#1 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:19 AM

Originally posted on ModDB by dcesarec on Dec 25th, 2014

Dear friends and fans... It has been a long ride since Contra 007 came out. Many years passed, many things happened, good and bad...

You all know that we changed team as we never expected we would. Many people are gone, busy with real life, our friends... Other bad things happened too, our precious was almost ripped off. We survived everything, gathered strength and continued our work. And yes, finally finished Contra 008 FINAL version.

We thank you all for your patience, sometimes it seemed we are not working. But we really had, learning new things, trying to find time for Contra and keep it alive.

Once again, I need to say thanks to these people who answered all my questions and helped us a lot. Track their mods and support them:

VectorIV
Zeke
Kris
Anubis
Anto111ka

Before we get to the real thing, we will give you small gift, for your patience. New remodelled units.

Demolition angry mob:

Render.md.jpg

And, new model for Assault general, Underground Command Post:

render.jpg

I need to remind you that Predator_BG (my dear friend and equal partner in this project), has made launcher for all of you who want English voices, and don't like our new voices. You will also have the option to choose new music or original, running game with or without shellmap.

Capture.png

For pure and total enjoyment of 008 FINAL, I recommend you to play with New unit voices, and New music. Speaking of music, we are saying thanks to:

ToneSlave who was a part of our team, but due to RL couldn't participate more. He made menu music, lobby music, and credit music. Also,

Charlie Lockwood who made awesome music for Enhanced mod, and gave us permission to use it. You will see how awesome music it is when you start playing.

One more thing, please understand that GLA does not refer to any country, no matter of language. PLEASE UNDESRSTAND THIS AND TRY TO ENJOY CONTRA!!!

And now, just a small guidance to all generals, some tips:

sw6789a.jpg

As known, most annoying general. Make plenty of defenses, hide, build superweapons and take your enemy piece by piece. Valanx and Thor are great supporting units for defending base, or to eliminate important enemy units and structures. Saturn is the slowest super unit in game, but most effective. Great armor, building options, and weapon that takes every target.

AF.jpg

General who relies on air force. We reduced the need for micro, F18 units now don't waste missiles, they retarget on another enemy unit. If you have some skills, you will own the map. Comanche is now main unit, he can take both air and ground units, be invisible and search for hidden units. If you reach rank 5, with auroras and Wyvern, you can take everything down in a few seconds.

lsr.jpg

Slow, but powerful tanks. If you are not very skilled with micro, and just like pure force, then this is the general for you. His tanks can match any other tanks on the battlefield. Laser Thor is very powerful. Omega tank, as super unit, is artillery which is good against structures and tanks. Make sure to protect power structures.

cy.jpg

It's all about heroes. His strategy is hit and run with small, weak but fast units at start. But at the end, you have many heroic units. He is the only general in game who uses multiple limited units like: Terminator, Cyborg Commando, Seraph, Nemesis and Cylons. Combine them all together and assimilate your enemy.

tao.jpg

Most people will complain about lack of defenses, but why would you need defenses if you play as the most aggressive general in game!? Push forward with deadly units, or sneak from behind and simply erase half of the map with Hadron Collider. The most powerful super weapon in game is available at rank 3. But beware, "if you build it, they will come"!

inf.jpg

Strongest infantry units in the game. Used for various atacks. You can either use them in Troop Crawlers or spread them on the battlefield in swarms. This general gets 3 types of artillery units with each major rank. His ambush powers can ensure you victory. Spawn Bunker, Barracks and drop airborne units in the enemy base, clone them... and destroy everything.

tnk.jpg

Everyone saying his super unit is from hell. Well, maybe he is considering its the strongest unit in game and can take any unit face to face. But to come to that, you will have to use well balanced tanks. Great general if you lack micro skills, and if you just started playing Contra.

fl.jpg

Do you like playing with fire? Then this is the general for you. Burn everything up. He has special strategy with fuel trucks which are available at rank 1 from Command Center and they are stealth. Fuel truck can spill fuel which can be ignited by almost any flame unit. If you sneak up with them in the enemy base, or on group of enemy units, your enemy will be shocked with his units burning.

ch.jpg

You gotta love this general. Pollute both ground and air, and watch all enemy units coming at you almost dead from all this acid, toxin and silicon clouds. Fully upgraded Qaraqurt as super unit is a bringer of death. If you face this general, prepare some medics...

