124 replies to this topic

#101 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Not sure what the fake hydrogen bomb is. I'll check.

I still don't get the ocl which fires a weapon. What is the point of it? Why not just fire a suicide weapon like any other suicide unit?

#102 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

If weapon set is full. Basically I've got a unit spawning a massive emp blast, then killing itself.

I sorted the extra shortcu button, but now the shortcut is there from the start, even when I haven't built the super weapon!

Edited by Tomeister, 15 April 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#103 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:17 AM

What did you do to fix the extra button problem initially?

Also where are you finding the fake hydrogen bomb?

Edited by ApOcOlYpS, 16 April 2012 - 04:20 AM.

#104 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

Look under Supw rank 3 powers command set- with things like mobile defense II.

I changed the enum from scud_missiles to some other rocket- cant remember of the top of head and comp not available. Think it's banikour-missile but I don't know exactly.

If your planning on adding a new building, how will you change it to fit in with tournament mode?

I added a new super weapon, and it has a built limit depending on Supw restriction, but when I build it it then says building already built- for other super weapons! So basically this is the only super weapon I can build because it stops the rest!

Edited by Tomeister, 16 April 2012 - 09:08 PM.

#105 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

Hey I have a modelling/skinning question. I haven't really had a chance to look into it yet myself. Are skins created by basically "painting" on the model and then somehow exporting the texture, or do I have to figure out how a skin will wrap around a model and draw it manually as a 2d image (and if so, how do I do that)?

I added a new super weapon, and it has a built limit depending on Supw restriction, but when I build it it then says building already built- for other super weapons! So basically this is the only super weapon I can build because it stops the rest!

I'd check what superweapons' other superweapons have for their restrictions. In fact, I'm pretty sure all superweapons follow the rules for other buildings in tournament mode. The super weapon restriction is reserved for things like hero units (Jarmen Kell, Yang Wang, etc).

Also while consolidating the strategy center over into the new tomahawk storm, I found these:

Behavior = GrantUpgradeCreate ModuleTag_0999
UpgradeToGrant = Upgrade_AmericaAdvancedControlRods
ExemptStatus = UNDER_CONSTRUCTION
End

Behavior = GrantUpgradeCreate ModuleTag_visup
UpgradeToGrant = Upgrade_GLABombTruckBioBomb

End

Behavior = GrantScienceUpgrade ModuleTag_Science0111
GrantScience = SCIENCE_Tech1
TriggeredBy = Upgrade_AmericaAdvancedControlRods
End

Can someone explain them? I feel like they're linked to the upgrades that the strategy center provides, but due to the naming convention it's a bit hard to follow. I'll keep looking around.

Edited by ApOcOlYpS, 19 April 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#106 Rosco9487

Rosco9487

title available

• Project Team
  • 250 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

Hey I have a modelling/skinning question. I haven't really had a chance to look into it yet myself. Are skins created by basically "painting" on the model and then somehow exporting the texture, or do I have to figure out how a skin will wrap around a model and draw it manually as a 2d image (and if so, how do I do that)?

You need to UV map a texture to the model. If you are making a new texture, UV map the model first then use that to make the texture (you'll probably need to adjust the UV mapping when you make the texture). If you are fitting an existing texture to the model then just UV the texture to the model.

UV mapping is done from within the modeling software, gmax or 3ds max for example. You would then take that UV map (either by export or screenshot) and use a program like photoshop for the texture.

Behavior = GrantUpgradeCreate ModuleTag_0999
UpgradeToGrant = Upgrade_AmericaAdvancedControlRods
End

Behavior = GrantUpgradeCreate ModuleTag_visup
UpgradeToGrant = Upgrade_GLABombTruckBioBomb

End

Behavior = GrantScienceUpgrade ModuleTag_Science0111
GrantScience = SCIENCE_Tech1
TriggeredBy = Upgrade_AmericaAdvancedControlRods
End

Can someone explain them? I feel like they're linked to the upgrades that the strategy center provides, but due to the naming convention it's a bit hard to follow. I'll keep looking around.

