• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Lexx2k

Lexx2k
  • Members
  • 133 posts
  • Projects:BTCOD Mission Pack

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:28 AM

No idea. I would probably draw inspiration from the game Trapped Dead. Last time I checked, it resembled the later Commandos games a bit.

#42 Frank514

Frank514
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Projects:Commandos zombie invasion

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

Interesting, recently checked that game and it really has a good concept idea of gameplay, but i think cannot be adapted to commandos in the same way, what im doing is add a simple zombie invasion atmosphere to commandos missions...

#43 Salvadorc17

Salvadorc17

title available

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • Projects:Destination Norway

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:14 PM

Zombies in commandos looks weird, i think will not the best idea....

#44 Lexx2k

Lexx2k
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

Version 2.149 is available on ModDB now.

The changelog has grown quite big over the time:

UPDATE #2: 28.04.2014
Mission Cold Landing:
- Tweaked soldier placement.

Mission Panzerzug:
- Added: All tents are accessible now.
- Fixed: Object and sector issues.
- Upgraded map visuals and

Mission Heavy Hands:
- Added: Telephone to the north and south of the map.
- Added: All tents are accessible now.
- Minor graphic tweaks and

Mission Hammerfall:
- Added: Destructible buildings.
- Added: Rain weather effect
- Fixed: The train now stops at the station now every turn
- Upgraded map visuals and layout.

Mission Lights Out:
- Fixed: A small, but annoying sector issue.
- Fixed: A tiny graphic issue.
- Upgraded map visuals and layout.

Generic changes:
- Added: Tool-tips for mission objectives in all maps.
- Added: Music tracks from Commandos 2 and 3.
- Added: New SDKFZ 3 vehicle graphic.
- Added: New bonus mission.
- Added: New character hotkey system.
- Adjusted the inventory set of the Commandos (only the Driver and Sapper have handcuffs now).

Some previews of the map changes:
screen03.thumb.png screen05.thumb.png screen06.thumb.png

I actually really like the rain effect. It looks good and gives the map a special unique touch. Also I think that the detail changes in the other maps are for good too. By now I feel like most of them are pretty much finished in a final kind of way. I've got a new map in the works too, but I am not sure when and if it will see the light of the day as well... really depends on my motivation in the future. In any case I wouldn't bet on it anytime soon.

Oh, and I've also worked a little bit on the installer while I had the time, made it more pretty and stuff...

ur8HnH.png

Edited by Lexx2k, 28 April 2014 - 07:50 PM.

#45 xelono

xelono
  • Members
  • 46 posts
  • Projects:Commandos: Sniper Elite (BCD mod)
  •  http://xelonostudios.wixsite.com/commandosmods

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

:thumbsupcool:

#46 wyel2000

wyel2000
  • Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:12 AM

good job!    :thumbsuphappy:

#47 mimi89

mimi89
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:28 PM

Something's not right. BCD mission pack works. BCD Mission Pack v1.1, v2.149, does not work. Both installer misiones.dat 0 bits and msvcr100.dll error. Thanks for the work.

#48 Lexx2k

Lexx2k
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

See of your WAR_MP.dir file has been extracted. If not, then something went wrong with the installation. Also, did you point the installer to the correct game path?

Edited by Lexx2k, 01 May 2014 - 04:42 PM.

#49 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:49 PM

I finished all missions and I must say I enjoyed a lot, great work!  :thumbsupcool:

I only found 2 problems. In the bonus mission with natacha I didnt find the train driver. I killed every soldiers without alarm and then could not finish the mission.

And also in the mission with sapper, green beret and spy. I destroyed the big cannon and the building but when I escape in the car the mission fail because I didnt complet the objetives.

#50 Lexx2k

Lexx2k
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:56 PM

The train conductor is walking around near the building in the center. Every once in a while he moves into the house and will stay there for a while before coming out again. If you activate the alarm, he will walk into the house and stay there forever (I can't change this, it's hardcodet in the engine). I might change the mission objective in the next patch, so I won't have to deal with this problem anymore.

Can you show me screenshots of where you placed the explosives in the Karl Gerät mission? It might be a problem related to the explode radius- depending on where you place the explosives it *could* influence if the objective is marked as completed or not.

#51 Salvadorc17

Salvadorc17

title available

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • Projects:Destination Norway

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:13 AM

Glad to see youre making fixes, but you will add new missionss?

#52 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:11 PM

nlycmx.jpg

#53 Lexx2k

Lexx2k
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:16 PM

Yes, that's way too far on the left of the ammunition depot. Put it more close to the front area (close to the door) or on the rooftop, that should trigger the objective in any case. Now that also shows me that the mission objective is a bit badly worded too. I'll see how I can fix this in the future.

By the way, that screenshot isn't from the latest version (2.149). You should try that one, as it fixes quite a huge amount of stuff in all maps.

Edited by Lexx2k, 02 May 2014 - 07:19 PM.

#54 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:06 PM

Ok, I think these is the problem, maybe I downloaded an old version. Thanks for the help and continue creating more missions.

#55 mimi89

mimi89
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:50 PM

Thanks for the game. If I delete Ddraw.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcr100.dll works. 
We are waiting for new missions.

#56 Lexx2k

Lexx2k
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:14 PM

Accidentally shredded my hdd, which resulted in many, many lost files. I've lost all my source files among other stuff, and the result is, that I am not going to make new missions anytime soon. :>

Don't know when / if I am going to work on it again, as I've pretty much lost a huge amount of time to the nothingness now.

#57 Mike_HDF

Mike_HDF
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:58 AM

Accidentally shredded my hdd, which resulted in many, many lost files. I've lost all my source files among other stuff, and the result is, that I am not going to make new missions anytime soon. :>

Don't know when / if I am going to work on it again, as I've pretty much lost a huge amount of time to the nothingness now.

Sorry to hear/read that. Your mod is very good and I enjoyed playing it.

I would like to say about the bonus mission that I found the problem with the "train conductor": there's not a "LEXX_CONDUCTOR.MAC" file in the "DATOS\MISIONES\" folder so it never appears on the map.

I fixed it copying the "GUARDA.MAC" and renaming it to "LEXX_CONDUCTOR.MAC", then I changed the line ".TIP GUAR" for ".TIP LX09".

I hope it helps :thumbsuphappy:

#58 Lexx2k

Lexx2k
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

Thanks for pointing this out for me. It's just a single missing file and I couldn't see it on my installation.... I've put together a small Hotfix and uploaded it here: http://www.advexx.de...ndos/Hotfix.rar

It's a bit strange to suddenly get a bit attention again. For months I've heard nothing about any Commandos stuff. :>

Sorry again, issue should be fixed now. If not, please tell me and I'll look into it again. It just sucks a bit, because I have to setup my working pipeline again, which includes getting back all my files / working directories that got send to the abyss in the further above mentioned incident of file loss...

Edited by Lexx2k, 03 January 2015 - 10:50 AM.

#59 Mike_HDF

Mike_HDF
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:08 AM

Thank you for the fix.

I was replaying the game recently and searched for mods so I found yours. I'm late on the scene, I suppose  :grin:.

At least your mod works great and the only problem was the missing macro, with Playing BEL on BCD I'm spending a lot more time fixing the missions than playing (I like coding too, so I'm having fun anyway,... well, when it works  :laugh:).

(Sorry if my english is bad)

#60 Jeroen

Jeroen
  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • Projects:Commandos BEL är bara smörja.

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:30 PM

It's a bit strange to suddenly get a bit attention again. For months I've heard nothing about any Commandos stuff.

Because people who lose files generally lose interest as well. ;) But not in your case I understand. Good luck getting your files back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users