#41 Zeta1127

Zeta1127

Supporter of P-canon

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Projects:A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  •  Ancient Order of the Whills Clone Marshal Commander of the 89th Legion

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:56 AM

Indeed, those hero solutions look extremely promising.

"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett
"You are fooling yourself, Captain. Nothing here is what it seems. You are not the plucky hero, the Alliance is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena."
"And that's not incense." - The Operative and Inara Serra
"What you will see, if you leave the Mirror free to work, I cannot tell. For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet maybe. But which it is that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell. Do you wish to look?" - Galadriel
Clone Marshal Commander Zeta 1127 of the 89th Legion
Admiral Zebulon Wilhelm of Task Force Mystic/Fleet Junkie

#42 Chih

Chih
  • Members
  • 127 posts
  • Projects:Phoenix Rising Enhancements

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

Really nice, going to have to borrow some of your changes as well :)

#43 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:21 AM

Glad my reconstructions are of interest. What's up with the Millenium Falcon? Wasn't 6K ShieldPoints enough? :)

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#44 johnchm.10

johnchm.10

ALL HUMANS ARE VERMIN IN THE EYES OF MORBO!

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:35 AM

lol. cant believe my forum post about changing fighter compliments led to a sub-mod

not taking credit or anything, since you were probably already doing your own modding

i might give it a shot when i get a chance.

that said, not sure if its been brought up or if its possible or w/e, but i noticed you have two lines of VSD. are you making it so that the VSD-1 is separate from the VSD 3-4, or does it get its own line of upgrades, so thus becoming the VSD 1-1, 1-2, etc?

seems to me that you could still give it upgrades to its other systems not missile related, i.e. stronger guns or shields, better engines, upgraded fighters, etc.

figure that somewhere along the line, a VSD-1 was used to test out the various components, like the engines or whatever, so i think that would be kinda cool. and since you are technically then sharing upgrades, you can lower the cost of upgrading the individual ships since you are upgrading them for more classes

#45 Chih

Chih
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

I've removed the different lines of VSD's and ISD's in the version I am working on at the moment since the mod is now set in 18 BBY instead of 20 BBY. Originally I was planning on having clone-wars era VSD's and ISD's available for the GE.

And yes, I've been modding on/off for over a year now, but the interest the modding threads created made me want to upload my changes so others could try :)

#46 johnchm.10

johnchm.10

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

oh. oh well. i think it would have been cool to have a craft with the speed of a VSD 4 yet with 80 Heavy (Advanced) Concussion Missile Launchers.

one change im making is just to give small upgrades to certain fighter compliments. like going from T65B's to C's, or A4 Y-wings to S3. nothing too extreme.

oh, separate change, which might be canonical. im not sure if you did this, since i literally just now downloaded your sub-mod, but in my modifications, i gave Mon Monthma a Mk2 or better Dreadnought. i figure that being the Chief of State, her Ship would be a bit more powerful than a standard Dreadnought. and since the Mk. 2 was somewhat common, that i would start from there.

im also going to likely increase the initial treasury for the campaign. 

#47 Chih

Chih
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

Version I'm working on now has changed quite a lot from the one I uploaded a few weeks back. I should probably check notes, but I recall having tweaked the T65B to be almost as powerful as the T65C to provide a more canonical experience. So upgrading to the T65C through XML may not be necessary. Either way, T65B's are definitely better in the current version. All newer Alliance ships (but still Rebellion Era) are also going to have S3's instead of A4 Y-wings. But yeah, that is not yet in the version up here.

I have been upgrading hero ships one at a time, but it will take a while before I release the next version if I upgrade all (not only as in new marks, but as in custom hardpoints, shields, speeds etc.) But yes, Mon Mothma should definitely have a well modified dreadnaught class cruiser. The complement that the dreadnaught carries should also be a good squadron.

Edited by Chih, 07 June 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#48 johnchm.10

johnchm.10

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

oh. ill run through the campaign then with nothing more than additional initial funding to see what everything has then

a few other suggestions i have

some of the heroes like Yularan, Obi Wan, etc, pretty much heroes from the Clone Wars, could do well from having even small capital ships from that era, like Acclamators, Dreadnoughts, CR90's, etc.i figure that in Yularan's case, a former Admiral and a Colonel in the Imperial Security Bureau would be afforded his own conveyance.

#49 Chih

Chih
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

I don't think Obi Wan should have a capital ship. But Yularen could maybe have a well upgraded Venator :)

#50 johnchm.10

johnchm.10

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

You don't have to give obi wan a large ship. I'd feel fine with him having a corvette to a light cruiser.

