#61 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:05 AM

Finally... all done, and ready for rigging. 3200 polies - about the same as the vanilla EA giants (according to ZBrush calculations).

06cc200605b9a6584528f40e302e899d.jpg

137831ba1a934183a4ef38bd73366b86.jpg

It is modeled to fit the Treebeard SKL, so I'm planing to use the falling leaves, changed into small stones, when walking/moving. Combined with serious dust FX it's hopefully gonna look rather cool =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#62 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:03 AM

It already looks rather cool. love this new model! cant wait for the new goodies to hit our private beta

#63 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:27 AM

That's really good retopologization. Is that really 3200 polies?

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#64 HeadClot88

HeadClot88
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Projects:Unannounced UE4 Project

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:52 AM

Just curious what books is that in the Original Post?

#65 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:55 AM

WETA's The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Chronicles: Art & Design. You can't get them from WETA anymore, but book retailers like Waterstone's have them in store.

#66 HeadClot88

HeadClot88
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:57 AM

WETA's The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Chronicles: Art & Design. You can't get them from WETA anymore, but book retailers like Waterstone's have them in store.

Thank you :)

I am probably going to pick this up if I can.

#67 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:12 AM

There's also one for An Unexpected Journey, and presumably an accompaniment for the next film as well. Also, get a profile picture :)

#68 HeadClot88

HeadClot88
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:18 AM

There's also one for An Unexpected Journey, and presumably an accompaniment for the next film as well. Also, get a profile picture :)

Thanks for the heads up on the book.

I have also updated my Avatar :)

#69 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

I really love your re-imagination of this model. This is an absolutely fantastic piece! Wonderful man! Let's see it rigged up now.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#70 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:39 AM

Thanks guys, glad you like it!

NJM: As soon as I have it rigged, I will code it in game, so you guys can see it in the private beta =)

Irene: Yes indeed it is 3200 polies (according to ZBrush). The texture is probably what makes it look very high res ^^

Kwen: Hehe well, I just tried to replicate Weta's design. With some luck, it will be rigged soon ;)

And to ya all, I'm glad some of you gave constructive critizism about my previous giant, that turned out more like a golem. That critique is what led to this model and I agree, it's much better than the other one =)

Edited by Nazgûl, 07 July 2014 - 01:39 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#71 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:03 AM

Awesome, Just a reminder to keep copies of your edited files before you update, just in case Ive edited something that you have also edited. only goblin stuff Ive edited are the buildings, specifcally the placement view angle - which affects how the building is facing on build plots and the command set.ini and command button.

#72 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

Oh, thanks for the heads up... I haven't touched the buildings in a long time though, so that shouldn't be a problem. You mean the placement view angle for the BSE files?

Howe come you needed to edit those?

Edited by Nazgûl, 09 July 2014 - 11:48 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#73 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:05 AM

Nope not the bse files. Just the individual building ini files. Basically I had to edit the placement view angle to align the building with the arrow on the build plot object in wb. This way when I put the plots on the maps I can be sure the building will spit its units out in the proper direction rather than into buildings around it.

#74 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

This indeed looks neat. :p

#75 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:26 PM

Sounds great NJM! Good call :)

Thanks Val. Coming from a great modeler like you, I take it as a compliment indeed ^^

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#76 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

YAY! Finally it's rigged!  :thumbsuphappy: The Treebeard SKL works like a charm, so thanks you guys that suggested that instead of the EA Giant SKL which would be too organic... SOrry about the video quality. I don't know how to capture that good. The video is grainy and jerky. In the W3D viewer, the model is perfectly fluent in all anims =)

SEE Weta Stone Giant video

Edited by Nazgûl, 22 August 2014 - 04:15 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#77 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:37 PM

Sorry to see that all the images I uploaded in this topic is gone  :evilthinkin: Damn free servers  :flameblast:

Anyways... Whilst waiting for help to rig my final models, I finnaly got one of the new models coded into game. I'm quite rusty at this, so it takes time and is still WiP. But so far I have:

- Scaled them (size & geometry) to be really huge, but not all completely out of game proportion (see screen).

- Adjusted (slowed down) speed of anims and made new FX for walking such as noise, dust or water splashes, footprints and severe camera shakes.

- Scaled new projectile (rock) to exact match and made new and bigger impact FX the same way.

Still to do (and atm not sure how to):

- Change the current OCL summon spawn, to the same way an ent grows from the ground...

- Check why they are not crushing trees etc while walking/moving?

- Adjust bezier curve of thrown rock.

- Adjust turning anims.

But, it's great to see my models in game for the first time  :thumbsupcool: (Besides the edited Moria Orcs off course)

Stone_Giants_SEE_ingame.jpg

Edited by Nazgûl, 11 April 2015 - 11:19 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#78 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:51 PM

- Change the current OCL summon spawn, to the same way an ent grows from the ground...

I'd say see if the ents use some sort of special animation or whatever for it :p

- Check why they are not crushing trees etc while walking/moving?

Think it might have to do with the crush weapon, or their 'crushing level', compare it to siege weapons :)

- Adjust bezier curve of thrown rock.

Sounds like a weapon thing :p

(So yea check the weapon code)

- Adjust turning anims.

Not entirely sure what you want to tweak here though :p

Although there are a few things that matter there, its either the locomoter or the animation code i suppose :p

Ridder Geel

#79 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:25 PM

1) That's what I'm trying to do... but no luck so far.

2) The codes seem fine. I have the same crusher levels as Balrog, and the geomtry is scaled in the same percentage as the Scale of the model. It should work?

3) The bezier is (afaik) only set in the object ini of the rock. I have this, but the rock still starts WAY above the giant when released... no matter how I set "FirstHeight"?

But maybe it's not set in the bezier... It's like the scaling of the model (3.0 from Treeberd SKL), has displaced the bone that releases the rock?

Behavior = BezierProjectileBehavior ModuleTag_03 ; Module starts asleep, and wakes up when thrown.
  	DetonateCallsKill = Yes
  	FirstHeight = 8				; Height of Bezier control points above highest intervening terrain
  	SecondHeight = 0
  	FirstPercentIndent	= 30% ;43%	; Percentage of shot distance control points are placed
  	SecondPercentIndent = 86%
  	PreLandingStateTime = 1000
  	PreLandingEmotion = DOOM
  	PreLandingEmotionRadius = 100.0 //20.0
  End

4) When turning, the anim freezez (after I slowed it down with added Distance)? So the model turn, but stiff...

Animation           = Walk
				AnimationName     = RUTreeberd_TRNL 
				AnimationMode     = LOOP
				AnimationSpeedFactorRange = 1.1 1.1
				Distance = 100	;Added for SEE!
			End

Edited by Nazgûl, 11 April 2015 - 11:47 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#80 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:47 AM

MTL has given me some good audio of the stone giants smashing and rock creaking noises associated with their movements. I can probably dice a bunch of them up for ya. Not sure where we are repoing the mod though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users