#61 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:29 AM

I agree with you on the graphics, there nothing special. You can see lots of textures in game where Bethesda half assed it. But the game is still very fun and addicting. But the mods will improve upon the textures if they bother you that much.

safsignature.png

#62 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

I've actually been shocked by the lack of glitching. Bethesda games usually have whacky first releases that are patched in the first week. I'm guessing he had it for PC. And that mountain climbing thing has always been in a Bethesda game. From Morrowind to Fallout to Oblivion... there have always been strange ways to climb mountains by mass jumping and angle walking. I honestly don't think they want it out since they haven't fixed it in ten years.

A few hours ago I decided to start playing the Main Quest line again and went to go get the Elder Scroll. It took me to an underground Dwarven place called Black Reach and man was it beautiful. Some of the most amazing Dwarven Ruins I've seen in Skyrim so far.

Well boo for spoilers, but I as well went there. I suppose you have to at some point to beat the game... But Black Reach is what I liked to call a massive and stunning storage space. It was the coolest place ever, especially since it had an entire dragon in it. But after exploring the whole thing, I decided it wasn't worth the 3 hours I put into it. It's a cool way to show the evolution of the Falmer's society and how they still had slaves and all. But in the end, it was just a giant maze for Crimson Nernroot. A great quest if you care for alchemy... which I don't.

#63 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:56 PM

Theres a dragon :ohmy: could you tell me where? I collected all the Crimson Nernroot, but my quest is bugged and I don't have the dialogue option to complete it when I take them to the lady.

safsignature.png

#64 Abrams Tank

Abrams Tank

The Swordsman

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Projects:Life (even though it sucks now)
  •  nothing fancy

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:10 PM

im surprised no one said anything about werewolves in this game so far and yes i am one in my file: if your interested
killed a dragon while i was a werewolf hard to do too.
i played the hell out of skyrim until my brother took it with him to college and i wont get it back for the next 2.5 weeks or so :dry:

REBEL_SOLDIER_LAUGHING.gif"you want to leave when!?"

#65 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

I've actually been shocked by the lack of glitching. Bethesda games usually have whacky first releases that are patched in the first week. I'm guessing he had it for PC. And that mountain climbing thing has always been in a Bethesda game. From Morrowind to Fallout to Oblivion... there have always been strange ways to climb mountains by mass jumping and angle walking. I honestly don't think they want it out since they haven't fixed it in ten years.

Well, how else am I going to reach the peak of that ridiculously craggy mountain? Go around? But that'll take ages!

Alternately I just tend to tcl and clip my way up. :)

#66 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:29 AM

Yea, I'm the player who likes to go a straight line between objectives. I'm so stubborn, I sometimes spend ten minutes trying to get up a mountain when going around would have taken far less time.

And Abe, where the crap did you find a werewolf? I found a few in cages in a cave, but I haven't found a werewolf in the wild. From the book about them (Hunter's Guide to The Reach) telling me they're in the northern regions of Skyrim, they don't seem easy to find.

Theres a dragon :ohmy: could you tell me where? I collected all the Crimson Nernroot, but my quest is bugged and I don't have the dialogue option to complete it when I take them to the lady.

The center helm with all the lights and stuff... the dragon is wondering around outside the walls. It's one of the dragon high lords, so it's a good kill. He's super hard to find since it's dark and he tends to sleep. If you have the aurora dragon shout, you have a better chance of finding him.

#67 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:16 PM

The advantage with Oblivion was that some places were already 'discovered' for you, so you could shorten the distance by fast-travelling to the nearest town and work from there. Not with Skyrim.

Yknow, I prefer a lot of things about Oblivion to Skyrim. For one thing, I find Skyrim's inventory/journal menu system utterly infuriating. Hopefully DarN can do something about it before I froth at the mouth.
Then again, I have about four thousand mods for Oblivion. I just hope someone gets the source code and can make it, like, not crash...

#68 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:33 PM

I haven't minded the inventory. I still like Morrowind's system more than anything. Well... the best inventory system I've ever seen was in Resident Evil 4. You don't go by weight but by the size and shape of what you're carrying in a limited space hard-case. There's a certain strategy to it.

