_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

Hey everybody!

Before we dive into the second Rohan update, we thought it'd be nice to give you an update on the progress of the mod. Unfortunately, Nertea is going to be away for a couple of weeks, so the release of the next patch is going to be delayed until after he comes back. Rest assured though, that progress on the mod is going swimmingly, and that besides some bugfixing and polishing, there isn't a lot left to finish off. You've all been incredibly patient - just hang in there, it won't be much longer :)

Until then however, i'll be taking over the next few updates, which will cover the last changes included in the next version, 0.75!

Posted Image

In this update, we'll be looking at some exciting changes to the Rohan hero roster.

Posted Image

Firstly, in keeping with the changes made to his Gondorian counterpart Pippin, Merry will be receiving a new power - Esquire of Rohan. Available at rank 4, this passive power grants Merry a boost in armour and health. Merry otherwise remains unchanged, retaining his Elven Cloak and Toggle Sword/Rock abilities.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Newly added to Rohan's ranks is Gamling the Old. Although a capable warrior on foot, Gamling can also use his Mount ability at rank 1, allowing him to join the ranks of your rohirrim archers. A stout and loyal soldier, Gamling's Fealty ability is also available at rank 1, which grants Gamling a passive experience boost whenever near Theoden, Eomer or Erkenbrand. At rank 4, his Master of Archers leadership provides a passive attack buff to yeoman archers and rohirrim archers.

At rank 6, Gamling is able to summon The King's Standard, a banner that provides leadership and replenishes nearby battalions. It is only temporary however, and can also be destroyed by the enemy if not protected.

Also joining the Rohan hero roster is Erkenbrand. A great warrior and strong leader, Erkenbrand's rank 1 ability, Horn of the Westfold, inspires nearby troops and provides them with boosts to attack and speed. At rank 3, Erkenbrand displays the Red Shield of the Mark, which grants Erkenbrand additional health, as well as attack and armour bonuses to peasants, westfold miltia and yeoman archers. And like most of the Rohan heroes, Erkenbrand is equally skilled on horse and foot - his Mount ability available at rank 4 allows Erkenbrand to ride forth with the rest of your Rohirrim.

Erkenbrand receives his Rally the Westmark ability at rank 6 - a passive ability which decreses the cost of peasants, horsemen of the mark, and westfold militia. And finally, Erkenbrand becomes a truly fearsome warrior at rank 8, when he receives his Hammerhand Reborn ability. When activated, Erkenbrand's damage is greatly increased, and he may randomly deliver a devastating blow to knock back and damage his surrounding enemies!

Lastly, as many of you know, Aragorn and Gimli have assumed their roles amongst the heroes of Gondor and Erebor respectively. As such, Legolas has also been removed from Rohan's heroes. Don't worry though, more will be revealed on the fate of the Three Hunters in a future update :ninja:

Posted Image

Next week: Rohan Spellbook Part I

Posted Image Posted Image

#2 ElessartheHigh

ElessartheHigh
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

Geat update ! :) I'm proud to see Erkenbrand in game , as he was one of the main Rohirrim in the Two Towers book . I wanted to say it's really a huge job , you all , in THD team , did ! All factions have been rebalanced ,reworked , improved , news units , heroes and news powers ! I honestly can't say more , but something I regret about some other mods , is that they focus only on one faction , let's say a newly created faction but the others aren't really expansed . TDH is one of those exceptions .

Edited by ElessartheHigh, 09 January 2012 - 05:10 PM.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.[1]

#3 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Firstborn
  •  The Bolicious T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:20 PM

Superb update, the patchy heroes of Rohan needed to be gone over :thumbsupsmiley:
Glad to know that the release is imminent, and that our waiting will be rewarded with quality
Great work, keep it up :smile2ap:
Bofur01

left64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruayp.pngAotF.pngright64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruf44.png

#4 {IP}Solstice

{IP}Solstice

The Relayer

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:56 PM

Great update, I really like the addition of Erkenbrand
my political compass: http://www.political...-4.75&soc=-5.69
my website: http://future4.weebly.com/ (out of date)

#5 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:Luckily AotR Mapping

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

They all look great especially in the last photo :thumbsupsmiley: .

#6 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:18 AM

Great stuff, can't wait to play it!

#7 Guest_BowandArrow_*

Guest_BowandArrow_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:17 PM

Just an idea cause your doing Rohan if the archery range is getting to many units it'd be kind of cool to make an elven barracks for the landmark things in rohans castle or even outposts it could recruit haldir and galahadrim (dont no if that's how you spell it)but just an idea great mod btw

#8 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:09 AM

Well we've pretty much finished making changes to Rohan, but as far as an extra building, Rohan will be getting a new barracks, as can be seen here: http://forums.revora...he-horse-lords/

Thanks for the feedback everyone :)

#9 Sauron-the-Deciever

Sauron-the-Deciever
  • Members
  • 41 posts
  • Projects:Bodies Stay Compilation

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:53 AM

So no more Three Hunters? :( Everything else is perfect though. :thumbsupsmiley:

Wait, now I know it, Three Hunters, a new spellbook power?

You cannot hide. I see you. There is no life in the void. Only death.
No Man can kill me!

Posted Image

Ash Nazg Durbatuluk, Ash Nazg Gimbatul, Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk, Agh Burzum-ishi Krimpatul.

#10 Guest_RetunToBeleriand_*

Guest_RetunToBeleriand_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:32 AM

Also Ent Moon on Rohan but singel players have not Ent Moon bulid on Rohan to end play in Black Gate. SUCK, FUCK AND PISS EA!!! EA MUST GO TO DEMON! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:
Odd Noldor warrior's weapons is both bow and sword is NO WAY!!! :facepalm:

#11 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

SUCK, FUCK AND PISS EA!!! EA MUST GO TO DEMON! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Well, none of this modding community would have existed without EA. ;)

Like the Hammerhand Reborn ability. :good:

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#12 Guest_Onodrim_*

Guest_Onodrim_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

I don't know much about modding, so just about every mod fascinates me to some degree. However, TDH surpasses them all. It looks amazing, great job!

#13 Guest_brand_*

Guest_brand_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

They are amazing. It would be great if you add Grimbold, the one in Minas Tirith War adn Hamma the Ujier of the king.

#14 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

I don't know much about modding, so just about every mod fascinates me to some degree. However, TDH surpasses them all. It looks amazing, great job!

Posted Image

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users