skyrim.

#33 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:00 PM

I've barely done any quests at all. Just been scouring the land, clearing out dungeons. I found a Dwemer ruin initially disguised as some kind of Goblin cave. The Dwarven Centurion shook me all night long before I finally destroyed it.

#34 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:14 PM

Weird... I haven't come across very many, let alone pick fights with them. The only one I had to fight was some jerk who killed a dragon I was fighting then started to come after me. They stagger easily with good archery skills.

I was referring to quests with that quote, goober. Not dragons or giants.

EDIT: I've updated my above post to make that more clear. :p

#35 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

See? Not my fault. But by the way... I totally ghosted a dragon while it was sleeping last night. Apparently dragons have sleeping spots and you can sneak up on them and dagger slash them in the face.

I've barely done any quests at all. Just been scouring the land, clearing out dungeons. I found a Dwemer ruin initially disguised as some kind of Goblin cave. The Dwarven Centurion shook me all night long before I finally destroyed it.

I love using my push word of power to shove them off steep ledges. There never fails to be a steep ledge near a Centurion. But I don't think I've found that ruin... the search begins.

#36 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:49 PM

There was no steep ledge near that one. Let me correct my previous post; I meant a Falmer cave.

#37 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:43 AM

Infinite quests? Then it looks like I'll be putting a gracious 0% of time not playing Skyrim.

Found it. Sounds pretty cool to me.

safsignature.png

#38 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

The Dark Brotherhood "initiation" is wonderfully grotesque.

#39 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:12 AM

The Thieves Guild so far has the best storyline.

safsignature.png

#40 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  • Projects:My Link Mod
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:15 AM

Aside from the fact that a lot of early game quests require you to walk to the other side of the world...
It's actually a fun game.

The other night, I got drunk and blacked out. Apparently I stole a goat from some guy and then sold it to a giant, so I could pay back some lady for "borrowing" her wedding ring. Which I used to almost marry a fugly Hagraven. :grin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users