Photo

Mentoring Market - Become a better player!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Great to see you Fishy =)

Enoji, I hope you manage to meet fishy at some common time!

-->  http://forums.revora...y-fishy-eneoji/

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#22 Amateur`Hour

Amateur`Hour
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

Teach me fish

#23 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

Guess you want to help as well? ;)

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#24 Fishy

Fishy
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

Amateur Hour is Strider and he is just fat american troll and I dont share my pro tips with such noobs :p

#25 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#26 PyroJack

PyroJack
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

I'd like to register as a Mentee

I'm a fairly able player who was pretty active for quite a while on the old EA server. 
I've never been that great at 1vs1's or 2vs2's though, as I haven't really bothered learning the specific strategies for the different army and map setups. I'd love to get to a level where I could participate in clan wars and server tournaments. 

Also in turn i'd be happy to mentor the basics to anyone very new, or some more comprehensive 3vs3 and 4vs4 stuff.

Thanks Guys.

Jack

#27 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

damnit, I have enough trouble with you ingame already :p

#28 PyroJack

PyroJack
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

Haha :) Watch your back Revora

#29 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

PyroJack, IlPrincipino will be helping you out! Im sure Ill have no chance in no time anymore ;)

--> http://forums.revora...ipino-pyrojack/

Edited by ICT, 01 February 2014 - 07:44 PM.

#30 GhostOfDurin

GhostOfDurin
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

I'd like to apply as a mentor. I prefer 1v1 on large maps. I have tons of time on weekends but not as much during weekdays due to school. Soon my weekend schedule will go down and weekdays will go up in summer due to my new job and school going out.  I am not as good as I'd like to be at early game speed wise. I start up very slow in the beginning, but am a lot better at late game. I prefer someone who needs more help with late game than early, but am flexible with early or late depending on skill level.I have been playing BFME off and on for the past 1 1/2 years.

#31 TheBlackRanger

TheBlackRanger
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

Hi, I'm new to this, played my first online game two days ago

I'd like someone to teach me some basics, or just play a couple of games together.

I can be online most days during the evening (I live in Belgium, so that's the greenwich +1 timezone)

Let me know if you're interested! 

#32 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:45 PM

Hi, I'm new to this, played my first online game two days ago

I'd like someone to teach me some basics, or just play a couple of games together.

I can be online most days during the evening (I live in Belgium, so that's the greenwich +1 timezone)

Let me know if you're interested! 

Hey,

I think we've met online. Just text me there and we can go through some basics ;).

Cheers

#33 oihn

oihn
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:40 PM

First of all i want to thank all of the guys who made this new online platform! Its just awesome to finally play online again. I would love to get some tipps. I recently started playing online and had my first game today. Is there any chance to get some replay reviews or stategie advice? Will there be another Mentoring Program?

#34 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:32 PM

My best tip is to come online and speak to others, watching your own replays and those of others to see what they do. Think about why they do it and try to find even better ways.

Browse our bfme1 forums and you will find eg the commentated tournament replays and more.

#35 Mat Cauthon

Mat Cauthon
  • Validating E-Mail
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:07 PM

Is there anyway I can get a mentor?

#36 Dunedain'

Dunedain'
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:26 AM

Hi i can help you 

my skill level is Good

if you have gameranger , give me your gr id or we can also practice on server 

you can ask me questions 

#37 Mat Cauthon

Mat Cauthon
  • Validating E-Mail
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:57 PM

Hi i can help you 

my skill level is Good

you can ask me questions 

Awesome ive watched your games before! I have gameranger but im not sure how to use it so I prefer the t3a server, my username is dm12f. I have pretty flexible hours so just let me know when you're on. I'm having trouble with mordor vs gondor/rohan, I can't seem to defend my mills AND creep so my first troll is always too slow. should I try haradrim? also how many trolls w/ rocks does it take to scare gandy away? do I need a drummer as well?

#38 Dunedain'

Dunedain'
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:46 AM

Hi i can help you 

my skill level is Good

you can ask me questions 

Awesome ive watched your games before! I have gameranger but im not sure how to use it so I prefer the t3a server, my username is dm12f. I have pretty flexible hours so just let me know when you're on. I'm having trouble with mordor vs gondor/rohan, I can't seem to defend my mills AND creep so my first troll is always too slow. should I try haradrim? also how many trolls w/ rocks does it take to scare gandy away? do I need a drummer as well?

hmm it would be good if u upload your replay 

like every decent player always wall cheak [it would be good if u can cheak its mordor or rohan but np] 

If enemy is Fol then take your 2nd mill with gollum and 1st mill with orc , send 1 orc at middle and gollum at down so u can cheak where the soldiers or peasants coming from , attack Soldiers/peasants With your gollum  while they coming. don't fight till u get 3 orcs , don't take eye or land , fight for while if he dont use land then use eye if he use land then cover land with your land if hes rohan than maybe he will send more peasants so  u can always use your labs around map. if u defend 1st attack well then u can directly go for trolls without harads but imo harads is best choice after u able to defend 1st attack then use gollum and 2 orcs for creep 1 warg pit u will able to get creep and money as well , use harad to creep others liars , improve your economy while making harads eco is always important , enemy will always try to harash your mills even your base so always make 4 towers when u realize 1st horse if out , u can go soldeirs of rhun than nazgul or trolls after 2 harads or more , use orcs only for creeping , i will share some mordor replays cheak it out and share your mordor replays here so i can tell your mistakes 

if u make trolls remember! u always need drummer! just troll spam don't attack gondor  when he has gtw till u get wk  , use 3-4 trolls with rock [ use drummer ld always] and 2 trolls with trees , always delete towers in time so he wont be able to get any exp  

Attached Files

Edited by Dunedain', 08 February 2016 - 10:49 AM.

#39 Mat Cauthon

Mat Cauthon
  • Validating E-Mail
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:29 PM

Hi i can help you 

my skill level is Good

you can ask me questions 

what I meant was I know players have their trolls grab rocks so gandy cant use spells on them, how many trolls does it take with rocks to kill gandalf when he casts a spell, and does a drummer need to be with them too?

#40 Dunedain'

Dunedain'
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:21 AM

Hi i can help you 

my skill level is Good

you can ask me questions 

what I meant was I know players have their trolls grab rocks so gandy cant use spells on them, how many trolls does it take with rocks to kill gandalf when he casts a spell, and does a drummer need to be with them too?

i Think with 3-4  Rock trolls with eye  + drum can kill level 5-6 gandalf , with wk + eye + drum 3 rock troll can kill 5-6 level gtw and with , and with darkness + eye + wk + drum 2 rock troll is enough 

but imo if u r gondor and if u want to harash mordor trolls just keep running near trolls Till he use rock then u can use spells on them but u need good micro for gandalf remember!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users