ass.jpg

When playing as Assault general, you don't have to use any particular strategy. You have good tanks, and great artillery units. But at rank 3, you have Tunnel ambush power. If your enemy forgets about that, you can send all your units in his base, and make him regret his lack of knowledge and attention. This general has the best parts of each GLA general. Obstacles are cheap but hard to destroy, they can stop all units from passing the terrain.

st.jpg

You can make everything stealth, any unit and structure. At rank 5 you can even blackout the map of your enemies. Question remains, how will your enemy fight something which he can't see??? Sneaky and deadly general. No one loves to play against him. Do you?

de.jpg

This general will be noticed for sure. Explosions everywhere, traps for any purposes and special demolition attacks. Strongest Elbrus Storm and mobile nuclear super units which literally erase half of the enemy base. Once you start spamming with this general, your enemy will regret playing against you.

78609.png

And at the end, some installation instructions. Thanks to Contra launcher you can now have other mods in your Zero Hour folder. Extract all files from archive and folder "Contra008FINAL" to Zero Hour folder, start Contra Launcher and enjoy.

This version is mostly focused on online gaming. So please, join us on Tunngle. Challenge is finished, so you can enjoy brutal enemy too. Skirmish is working, but it's not polished to the end. Mostly known problem is that if you use Panic Attack as stealth general, it can cause crash, but it happens 1/5 times.

For even better experience, download GenTool.

Visit C&C:Online. It is a GameSpy emulating server for modern Command & Conquer games, adapted to work for all the Command & Conquer games affected by the GameSpy closure (Generals, Zero Hour, C&C 3, Kane's Wrath, Red Alert 3). You can still play your favourite C&C online like before, without the need of third-party software.

Release changelog

Until the next adventure (Aliens!??), we wish you Happy Holidays. Join us online and support Contra everywhere :)

Edited by predator_bg, 28 December 2014 - 04:18 PM.

#2 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:37 PM

Excellent news, good work!

#3 ROFLsaucecopternot

ROFLsaucecopternot
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:21 AM

I gotta problem, i boot up your nice fancy launcher and i keep getting Origins launcher. Doesnt wanna boot ze mod.

#4 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:25 AM

I gotta problem, i boot up your nice fancy launcher and i keep getting Origins launcher. Doesnt wanna boot ze mod.

The ModDB user Hor2010 has posted his solution. Try that:

"I have Command and Conquer ultimate collection from Origin and the game just launch without the mod. I have this program: C&C TUC - Fixed Launchers Setup.exe that worked for that problem, but not anymore. Any solution ?

I found the solution just search for a new version of the program. If anyone need it, here some link: Mega.co.nz . By the way anyone know how to change the resolution to HD ?"

Edited by predator_bg, 27 December 2014 - 09:26 AM.

#5 t1a2l

t1a2l
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:55 PM

hi you said the new contra works with other mods.

i  put contra and anther mod togther... the other mod works without problems but trying to launch contra brings a serious error...

(i tried contra with no other mods and it works although airforce general crash on challange mode start).

#6 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:58 PM

hi you said the new contra works with other mods.

i  put contra and anther mod togther... the other mod works without problems but trying to launch contra brings a serious error...

(i tried contra with no other mods and it works although airforce general crash on challange mode start).

Which other mods? Do they have a launcher too?

#7 t1a2l

t1a2l
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:06 PM

reborn 5.05 doesn't have a launcher, works great... contra gives a serious error...

#8 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:31 PM

reborn 5.05 doesn't have a launcher, works great... contra gives a serious error...

That's because Reborn 5.05 was not made to work in conjunction with other mods. It works because Contra detaches itself from Zero Hour on exit. So in the end you have Reborn blocking Contra, and Contra files disabled, so Reborn works.

#9 t1a2l

t1a2l
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

will reborn 6.25 will work with contra?

#10 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:13 PM

will reborn 6.25 will work with contra?

I don't think so. You will have to move Reborn's files in another folder when you want to play Contra and bring them back when you want to play Reborn. Contra only works with Vietnam Glory Obscured, Cold War Crisis, ShockWave, Rise of the Reds and any other mod which has a launcher.

#11 t1a2l

t1a2l
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

thanks for answering... great mode by the way!

#12 ROFLsaucecopternot

ROFLsaucecopternot
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:49 AM

Worked awesome, thanks guys!
Also GLA Steath, "the New camo netting has arrived"

#13 Zeta1127

Zeta1127

Supporter of P-canon

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Projects:A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  •  Ancient Order of the Whills Clone Marshal Commander of the 89th Legion

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:29 AM

I can't get the mod to work, something about the launcher not being a valid Win32 application.

