gathering ideas

• Please log in to reply
1347 replies to this topic

#1161 Mako

Mako
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:37 PM

I still wondering if ther is any change to play in multiplayer (via lan) in wide screen mode. You should pin an topic on this if you there is a solution. Or am i missing that topic?

P.s: Oh amazing work guys  :thumbsuphappy:

Edited by Mako, 13 October 2018 - 09:38 PM.

#1162 csemege86

csemege86
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 08:44 AM

Hi, I'm using Destination Paris 1.45. Until now it was fairly compatible with my Win10 (little long while loading, but tolerable). But now I've upgraded my graphic card and monitor.

At launching, it keeps optimizing for ages. It starts with fullscreen, changes back to windowed black screen, full screen again. The game doesn't crash, finally it finds itself in 4:3 nice resolution. BUT my problem is that with each save, each death, each reload, the same old process starts again. Optimizing, resolution change back and forth... Jumps out to Windows, jumps back in game. Each time this intermezzo is about a fat half minute long, so the game is pretty much unplayable and unenjoyable.

Right click game icon, I used every compatible package from win 95 to Win 8. Nothing changes, same optimization. I used small window, large window, full window mode. No changes.

Is this a known issue? Is there a mod for this? Or I just have to accept this and be happy that at least I can play with no crashes? I installed Commandos HD project mod, but that didn't help. In fact it messed my whole game up as it doesn't start now at all.

Edited by csemege86, 20 October 2018 - 09:23 AM.

#1163 JTDOOWOP

JTDOOWOP
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:31 PM

Hi

After hour after hour of digging for a solution to the WIN 10 full screen with Destination 1.46 ON MY LAPTOP - I finally made a breakthrough.

I am now running Commandos Destination Paris 1.46 in full screen 768 x 1024 - no black bars on sides - on my widescreen 900 X 1440 monitor.

Looks and plays great.

I tried all the Resolution mods and screen fixes I could find - I even went to a hex editor trying to get the darn thing to work. Well ....I finally gave up in disgust - then while sitting there depressed it came to me ???  What am I doing - its the monitor that displays the game.  So I went to my monitor 900 x 1440 - using ATI Radeon HD 4200 settings for games - and found a setting for flat panel - full screen so I set it for use with this game............That's it - Unbelievable but true.   If you don't have an ATI Radeon HD 4200 just look at your display setting they may have the same thing or similar settings

FOR GAMES that will solve the problem.......jtdoowop

#1164 pohcx04

pohcx04
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:33 AM

Hello guys how can i revive my commando because it died in a dead angle which i can't revive him so anyone has an idea hw to revive him?

#1165 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 03:43 PM

If you are playing in normal you can open debug.exe ( in your folder of destination paris ). press alt + enter in game to make the game a window. Then press shift + control + n and click in 3D. You will be able to watch your commando and heal him.

#1166 pohcx04

pohcx04
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:11 AM

Thanks. I did manage to enter the windowed mode but the shift control plus n doesn't seem to work though how to continue?

#1167 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:54 AM

It works. Make sure you are runngin debug.exe, not the normal game comm2.exe

#1168 pohcx04

pohcx04
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:56 PM

Which setting to select or deselect in developer mode Extrano1955 ?

#1169 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:26 AM

3D rotation

#1170 herbert3000

herbert3000

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

• Division Admins
  • 593 posts
  • Division:Commandos HQ
  • Job:Division Admin

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:09 PM

C2_Developer_Options.png

#1171 pohcx04

pohcx04
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 07:44 AM

Will it make any difference with the 3D roatation on? Cause with alt i can just rotate the same four angles

#1172 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:57 PM

Will it make any difference with the 3D roatation on? Cause with alt i can just rotate the same four angles

To use the 3d rotate you must use alt+arrow keys, you must be using alt+click

#1173 motishow

motishow
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:29 AM

Congrats for the new release. I very hope that new version will make the easy gameplay option ''easy''. I mean real easy, not Destination Paris easy.

Any posibility to make it playable decreasing the difficulty? Actually in easy mode is impossible

Edited by motishow, 08 April 2019 - 02:46 PM.

#1174 psychedelist

psychedelist
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:32 AM

In 1.46, the mission "Separation of Life and Death" always crashes within first minute after calling the radio (invasion). Any known fix, or maybe someone can contact the author? I like the mission and would love to finish it.