#69 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:10 PM

I haven't minded the inventory. I still like Morrowind's system more than anything. Well... the best inventory system I've ever seen was in Resident Evil 4. You don't go by weight but by the size and shape of what you're carrying in a limited space hard-case. There's a certain strategy to it.

what, you mean like diablo 1 and 2's inventory?
http://mavado.bplace...pg1/diablo1.jpg

Cause yeah, that sort of inventory layout I agree is pretty clever/good. No silly weight making your characters run slow, but you still have to think weather you want to carry that big item, or ditch it to make room, and you can organise your stuff to be more effiecient.
It was a good setup.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#70 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

Yeah I've always like that kind of inventory. Though I'm not sure it would work to good in Skyrim, since theres a lot of stuff you have to carry.

safsignature.png

#71 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:24 AM

That would cause a more challenging factor to the game if you can't carry 20 books, 15 glass hammers, 50 iron pots, 16 ebony ingots and 61 horker meat slabs all while wearing solid dragon bone armor. You can buy houses / store items in random places, so it would work with a geometrical inventory, plus lead to a personalized organization. It would also make horses useful if they could also carry some inventory. I have had no temptation to get a horse, but my system would give tons of reason.

#72 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  • Projects:My Link Mod
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:27 AM

im surprised no one said anything about werewolves in this game so far and yes i am one in my file: if your interested
killed a dragon while i was a werewolf hard to do too.
i played the hell out of skyrim until my brother took it with him to college and i wont get it back for the next 2.5 weeks or so :dry:

It's a lot of fun to be a werewolf sometimes. It's most satisfying to run in and hit a guy so hard he flies through the air. Most of them will never know what hit 'em. :lol:

Also, I'm really starting to get annoyed with all the constant freezing, and bugs. On one of my files, Aela the Huntress is bugged out. She approaches me with a weapon drawn and starts a normal conversation, as if I were the one who initialized it. And no matter where I go she follows me, constantly trying to talk. And if I try to fast travel it says I can't while guards are pursuing me.

It all started one day when I walked into Jorrvaskr. Skjor was there and they both glitched out at the same time. Even though Skjor was already dead...

Edited by Ganon, 02 December 2011 - 02:35 AM.

#73 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:42 AM

That's a weird bug. But yea, the freezing issue was Bethesda not thinking ahead with an uber-compact game on one disk flash-heating systems. The game runs smoothly and cool most of the time, but when too much happens at once, which happens ALL the time... it poops.

#74 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

Well, I just bought it today - maybe try it out tomorrow/day after :)

#75 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:52 PM

Your enlightenment is at hand, Pup.

#76 Abrams Tank

Abrams Tank

The Swordsman

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Projects:Life (even though it sucks now)
  •  nothing fancy

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:31 PM

And Abe, where the crap did you find a werewolf? I found a few in cages in a cave, but I haven't found a werewolf in the wild. From the book about them (Hunter's Guide to The Reach) telling me they're in the northern regions of Skyrim, they don't seem easy to find.

you dont find them in the wild (can in random caves) and it not a disease like vamprism. it is a ritual from a companions quest you agree to help them take out a religious cult called the Silver Hand and you can be a werewolf anytime just make sure you dont transform around guards or cilvilans or it will be 1,000 buck your paying and its a once a day thing unless you do the daedric quest for Hircirine for the ring that allows you to transform twice a day instead of once a day. hope this helps to anyone :good:

REBEL_SOLDIER_LAUGHING.gif"you want to leave when!?"

#77 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:49 AM

Ahhhhh... the only guild I have yet to even join. I should do that next.

#78 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  • Projects:My Link Mod
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:22 AM

So far I've completed the Companions, the Thieves Guild, and The Dark Brotherhood. I have yet to finish the mage's college quests.
Also, Pasidon, if you become a werewolf, make sure you think twice before you cure yourself. As it's gone for good afterward.
And becoming a werewolf cures vampirisim, although, that can be cured and contracted multiple times for non-werewolves.

On another note, I was on my way to gain entrance to Skyhaven Temple today. It was like something out of an action movie.

As I walked down the road, two dragons flew overhead. Needless to say I ran.
I thought I was lucky that I was close to the temple, but when I got there, Delphine and Esbern were fighting Forsworn people.
So I jumped off Shadowmere, and the next thing I knew, I was dodging ice spikes, dragon breath, and arrows from all directions.
Then, I turn around and Shadowmere is kicking Forsworns in the face, while Delphine and Esbern were launching magic spells in all directions, striking Forsworn and Dragon alike.

It was a sight to behold. It's too bad it took everything I had to survive. :xd:

God I love this game.

Edited by Ganon, 04 December 2011 - 01:04 PM.

#79 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

Only problem with the Guilds is that there to short, in a few quest you end up becoming the leader. I remember in Oblivion it took ages to advance in rank. Here its you join, then a few quest later your the leader. Though it doesn't seem like it cause the NPCs still treat and act the same towards you.

safsignature.png

#80 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

Only problem with the Guilds is that there to short, in a few quest you end up becoming the leader. I remember in Oblivion it took ages to advance in rank. Here its you join, then a few quest later your the leader. Though it doesn't seem like it cause the NPCs still treat and act the same towards you.

safsignature.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users