RA3 - Conn Failed 1-? Cannot Play After Update

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#21 The_Vision

The_Vision
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

Hi, I too have the same issue as dome_shot _dizzy, I can play 1v1 sometimes but never with more then 1 person in the lobby. Hope you find a fix soon as I need me some more 3v3 action !!! lol

p.s keep up the good work

#22 Ben Fernandez

Ben Fernandez
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:14 PM

wow the attitude of some people.

admins/revora volunteers please dont pay attention to the poeple badgering.

your work and deidcation is appreciated

#23 Dome_Shot_Dizzy

Dome_Shot_Dizzy
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:38 PM

Yea, I have to agree Ben.  It's tough when you can't play, but at the same time I can only imagine how many different issues a few guys are working on between all of the different games.  Can't be easy work.

#24 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:52 PM

Add to that some really busy RL situations, and you got it. ;)

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#25 Dome_Shot_Dizzy

Dome_Shot_Dizzy
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

Hey Mathijs, when you guys have a solution for this issue, will it be posted here or should I be looking somewhere else?  I have just been checking in on this post from time to time to see if there are any updates.  Thanks.

#26 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

Any and all server updates/fixes are announced on our FB page and the C&C:Online News subforum.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#27 Dome_Shot_Dizzy

Dome_Shot_Dizzy
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:49 AM

Logged into RA3 a couple times today and the crowd on there is looking pretty meager.  I'm starting to think this NATNEG server issue has impacted more people than originally thought.  I'm sure there are some like me hoping to get back online soon, but there will be some that will just give up waiting.  Here's to hoping for a solution soon!

#28 Dome_Shot_Dizzy

Dome_Shot_Dizzy
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:57 AM

Has any that could not play when this started had any luck being able to join a game?  #LosingHope

#29 The_Vision

The_Vision
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

Hi, I have had the same problems as you, I can play 1v1 most of the time but not 2v2 3v3 etc, until Tuesday when I played my first 2v2 ! not sure why but it worked fine. but nothing since then im affriad. I hope this gets fixed ASAP. I do however realise that people do this as a hobby for which we are ALL extremely grateful.

#30 Dome_Shot_Dizzy

Dome_Shot_Dizzy
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:20 AM

I was able to play a 1v1 once.  Whatever is causing it on the NATNEG server, it's not prohibiting you from playing.  Its just that it somehow makes it so your conn is really bad.   Even if you happen to get into a game, everyone else lags because of you.  I never had this problem prior to the last update and this server issue. 

#31 GBHmichael

GBHmichael
  • Project Team
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

It's strange. 95% of the time I fail connect to the players. But sometimes it does actually work, and it all runs perfectly smoothly with no lag or anything. And if I can connect to someone once, I can always connect to them whenever I try and vice versa.

#32 Dome_Shot_Dizzy

Dome_Shot_Dizzy
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:04 PM

I can play every now and then as well, but then there are those people who experience none of these problems at all and can play game after game.  It's not an internet bandwidth issue for me.  The fact that it does work every now and then is very odd.  It all started after the last update, so I'm hoping all of those people that know more about this than me can find a fix sometime soon.  I would think this would be one of the highest priorities due to the fact that I've already heard from a lot of people that this is impacting. 

#33 GBHmichael

GBHmichael
  • Project Team
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:45 PM

I agree that this should be a high priority, but you have to remember that it is not only RA3 that they are working on; they have 4 other games on the server that also need fixes.

In my opinion, this should be the priority  for fixes on RA3:

1. Fix the connection errors (Failed to connect 1-2 etc) - If people manage to get online but they can't connect to anyone, what is the point of them even being online? If people can't connect to anyone at all they will eventually get sick of waiting and just leave the revora server for good.

2. Allow for consecutive games without having to restart - Once people are online they will be able to connect to anyone that they want, instead of having to get lucky finding 1 person that you can connect to after 30+ minutes of searching, who's skill level will most likely be very different to the other player. While the fix is being made, there is a temporary solution to this problem - Alternate the host every game and you will not have to restart after every game.

3. Statistics - I'll split this into 2.

i. Firstly, there is currently no working ranking system. Most people will probably be fine playing unranked games while this is being worked on, so it isn't really a high priority.

ii. Secondly, after you restart the game (very often right now) the statistics get reset to 0 wins - 0 losses, or back to what they were before. Most players are 0-0 online so most players will find it difficult to judge a player's skill from statistics.

I think that's all I've noticed up until now, but if I find more I'll make sure to mention it.

#34 Mitchell10123

Mitchell10123
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

A friend of mine is having this problem too and it's been happening for a while. Any ETA of when this will be fixed?

#35 R3dC0m4nd3r

R3dC0m4nd3r
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

This issue has prevented me from playing a game of Ra3 for over 2 weeks now, I am still patiently waiting for a fix...

For some reason this seems to affect specific users whereas others seems to not have a problem!?

Please can we have an update on this issue from the moderators, is it a difficult fix? is it a priority?

#36 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

It is a priority, it is not too easy to figure out and we are at the moment very low on available developers. It shouldn't take too long anymore though.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#37 Dome_Shot_Dizzy

Dome_Shot_Dizzy
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:16 AM

^^ Best news I've heard so far :)

#38 Dome_Shot_Dizzy

Dome_Shot_Dizzy
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:40 AM

I know you guys at Revora are still getting bombarded with requests. Just wanted to see if there is any updated on the NATNEG server issue?  Still cannot connect to other players.  #holdingouthope #cantwait2playagain

#39 R3dC0m4nd3r

R3dC0m4nd3r
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

Thanks for the update guys, any news is good news!

#40 aladern

aladern
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:01 AM

Any news?

I cant play in RA3 company with my freind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users