"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett
"You are fooling yourself, Captain. Nothing here is what it seems. You are not the plucky hero, the Alliance is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena."
"And that's not incense." - The Operative and Inara Serra
"What you will see, if you leave the Mirror free to work, I cannot tell. For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet maybe. But which it is that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell. Do you wish to look?" - Galadriel
Clone Marshal Commander Zeta 1127 of the 89th Legion
Admiral Zebulon Wilhelm of Task Force Mystic/Fleet Junkie

#14 BPTShotshot

BPTShotshot
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:40 AM

Does this mod work with Origin? Shockwave doesn't and it was my favorite mod

#15 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:30 PM

Does this mod work with Origin? Shockwave doesn't and it was my favorite mod

Yes, try this:

The ModDB user Hor2010 has posted his solution. Try that:

"I have Command and Conquer ultimate collection from Origin and the game just launch without the mod. I have this program: C&C TUC - Fixed Launchers Setup.exe that worked for that problem, but not anymore. Any solution ?
I found the solution just search for a new version of the program. If anyone need it, here some link: Mega.co.nz . By the way anyone know how to change the resolution to HD ?"

#16 Shepy

Shepy
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:12 PM

Hello ! I have that bug with ?MISSING:bla-bla-bla? instead of names and descriptions and purple/grey/black rectangles instead of buttons and unit icons... I'm running it with a French version. I read the Readme_Contra and I saw instructions to debug it :

Rename Contra008.ctr and Contra008EN.ctr (or Contra008RU.ctr if you use Russian language) to .big extension,
then extract with FinalBig in a new folder named with the language of your game (German, French, etc.).
This new folder must be in the same folder where you installed Contra.

Link to FinalBig: http://contra.cncgui...ds/finalbig.zip

To extract:
Press "Edit" and "Extract All", then choose the folder.

I made everything and nothing worked then I tested loads of other things.. For exemple I created new Contra008.ctr and Contra008EN.ctr where I changed all "english" folders by "french" (I made that for the beta 002 and it worked) but the Contra Launcher run the game without any mod...

Do you have any idea ?

Edited by Shepy, 28 December 2014 - 04:13 PM.

#17 Sechs

Sechs
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:09 PM

Hello !

Good news, as a big fan of Contra 007 i'm just happy to play with this new version.

But like Shepy i play with a French version of the original game (Generals - Edition Delux) and i continue to have ?MISSING:bla-bla-bla? instead of names and descriptions

and purple/grey/black rectangles instead of buttons and unit icons...

I try the tips of the read_me but nothing work...

Any ideas ? Thanks.

#18 Ant the Gord

Ant the Gord
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:38 AM

Hey Predator! I'm glad to hear that 008 is out in its full version! I wish you guys the best and hope you can continue this amazing mod!

Regards,

Ant the Gord

Edited by Ant the Gord, 01 January 2015 - 11:50 AM.

Can you dance like Kirby!

<(-_-<)     ^( -_- )^     (>-_-)>

#19 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:42 PM

Hello !

Good news, as a big fan of Contra 007 i'm just happy to play with this new version.

But like Shepy i play with a French version of the original game (Generals - Edition Delux) and i continue to have ?MISSING:bla-bla-bla? instead of names and descriptions

Any ideas ? Thanks.

Try this:

Rename !Contra008.ctr and !Contra008EN.ctr by replacing .ctr with .big. Open the files with FinalBig. Find and rename all "English" folders to your language (French). For example, select Data\English\Art\Textures\Defeated.tga), click on Edit -> Rename File and rename it to Data\French\Art\Textures\Defeated.tga. Do it for all files where it says "English". When you are done, click on File -> Save and close FinalBig when finished. I hope it works.

#20 Shepy

Shepy
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:36 PM

Hello !

Any ideas ? Thanks.

Try this:

Rename !Contra008.ctr and !Contra008EN.ctr by replacing .ctr with .big. Open the files with FinalBig. Find and rename all "English" folders to your language (French). For example, select Data\English\Art\Textures\Defeated.tga), click on Edit -> Rename File and rename it to Data\French\Art\Textures\Defeated.tga. Do it for all files where it says "English". When you are done, click on File -> Save and close FinalBig when finished. I hope it works.

Hello, I already did it and when I launch the game with the Contra launcher it runs the game like there is no mod... I did it with the beta and it worked well, I don't understand :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users