#51 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Well Kenobi is often portrayed as having a Venator, so prehaps have him start out with a light ship, but have the ability to upgrade to a Venator later on in the tech tree.

Playing PR when stoned is awesome

#52 Admiral_Lennox

Admiral_Lennox
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

I don't really see a reason for Kenobi to have a capital ship at all. Yes, he did use some during the Clone Wars, but ever since the Rise of the Empire he's been sitting in a hut on an insignificant Outer Rim dustball. Somehow I doubt he has a light cruiser in his basement. 

#53 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

I don't really see a reason for Kenobi to have a capital ship at all. Yes, he did use some during the Clone Wars, but ever since the Rise of the Empire he's been sitting in a hut on an insignificant Outer Rim dustball. Somehow I doubt he has a light cruiser in his basement. 

True, that is a good point.

Hmmm, well I could see his having Grevious's fighter stashed somewhere on Tatooine.
Prehaps give him a series of modifications to upgrade the fighter so it stays relevent at higher tech levels.

#54 johnchm.10

johnchm.10

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:53 PM

http://starwars.wiki...ki/Soulless_One

tbh, i lost track of it. apparently this is what happened

"The Soulless One remained in the Sundered Heart's docking bay until Kenobi used it to reach Nar Shaddaa, with the infant Luke Skywalker. There, the Jedi Master sold the starfighter for passage to the Tatoo system."

#55 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:49 AM

Well that solves that.

#56 Chih

Chih
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

I will have a one to two week break from modding until I am done with the Eurocup in War of the Roses :)

After that I hope to finish the next version quickly!

#57 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

Well time for me to read back thru the thread for the most recent version and DL that I guess.

#58 johnchm.10

johnchm.10

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

ok, so i played it for a bit, and heres what i have to say.

good job on your improvements. most of it i have no problem with

my only gripes are that some things are expensive and time consuming to build and upgrade. and i feel that the Alliance should start off with more than a handful of corvettes. something like a light cruiser or a Dreadnought. 

i know i can mod these, and i will, one i get around to it

unless you can tell me where to go and what to type to alter the starting upgrades you have (not the starting fleets.), so i can start with C-model X-wings, AF4 Headhunters, etc, and not have to do research to get to those models.

oh, and if you can also tell me where to go to turn off the "death star being built option" that would be awesome. is this normal, or no?

heres my little wishlist for this sub-mod, although i guess you could apply much of it to the whole mod

different times at which you can have a GFFA campaign. so you can have one in 20 BBY, 10 BBY, 0BBY, 10 ABY, etc. with the holdings and technologies modded to reflect this

an easier way to mod these xmls. im using notepad++ and it seems to take forever to tweak your mods, lol

Buildable ISD and VSD 1/2's for Alliance/New Republic. you can make them only buildable from the No. 5 yard, or have them be very expensive, but i feel it would be worth it, and somewhat canon. the New Republic captured or built several over the years so its not too non-canon.

a little guide on how to mod for this. so its like "this is how to make a ship be able to be used by a different faction" or "these are the conversion ratios from the numbers used in the XML's to MGLT or SBD, etc" or "this is how to make a unique craft buildable", or "this is how to modify the craft" etc.

as an aside, what changes did you make to the T65B? i wrote down the in-game stats for both the PR and the PR-E versions and it says they are identical. unless you missed the encyclopedia entry

my main reason for switching over to the C-model mainly stems from X-wing Alliance. My X-wings should fly at 100 MGLT, dammit, lol

#59 Chih

Chih
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

my only gripes are that some things are expensive and time consuming to build and upgrade. and i feel that the Alliance should start off with more than a handful of corvettes. something like a light cruiser or a Dreadnought. 
i know i can mod these, and i will, one i get around to it

No need to! Next version will likely be released in a few weeks, the whole campaign is redesigned, starting planets and starting fleets completely different from the current.

unless you can tell me where to go and what to type to alter the starting upgrades you have (not the starting fleets.), so i can start with C-model X-wings, AF4 Headhunters, etc, and not have to do research to get to those models.

