• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 stankan

stankan
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

COMMANDOS HD Project

This project aims to restore the old Commandos saga to date with HD resolution and textures compatible with DirectX11 dll. All bugs with modern operating systems will be solved and a new exciting experience equal to the original game will be guaranteed. Progress will be published on the official page. Please consider making a symbolic donation to support the project that requires many hours of effort, thank you.

COMMANDOS 1 HD Project forum page: LINK

COMMANDOS 2 HD Project forum page: LINK

COMMANDOS 3 HD Project forum page: LINK

Edited by stankan, 08 June 2017 - 04:18 PM.

#2 johremor

johremor
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:11 PM

What the hell donate for a mod?. Looks like most is just copied from bel on bcd mod...

I like cheese

#3 stankan

stankan
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:23 AM

What the hell donate for a mod?. Looks like most is just copied from bel on bcd mod...

My mod is a free project. You can download and play it for free. Now I edit the graphics of each mission of BEL and BTCOD (they are not a copy) and port them to commandos 2 engine. I'm trying to make them more similar as possible to the original game because the resemblance to BEL is crucial for me. The option to donate is not a claim. You are unconstrained to do that (if you like what I do) or not.

#4 milo298

milo298
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:25 AM

My mod is a free project. You can download and play it for free. Now I edit the graphics of each mission of BEL and BTCOD (they are not a copy) and port them to commandos 2 engine. I'm trying to make them more similar as possible to the original game because the resemblance to BEL is crucial for me. The option to donate is not a claim. You are unconstrained to do that (if you like what I do) or not.

hey brother,

is it possible for you to team up with the original devloper? i have also contacted him for the same

btw I'm unable to play your virsion getting the 'the application was unable to start error'

I'm new to this, is it a standalone or a mod for steam virsion?

but, excellent job, screensots looks awesome.

thank you for all the efforts

Edited by milo298, 29 June 2017 - 10:26 AM.

#5 Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68

Stalking in the shadows

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

@milo298 basically yip, at first you need the legit CDs with game already installed in order have crash-proof experience. Any game edition, whether being Steam distribution, or retail disk will do. Uncertain about GOG builds, as ones use modified engine settings for added Windows compatibility. I run original CD and huh, have no problems to date anyway!

comm-boot-camp-promo-revora-join-us-co.p

<<< CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO DO SO >>>

#6 Salvadorc17

Salvadorc17

title available

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • Projects:Destination Norway

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:13 PM

We need more HD missions, BTCOD will be really good in HD version..

#7 AndrewT

AndrewT
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:35 AM

So, basically, after all 3 HD projects are finished, all missions from C2, C3DB, C1BEL and C1BTCOD will be playable in widescreen and high resolution under a tweaked C2?

#8 stankan

stankan
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:57 AM

So, basically, after all 3 HD projects are finished, all missions from C2, C3DB, C1BEL and C1BTCOD will be playable in widescreen and high resolution under a tweaked C2?

Yes. This is valid for C1BEL and C1BCD missions (a demo is already playable). C2 has already been restored, you can play it. C3 will probably use the original graphics engine. If I encounter problems I will try to convert it to the C2 engine.

#9 Salvadorc17

Salvadorc17

title available

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:56 PM

Yes. This is valid for C1BEL and C1BCD missions (a demo is already playable). C2 has already been restored, you can play it. C3 will probably use the original graphics engine. If I encounter problems I will try to convert it to the C2 engine.

I do like the c1 in c2 mod, but why you removed c1 original engine, is not like you want to trash it for a remastered version..

#10 stankan

stankan
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:59 AM

The original commandos engine was not suitable for a hd conversion. I was able to run it under dx11 dll but there were too many framerate problems. Also, it was not possible to add new textures to maps or even music. Probably later I will release the classic version that I have edited but it will only be a problem-filled project.

#11 extraterrestial

extraterrestial
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:18 PM

How do I run this mod? I unzipped the files, do I replace the original ones with the modded ones? I can start the game from the unzipped folder, but when I start the mission I have black screen with only interface and enemy soldiers being displayed.

#12 stankan

stankan
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:06 AM

How do I run this mod? I unzipped the files, do I replace the original ones with the modded ones? I can start the game from the unzipped folder, but when I start the mission I have black screen with only interface and enemy soldiers being displayed.

Commandos 1 runs in standalone in any folder where it is extracted. Commandos 2 needs the original game installed and files must be overwritten.

#13 Salvadorc17

Salvadorc17

title available

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:43 PM

Commandos 1 runs in standalone in any folder where it is extracted. Commandos 2 needs the original game installed and files must be overwritten.

Please do a extra version that is actually Commandos 1 with HD graphics, not Commandos 1 mod into 2 engine, i like it, but you cant just trash the classic game.

#14 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:51 PM

There is a way to have multiple  commandos 2 installations, to do this, you need to make a copy of the original commandos 2 installation folder, then go to control panel, then uninstall programs, and uninstall the original commandos 2 install, after this, you can make multiple copies of the game.

Edited by SirRH, 18 August 2017 - 07:52 PM.

#15 Sammole

Sammole
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:44 AM

Hello, is this project still alive and under development?

#16 Lachesis580

Lachesis580
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:20 AM

Hi

Does anybody have a closer contact to stankan?

I write him a Email but no answer after almost 2 weeks. Here he is inactive too.

I hope he didn't give up with his HD Project because it's an awesome work.
I'm also working on a German patch which is  @ 90% for both C1 (including the visual changes stankan made) & C2

But atm i have a problem and i don't know if any Nvidia update or Windows update (Win10 64bit) was the reason, 
because now everytime if i want to start C1 OR C2 immediately this pops up:

LTfOzQh.png

Commandos BEL HD Project.exe or Commandos 2 HD Project.exe  has stopped working.

First i thought i made a mistake with my German patch so i started the untouched version but the same problem.

And in the "DXGI.log" i don't see any Errors. And i can't find any other log files.

76561197999726935.png

#17 Lwale

Lwale
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:26 AM

Hi Stankan

What is your process for cleaning up the environments? do you have a script or do you hand paint everything in to make it look nice? also how do you make the 3d models like the cars look cool too?

#18 Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68

Stalking in the shadows

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:29 AM

Until we heard again, this one project presumed dead, Lwale.Too much work invested, too much work lost in the sand.

#19 AndrewT

AndrewT
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:14 PM

Ever since it has been announced that the old Commandos episodes would receive official HD remasters, I wished that the developer/publisher contacted stankan. He figured out a way to recreate stuff in HD, so the devs don't have to, and with some official support he could have the chance to finish the job properly and soon and even get rewarded for it. I like to think that something like this could happen even these days. But I'm afraid at the same time, that stankan's hard work might be already abandoned, and the official remasters will lack the heart and soul.

#20 Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68

Stalking in the shadows

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:02 PM

Won't appeal to investors to publish fan-made portions in an official version, distributed by Steam/physical release.. I do understand where you are coming from. @AndrewT

Judge quality of remasters... too early to speculate on. We'll figure out when development studio goes announced. Right now... it could be every shit "production company". Even the same crap Pyro Mobile did, a remaster turned mobile app.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users