• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

So I got sent MTL's map, Been doing tmy own tweaking to weathertop, He built a wonderful hill top. So I went through and built the tower as accurately as possible. I think it turned out great. Though we may need to adjust the hill a little.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

We just need to adjust the scale of it I reckon.

Can you send me back your modified versions of Gundabad and Weathertop. I found a hiccup in the Gundabad map and I will be fixing the Weathertop hill and scaling your more accurate version of the ruined tower.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#23 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

Ok Ill send them back to you. Though Im a little reluctant to see the tower ruins scaled up....I think the current size is accurate and still allows units to enter the tower. Id rather see the backside of the hill brought in closer. Ill send them to you ASAP.

#24 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

Okay, I will look at the hill first.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#25 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

:thumbsuphappy:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#26 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

Posted Image
Can you see the difference?

I will be scaling the hill although - it will be fixing its side shape to make its base more circular.

The rock sticking up needs to be partly inside the ruins.

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 13 January 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#27 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Firstborn
  •  The Bolicious T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Only niggle: The path seems to be leaning towards the screenshot a little too much at the top, but otherwise :)

Edited by Bofur01, 13 January 2013 - 03:45 PM.

left64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruayp.pngAotF.pngright64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruf44.png

#28 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

I sooo happy......Its nearly done. :smilehuh:

#29 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Yeah, the path is the absolute last thing to be fixed, Bofur.

#30 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

I am wondering about the rock you want sticking partially in the ruins? I dont remember seeing something like that. Fact is Ive poored over every image I can find of the miniture environment as well as screen grabs, theres no rock.....

Edited by njm1983, 14 January 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#31 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

I have rechecked it and it is actually a piece of ruin - it looked like a rock so I sketched it myself in my own designs. I too have a lot of pictures - but mostly from the movie and sketches from Howard Shore and Alan Lee.

P.S. This is how I scaled Weathertop by 1.15
Posted Image
Posted Image
And when all the points were in Inkscape I did some number crunching and scaled it exactly to the right size. Then I copied the coordinates back.

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 14 January 2013 - 02:00 AM.

#32 Naugrim.

Naugrim.
  • Members
  • 127 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

The level of detail you guys are putting into these is just amazing. Especially when you think back to EA's attempts.

#33 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

Most of the credit is MTL. He did the part i really didnt want to. Building the hill was not going to be fun.

#34 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

NJM - Did you by any chance change Weathertop into a 4 player map?

Did you change anything else? I am looking at it now and am completely confused.

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 17 January 2013 - 05:04 AM.

#35 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

yeah added a 4th player, removed the swamp in the north around weathertop. cleaned up the trees etc. Wanted a more FOTR look.

#36 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

Ha ha ha, I opened up the map today to do some more work on it and I was like - who drained that swamp?

I'll also be fixing up the lower right terrain. A few flattened hills that need fixing. ;p

I also have a new inspiration for the map: M@tt's Weathertop in The Dwarf Holds. I love the sorrounding rocky hills.

And with more players I want to give my hill some more strategic value so people can admire NJM's ruins of Amon Sul. I am thinking something similar to M@tt's design.

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 17 January 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#37 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

Some detail from Port Waikato rock textures. The Sky is a post screenshot mock-up.

#38 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Very cool. Nice sky box too. Whered ya get that?

#39 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Firstborn
  •  The Bolicious T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

The Sky is a post screenshot mock-up.

Well read NJM.

left64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruayp.pngAotF.pngright64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruf44.png

#40 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Hahahaha, I was trying to get across that after I took the screenshot I edited the picture and put a sky in. The sky I used is perfect but not big enough for me to make a nice skybox out of it. I have actually asked on Facebook for a photo from one of my many friends with SLR cameras.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users