#21 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

Hello !

Good news, as a big fan of Contra 007 i'm just happy to play with this new version.
But like Shepy i play with a French version of the original game (Generals - Edition Delux) and i continue to have ?MISSING:bla-bla-bla? instead of names and descriptions
and purple/grey/black rectangles instead of buttons and unit icons...

I try the tips of the read_me but nothing work...

Any ideas ? Thanks.

Try this:
Rename !Contra008.ctr and !Contra008EN.ctr by replacing .ctr with .big. Open the files with FinalBig. Find and rename all "English" folders to your language (French). For example, select Data\English\Art\Textures\Defeated.tga), click on Edit -> Rename File and rename it to Data\French\Art\Textures\Defeated.tga. Do it for all files where it says "English". When you are done, click on File -> Save and close FinalBig when finished. I hope it works.

Hello, I already did it and when I launch the game with the Contra launcher it runs the game like there is no mod... I did it with the beta and it worked well, I don't understand :/

You have either The First Decade or Origin version of Zero Hour. People have stated that the launcher does not work with these versions of Zero Hour. You will have to install Contra manually. Follow these steps.

Manual installation instructions for those having problems with launcher:
1. Put all files from Contra008FINAL into your Zero Hour folder.
2. Rename !Contra008.ctr to !Contra008.big.
3. Rename !Contra008EN.ctr to !Contra008EN.big OR rename !Contra008RU.ctr to !Contra008RU.big if you want Russian language.
4. Rename !Contra008VOrig.ctr to !Contra008VOrig.big OR rename !Contra008VLoc.ctr to !Contra008VLoc.big if you want English unit voices.
5. Rename !Contra008MNew.ctr to !Contra008MNew.big OR rename !Contra008MStandard.ctr to !Contra008MStandard.big if you want vanilla soundtracks.
6. Rename Scripts folder to Scripts1 (which is located inside Data folder).
7. Start the game from generals.exe.

#22 Sechs

Sechs
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:20 PM

Thanks a lot I found the solution ^^

As you say, i rename all "English" by "French" in the Contra008.big with FinalBig, it take such time (I only change for the texture entrance) ^^

When it was done I save the file and i go to the "Data" folder and i rename the English folder by "French" and now it's work perfectly i have all the texture, and icon.

Thanks a lot and good luck for Contra009 !

Edit: in the game, some description are missing but it's not important now i have the picture (only for the object added by contra008).

Edit 2: i don't have the new song too i still have the vanilla version, the new unit don't do any noise or song

Edit 3: In easy mode, the AI is very weak, i think all mod are not enable in my game

Edited by Sechs, 02 January 2015 - 08:44 PM.

#23 Shepy

Shepy
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:26 PM

Okay I made a mistake when I changed .big files but it's good, I didn't have to do the manual installation ! :D

Sechs, if you're interested I can tell you how to change ALL the big without many efforts, you seemed to do it one by one but in fact you can do it very simplier ^^

Thanks to everybody, good game and good luck ! ;)

Ps : Unit voices are in the file "!Contra008VOrig.ctr" (or "!Contra008VLoc" if you want old voices)...

Soundtracks are in the "!Contra008MNew.big" (or "!Contra008MStandard.ctr" if you want vanilla soundtracks) but there is no need to change any files in because there is not "English" shits in :thumbsupcool: .

Edited by Shepy, 02 January 2015 - 11:10 PM.

#24 Sechs

Sechs
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:48 AM

I want the technic please because i don't know that and it's usefull.

After some game they are missing for me: the sound of units (i can change it by editing the Contra008.ctr) and the voice of unit by editing the Contra008VOrig.ctr

One question, after editing a file, do i have to keep the "French" folder (who contain all of file extract from Contra008.big) or I can return the Contra008.big to .ctr  and only use the Contra launcher ?

Thanks for the help.

#25 Shepy

Shepy
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

For thoose who follow us we continued in a private conversation because it's simplier to us to speak in french !

But if someone want the technic I can give him, I'm just a little lazy but I can do that for you if you ask me x)

Edited by Shepy, 03 January 2015 - 12:30 PM.

#26 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:05 PM

I want the technic please because i don't know that and it's usefull.

After some game they are missing for me: the sound of units (i can change it by editing the Contra008.ctr) and the voice of unit by editing the Contra008VOrig.ctr

One question, after editing a file, do i have to keep the "French" folder (who contain all of file extract from Contra008.big) or I can return the Contra008.big to .ctr  and only use the Contra launcher ?

Thanks for the help.

Contra Launcher automatically renames all files to .ctr when you click the Exit button. As you said, creating French folder didn't help you, so you can delete it.

- If you want English unit voices, edit English to French in !Contra008VLoc.big.

- If you want English/Chinese/GLA unit voices, edit English to French in !Contra008VOrig.big.