Well, I have definitely forgotten the tooltip for the X-wing, so thanks for pointing that out! Speed is fixed atleast in the latest version I got. But as said, I can't remember if I've done that for this release. It should say the following in the T-65B part in the X-wing unit file if it is updated:

<SpaceUnit Name="T_65B_X_wing_Starfighter">

<Variant_Of_Existing_Type>T_65A_X_wing_Starfighter</Variant_Of_Existing_Type>

<Text_ID>TEXT_UNIT_T-65B_X-WING_STARFIGHTER</Text_ID>
<Encyclopedia_Text>TEXT_UNIT_T-65B_X-WING_STARFIGHTER_TOOLTIP</Encyclopedia_Text>

<Max_Rate_Of_Turn>2.5</Max_Rate_Of_Turn>
<Max_Rate_Of_Roll>2.5</Max_Rate_Of_Roll>

<Max_Speed>6.25</Max_Speed>
<Min_Speed>2.0833</Min_Speed>
<Max_Thrust>1.0</Max_Thrust>
<OverrideAcceleration>0.033333</OverrideAcceleration>
<OverrideDeceleration>0.033333</OverrideDeceleration>

<Shield_Points>50</Shield_Points>

</SpaceUnit>

Z-95's are AF4 in the next version, not in the one uploaded here.

oh, and if you can also tell me where to go to turn off the "death star being built option" that would be awesome. is this normal, or no?

Yeah, it is normal for now but a feature I may remove. Currently it takes a long time for the DS to be built, in the future possibly even longer.

heres my little wishlist for this sub-mod, although i guess you could apply much of it to the whole mod

different times at which you can have a GFFA campaign. so you can have one in 20 BBY, 10 BBY, 0BBY, 10 ABY, etc. with the holdings and technologies modded to reflect this

Definitely something I will think about when the time comes :)

an easier way to mod these xmls. im using notepad++ and it seems to take forever to tweak your mods, lol

Can't help you here ^^

Buildable ISD and VSD 1/2's for Alliance/New Republic. you can make them only buildable from the No. 5 yard, or have them be very expensive, but i feel it would be worth it, and somewhat canon. the New Republic captured or built several over the years so its not too non-canon.

Possible that this will happen at some point. But not one of the immediate changes I plan :)

a little guide on how to mod for this. so its like "this is how to make a ship be able to be used by a different faction" or "these are the conversion ratios from the numbers used in the XML's to MGLT or SBD, etc" or "this is how to make a unique craft buildable", or "this is how to modify the craft" etc.

Well, I don't really do anything different than what is already available on the internet. I've learned myself just by experimenting with stuff, and by reading up. I'm no master at modding EAW :)

as an aside, what changes did you make to the T65B? i wrote down the in-game stats for both the PR and the PR-E versions and it says they are identical. unless you missed the encyclopedia entry
my main reason for switching over to the C-model mainly stems from X-wing Alliance. My X-wings should fly at 100 MGLT, dammit, lol

The changes are basically just that the gap in difference between the T65B and T65C are extremely small. The upgrade costs reflect this as well. My main reason for this change is the same as yours, and to make the X-wing the iconic fighter for the Alliance that is a considerably better choice over the Z-95 and R-41.

#60 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

Been testing the build on page one of the thread (without the fix, as I can't get that site to let me download the file for some reason).

So far, VERY pleasant.

First I did a skirmish map, and other than a few repair tugs (rebellion) and a pair of Y-wings and barloz's to supplement my carrier based fighters, that was all I needed to build the entire map.

It made the craft launched by the carriers so much more useful due to the speed increases, and made the whole process so much more pleasant.

As for GC mode, playing a Rebellion GFFA map currently.

The Starchaser shines as I opted to not build a space research station on Dantooine, forcing me to actually rely on my starting vessels for a longer period.
It's concussion missle payload doesn't do too much damage against large targets compared to the Y-Wing, but is enough to be moderately useful in some engagements.

The starting Y-wing also does quite well, not being as gimped as the stock PR starting Y-wing, without being quite too powerful.
It's not that useful in dogfights, but not horrible, and it's quite nasty against most of the smaller capital ships that CAN target it as long as you have a moderate number of squadrons.

The Corellion Corvette also gets a new level of usefulness, as it's turbolasers now have enough range for it's speed to become a major asset, and the increased sensor range is also quite appropriate and useful.

As for ground combat, liking the overhaul at the starting tech level.

The LAAT being added to the rebel tech tree is also very appropriate given the era, in addition to being useful on the battlefield without being too over powered.

Also the mod seems to be running a LOT smoother than it stock PR.

As for suggestions and ideas, obviously only played the rebel side so far, so only suggestions for them.

-increase the starting ships a little bit, Dantooine doesn't build much and the Rebellion possessing a few medium sized capital ships makes good sense I think.
In essence, it gives them a small fleet, but one which they cannot replace for quite some time.

Anyway I'll post more as I advance in the tech tree.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users