Real life counterparts?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Bobby-Wan Kenobi

Bobby-Wan Kenobi
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

How about the Topol-M? It is an ICBM from what I heard I think. But in real life it exists.

No, people were complaining why are the Soviets using a Topol-M instead of an ICBM (Which is bigger)

Topol-M IS an ICBM  :whatoa:

They were complaining it's Voxel wasn't as big as the Nuclear Silo or holding a missile same size as the Nuclear Silo. At least thats what I see people were nit picking about. Or that the Topol-M doesn't have 20+ Wheels

Yeah, it looks a bit silly, but I don't care. It serves its purpose. To be an ICBM capable of firing almost everywhere in the world.

#22 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

I think the Topol-M is just a placeholder for now, or it should be. Their size, and that they did not flee from the allied forces (being mobile platforms afterall) just don't make sense. Also, a 100% real vehicle just doesn't fit in this game IMO.

They should be replaced with large nuclear silos or something.

Edited by Divine, 23 December 2013 - 01:04 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#23 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

I think the Topol-M is just a placeholder for now, or it should be. Their size, and that they did not flee from the allied forces (being mobile platforms afterall) just don't make sense. Also, a 100% real vehicle just doesn't fit in this game IMO.

How+About+No.jpg

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#24 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

Topol_M_2005.jpg

To you, should it be mobile enough to quickly turn and escape from incoming forces? There won't be a placeholder, don't even think about it, Soviets were manufacturing mobile platforms, not the Silos like Americans.

Edited by Martinoz, 23 December 2013 - 01:27 PM.

7fqd2Qz.png

#25 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

Topol_M_2005.jpg

To you, should it be mobile enough to quickly turn and escape from incoming forces? There won't be a placeholder, don't even think about it, Soviets were manufacturing mobile platforms, not the Silos like Americans.

It seems mobile enough to escape to a better defended palce, provided that someone is being a meatshiled for it covering its retreat. Forget the stationary silo then, but I still think the Topol-M should be replaced with something... bigger. I think the launching platform could be a train-like thing, with a large cart acting as a launcher, possibly linked to more, anti-air, troop compartment etc carts, all on a rail ofc, not on the ground.

Edited by Divine, 23 December 2013 - 02:55 PM.

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron

#26 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

If Topol-M "doesn't fit", what about Buratino, Wolfhound, SEAL and even Abrams? Shouldn't they all be removed, since they all exist in real life?

And what with Aircraft Carriers and Battleship? Look at their scale, they're tiny compared to tanks when they should be about 10 times (if not more) larger, yet so far noone complained. Some structures ingame also have a weird scale compared to tanks and infantry (Morocco/desert stuff comes to mind), yet still it's Topol-M that gets spotted, despite being very big compared to other units, and reasonably scaled too.

Edited by mevitar, 23 December 2013 - 03:19 PM.

ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#27 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

Okay, meviar, you have a point there. But I still think an armored train with a launching platform would fit the game's funky style more.

#28 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert - Colony Wars
  •  Colony Wars Hive Mind

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:48 PM

Okay, meviar, you have a point there. But I still think an armored train with a launching platform would fit the game's funky style more.

Making Player-Owned Trains are a bad bad bad idea and is like inviting weird bugs to knock on your doorstep.

~ Getting cringe reactions when you see a RAINBOW means you have issues. ~

"This World is an Illussion,Exile" -High Templar Dominus

#29 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

Actually that would be interesting to see, having trains on the levels like in Tiberian Sun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users