Not sure what the biobomb upgrade grants, I would have to look at the code for that, but the Control Rod upgrade is used to grant the SCEINCE_Tech1 (the under construction exemption means you have to finish building before it is granted). I think the SCIENCE_Tech1 is used with the escelation upgrades, the upgrades would require the science before they can be purchased.

Edited by Rosco9487, 19 April 2012 - 07:18 PM.

#107 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

You need to UV map a texture to the model. If you are making a new texture, UV map the model first then use that to make the texture (you'll probably need to adjust the UV mapping when you make the texture). If you are fitting an existing texture to the model then just UV the texture to the model.

Okay. I learn about UV mapping in a few weeks so I think I'll wait until then to deal with skinning. Will work on models in the mean time though.

I think the SCIENCE_Tech1 is used with the escelation upgrades, the upgrades would require the science before they can be purchased.

I should be able to find that under the escalation objects then right? Couldn't the object just require the building instead? I'll take a look tonight or tomorrow.

Edit 3: I am victorious! I can import w3d into 3ds Max, which can export to fbx which can be imported into Maya! Hopefully I get as much control as I think I do, but Maya is SO nice for polygon modeling. Assuming everything works fine, I should be able to start cranking out new models as I'm very familiar with Maya.

Edited by ApOcOlYpS, 25 April 2012 - 03:35 PM.

#108 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

Nice work!

I have a question- is a construction yard system possible on zero hour?

P.s
I got it wrong, it's not fake hydrogen bomb, but fakecommand_hydrogenbomb.

#109 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

What do you mean by construction yard system?

#110 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:12 AM

Like other Cnc games, where the build queue is 1 and it can build from a distance- no dozers.

#111 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

You could POSSIBLY remove the ability to build dozers, and then make an invisible and hyper fast dozer at start. Have a "build" button on the command center which will select your dozer, and then build things from there. You wouldn't be able to queue things for sure though.

Actually I'm pretty sure that would work. You can have shortcuts for selections even (think leonidas or unit groups in Contra). AI might have an issue with it though.

Edited by ApOcOlYpS, 01 May 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#112 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

Can someone explain how to change a unit's weapon set from an upgrade? I'm getting hung up on a weaponset's condition being PLAYER_UPGRADE, but I can't find where PLAYER_UPGRADE is defined.

#113 Tomeister

Tomeister
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

Have you looked at the scorpion missile or Humvee pow missile?

Don't security defenses do this too?

Edited by Tomeister, 03 May 2012 - 08:18 PM.

#114 Rosco9487

Rosco9487

title available

• Project Team
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

Can someone explain how to change a unit's weapon set from an upgrade? I'm getting hung up on a weaponset's condition being PLAYER_UPGRADE, but I can't find where PLAYER_UPGRADE is defined.

You use this module:

Behavior = WeaponSetUpgrade ModuleTag_09
TriggeredBy = Upgrade_AmericaTOWMissile
End

The weaponset with the PLAYER_UPGRADE condition will be used once the upgrade in the above module is purchased.

#115 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

Is the moduletag arbitrary? I got the rest of it (how the behavior and trigger works) from some more searching.

#116 Rosco9487

Rosco9487

title available

• Project Team
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

I don't think the tag really means much, just make it unique for the object.

#117 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

Edit: Nevermind

Edited by ApOcOlYpS, 13 May 2012 - 01:24 AM.

#118 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

So adding a tomahawk storm to Superweapons general is giving me a problem. Building the tomahawk storm creates the shortcut button for the blackout EMP missile, which is then unusable because it's linked to something that it isn't. What ini files should I look at so that the tomahawk storm has its own shortcut button?

#119 Rosco9487

Rosco9487

title available

• Project Team
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

This problem often comes up with overlapping enums, make sure the tomahawk storm is using a unique enum for superweapon general.

#120 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

Where is that defined?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users