You will need to use Exit button in Contra Launcher to successfully encrypt .big files to .ctr. In the end, make sure you have one .ctr and one .big (!Contra008VLoc and !Contra008VOrig). The .ctr files are the unused files from Contra (to get an idea, for example, if you want English voices, you don't want Chinese and GLA language voices to make problems, so !Contra008VOrig has .ctr, unused file extension).

Edited by predator_bg, 05 January 2015 - 05:07 PM.

#27 Lastiq Green

Lastiq Green
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:57 PM

People, where you can download this game for the entire C&C G.Z.H. Contra 008 ? I apologize if there is (on the forum) is written, as I do not speak in English.

#28 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:43 PM

People, where you can download this game for the entire C&C G.Z.H. Contra 008 ? I apologize if there is (on the forum) is written, as I do not speak in English.

C&C Generals: Zero Hour comes with The First Decade or Command and Conquer: Ultimate Collection on Origin. Contra 008 Final can be downloaded here (you don't need other Contra versions).

#29 Lastiq Green

Lastiq Green
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:01 PM

C&C Generals: Zero Hour comes with The First Decade or Command and Conquer: Ultimate Collection on Origin. Contra 008 Final can be downloaded here (you don't need other Contra versions).

It was only mod for the game. And by the way this mod (contra 008 final) does not start the game with the aid of "C&C Online Rewora" , writes: Unable to launch Zero Hour.

#30 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:31 PM

It was only mod for the game. And by the way this mod (contra 008 final) does not start the game with the aid of "C&C Online Rewora" , writes: Unable to launch Zero Hour.

You don't need C&C:Online to launch Contra. Start it separately using the Contra Launcher (or generals.exe if you installed Contra manually).

#31 Lastiq Green

Lastiq Green
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:17 PM

You don't need C&C:Online to launch Contra. Start it separately using the Contra Launcher (or generals.exe if you installed Contra manually).

I can not play online without Revora.  I can not play online without Revora. Probably because I have a dynamic ip.

#32 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:48 PM

I can not play online without Revora.  I can not play online without Revora. Probably because I have a dynamic ip.

If you are planning to play Contra online, you will need Tunngle. We all play there. It creates a virtual IP. You will see games in Multiplayer > Network. For Contra, use Contra Launcher. For Zero Hour, use C&C:Online launcher.

Edited by predator_bg, 11 January 2015 - 01:51 PM.

#33 Cman1987

Cman1987
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:35 AM

Hello Everyone,

I've installed the ZH Final 008 mod and played a few network matches without a problem. Now when I create a network match, the game loads, and upon arriving to the initial play screen (where you begin with your builders and a building) I find that the map has a purple haze and workers are invisible. Any idea how this could occur?

Has anyone else experienced this?

#34 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:05 PM

Hello Everyone,

I've installed the ZH Final 008 mod and played a few network matches without a problem. Now when I create a network match, the game loads, and upon arriving to the initial play screen (where you begin with your builders and a building) I find that the map has a purple haze and workers are invisible. Any idea how this could occur?

Can you post a screenshot of this?

Edited by predator_bg, 12 January 2015 - 12:05 PM.

#35 Solobadguy

Solobadguy
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:36 PM

The screen looks like this:

IMG_0347.JPG

I have a few friends that I play with who are having the same issue. Everything was working just fine, initially.

However, after not playing for a few days, they came back to find that the game looks like the above picture.

#36 Cman1987

Cman1987
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:15 PM

As you can see, the dozer leaves its own path.

Hello Everyone,

cnc_contra_008_fin_screen.jpg

http://www.mediafire..._fin_screen.jpg

Edited by Cman1987, 15 January 2015 - 03:16 PM.

#37 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:54 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure about the cause. Could be bad video card drivers. Is this with Contra only? How about unmodded Generals? Is this a problem you have always had with Generals?

#38 Cman1987

Cman1987
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:06 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure about the cause. Could be bad video card drivers. Is this with Contra only? How about unmodded Generals? Is this a problem you have always had with Generals?

This only occurs with Contra. Unmodded generals works fine. I've never had an issue with General. In fact, I was able to run the Contra mod for about 10 full battles.

I've tried deleting all reg keys then performing a reinstall. Still nothing.

#39 Rustikus

Rustikus
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:23 AM

Hello.Im big fan of Generals.And im playing Contra 008 Final.Are there any bosses in challenge mod?Im played with chemical general and completed 9 generals, then game over.Is it okay?Or there are no bosses in this version?P.S.Sorry for my english, Im russian.

#40 strikershockwave

strikershockwave
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:45 PM

Hello Generals!
Let's join 1vs1 Contra 008 Final Tournament!
http://cyberbattle.org/en/contra008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users