Edit: a bit of an opinion on the mod, it's great but when it comes to the main missions, i really wish there were no infinite weapons on the hardest difficulty, or even no auto-fire ability (as a way to nearly enforce stealth). In some missions you can get an infinite weapon very early and do the whole mission hit-and-run style, it felt unsatisfying. If i play them again, i'll have to look at the tutorials to accomplish these changes. There's a terrific mission "Assault! Attack on Haiphong" that i think handles this aspect perfectly, it requires full stealth for the majority of its course, but in the end phase you can have your revenge and destroy the entire base, and it does feel satisfying.

Edited by psychedelist, 21 April 2019 - 03:35 PM.

#1175 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:47 PM

The new version 2.0 will decrease infinite guns in normal missions. A lot of new missions coming, I hope separation of life and death fixed.

In 1.46, the mission "Separation of Life and Death" always crashes within first minute after calling the radio (invasion). Any known fix, or maybe someone can contact the author? I like the mission and would love to finish it.

Edit: a bit of an opinion on the mod, it's great but when it comes to the main missions, i really wish there were no infinite weapons on the hardest difficulty, or even no auto-fire ability (as a way to nearly enforce stealth). In some missions you can get an infinite weapon very early and do the whole mission hit-and-run style, it felt unsatisfying. If i play them again, i'll have to look at the tutorials to accomplish these changes. There's a terrific mission "Assault! Attack on Haiphong" that i think handles this aspect perfectly, it requires full stealth for the majority of its course, but in the end phase you can have your revenge and destroy the entire base, and it does feel satisfying.

#1176 Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68

Stalking in the shadows

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 07:44 AM

Yey.. If Strike in Narrow Path had the same amount of updates, it would bring more life into the older titles!

comm-boot-camp-promo-revora-join-us-co.p

<<< CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO DO SO >>>

#1177 psychedelist

psychedelist
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:35 PM

I noticed "Secret Meeting Part 1" has a history of fixing the sequence break where you can get to the meeting without the spy and kill everyone. Wanted to mention that it's still quite easy by distracting the sniper with a shot in the adjacent room, he conveniently turns around. Also it's possible to get inside the officer house early through a window, though hiding inside will be painful (but possible).

In "Secret Meeting Part 2", i didn't realize that the radio is in the Colzitz-like room, thought it's in the Burma tower. But somehow managed to kill all enemies inside the bunker with Green Beret and break out. Then was surprised to see the other commandos sleeping and not reacting in the sewers. Freeing the spy was probably meant to be done with a grenade, but somehow it was possible with a sniper rifle too. Then i looked up a video, and realized i did the mission totally wrong. Calling the radio triggered two cutscenes in a row, with green beret teleporting back to the bunker, pretending to be still trapped, then an ally outside trying to go back to the sewers radio :smilehuh: Then the cutscene that was supposed to play when you enter the sewers for the first time. Was very funny. Great missions overall.

https://www.youtube .com/watch?v=h7Il28NcgqU this has 1.46 in title, but it's not in my game, I assume it'll be in the upcoming version. Any chance to know approximately when we can expect to see it? Looking forward to play it very much.

Edited by psychedelist, 16 May 2019 - 12:36 PM.

#1178 Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68

Stalking in the shadows

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:35 PM

Proper answer be... "When it's ready". Its pretty much only few guys doing it, takes time.

comm-boot-camp-promo-revora-join-us-co.p

<<< CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO DO SO >>>

#1179 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:19 PM

Yes, I knew that secret meeting bugs, but I feel lazzy to fix. Instead Im working in 2.0 and nz4 + real life stuff since I need new job. 2.0 should come soon but we are having some troubles

#1180 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:19 PM

Here comes the new update of the mod destination paris 2.0! This is a reset, you dont need an older version of dp. Here is the link:

alternative link:

How to install:

1-Install the original game commandos 2 men of courage
2-Download the mediafire link and extract the file. Then follow the instructions of set up.

Other interesting stuff:

Facebook group, a god choice to find new players:

Revora foum:

---------------------

Information about Comm2P.exe:

Is a modified version of comm2.exe you can find it in the directory of 2.0, it have some improves like resolution screen, use harpoon in land or show enemies alive pressing F6. The missions with 2P in the list need the 2p version for run.

Unfortunetely some antvirus software keep blocking the 2p version and the creator says isnĀ“t a virus but we dont know how to fix this problem. Anyway you can keep running comm2.exe or debug version as always.

Edited by extrano1955, 28 May 2019 - 10:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users