#81 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:19 PM

PM or post here. I'm sure more modelers can find them of use =) Thank you for the effort, to you and Thrandy and Dain. This really helps me make the model accurate.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#82 IronfootsWill

IronfootsWill
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:32 PM

Sent them through through in a PM il make a shared google drive link for anyone else who wants them sure and put it on to my profile, Its no problem! anything to help this fantastic mod.

#83 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:47 PM

I'm feeling pretty happy with this model now. The latest screen caps really helped capture the details. I think I'm ready to paint... :p

IHbody3.jpg

Edited by Nazgûl, 14 December 2019 - 04:45 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#84 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

King Under the Mountain of Erebor

• Project Team
  • 193 posts
  • Projects:THL

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:06 PM

Can't wait to see the end result! It is looking great for now! :) But I hope you will make them have Sword Sheaths I know it is not so important but to me those small details are what makes a model to feel complete and much cooler! :) 

Continue the good job! :) 

I will not stand down before any Elf not least this faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishes nothing but ill upon my people....Ya think I give a dead dog about your treats  you Pointy Ear Princess...          WklE62A.png

You hear that lads..we're on...let's give these bastards a good hammering...Tanar Durin nur!!....

#85 ThrandyBanned

ThrandyBanned

Sith Lord Of Mirkwood

• Banned
  • 321 posts
  • Projects:The Battlefront Mod For Warband
  •  Skinner,Modeler,Coder

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:53 PM

Mhmmm...Iron Hills Dwarves.  :D
Those are looking great Naz!Can't wait to see them painted! :thumbsupxd:

Oh and in the EE dwarves have variations in "belts" on the armor.Some are very wide and some are very thin.
Also the armor is varied in size,some have big plates while others have small but many plates.

You can clearly see that on the pic i linked you(DAIN's MODDB IMAGE) and on the dwarves posted by IronfootsWill. :smilehuh:

EDIT#1:
There is one thing every bloody mod ignored.
In the book called "Fellowship Of The Ring",there is a chapter called "Council Of Elrond",in that Chapter,Gloin talks to Frodo about the achivements of his People.
He says:
"Gloin began then to talk of the works of his people, telling Frodo about their great labours in Dale and under the Mountain. "We have done well," he said. "But in metal-work we cannot rival our fathers, many of whose secrets are lost. We make good armour and keen swords, but we cannot again make mail or blade to match those that were made before the dragon came. Only in mining and building have we surpassed the old days."

THAT MEANS:
They can't make this armor http://vignette4.wik...=20130917201911

They can only make THE IRON HILLS DWARVEN ARMOR we see in Battle Of The Five Armies.

So this means that,if you want to,should use the Iron Hills Dwarves as a Normal Unit in game,not a Mini-Hero Horde,Moria Battle Dwarves should be used as a Hero-Horde and should be a lot stronger,because of the armor was better,and their weapons sharper and more damaging than the Iron Hills ones.

I hope i didn't confuse anyone with this "small" post. :laugh:

Edited by Thrandy, 26 October 2015 - 09:05 PM.

#86 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:44 PM

Funny... I was thinking the eaxct same thing, but with other origins. I wrote this before, but deleted it and decided to give it more thought. But now you convinced me :p

I was thinking that since I put so much effort into this model, perhaps I might as well make it the main soldier of this faction. Come to think of it, the mod is set in the third age, with Dain as the new king under the mountain after Thorin. As such, one would think that the Iron Hills soldiers and their armor style would be more likely to be the pre dominant style of the third age Erebor army, and not the Erebor style of the time of The Battle of Azanulbizar. As such, I can use Valaquenta's excellent donated Erebor soldier as the elite infantry unit.

And in the concept images from Weta, following the EE, we can see that this armor is the main armor at Battle of Dale. So be it. Erebor armor will be limited to elite units =)

EDIT: I will not make any variations though. This model is far to tedious to make, to change details like that, that noone will notice in game. These will be uniform, like Gondor units. I will however make a low armor version.

Edited by Nazgûl, 26 October 2015 - 10:48 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#87 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:04 PM

While I understand the lore behind it, I tend to disagree.

The main reason is people now tend to fuck up the timeline. Cause of the Hobbit we merge it with Lord of The Rings and even better, battle of Azanulbizar. Since most of the mods are Skirmish mods you can actually place any units regardless of the time they were in. So basically if I decide to add Moria warriors, they would be even better than Erebor ones so they will be mini-heroes and Iron hills dudes will be scout units. (That actually would be funny) But yes that is what is happening. And rightly so, for example, my mod merges Second and Third Age and I pick what I like and implement it  but I don't have to back it up with lore cause most of the time it does not make sense comparing to other things I have in there.(Do note I am talking about not using lore as a reason when comparing a unit to other and not when conceptual making it).

And at the end it all matters to the personal taste, hence when talking about Wood Elves you make a decision , if the main faction will be about Galadhrims or Mirkwood Elves, I always wanted Mirkwood to be the predominant one and now I have lots of material to do so. But others might want Lothlorien.

But...

As far as I know, your mod is based on The War of The Ring so it makes sense (cause you didn't play with the timelines - but I bet most people here don't know that) although personally I would still make the Grim Hammer design the main army. :p

#88 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

• Project Team
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:13 PM

The idea sounds awesome!And after all Erebor and Iron Hills Dwarves were all Longbeards of Durins Folk so basically the same people! :-)
But I want to note that this doesn't mean Iron Hills Armor was lower quality than Erebor after all Iron Hills existed before and after the Dragon came so they actually improved their Armors! :-) And let's not forget Iron Hills Dwarves were able to make really flexible Metal Mesh for Foot and Leg Armor only they knew the secret too which proves their great Craftsmanship Skills further! :-)
P.S. Nazgul mate does this mean you will make King Dain II similar to WETA Concept Art and Dale Soldiers too!? :-)

I will not stand down before any Elf not least this faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishes nothing but ill upon my people....Ya think I give a dead dog about your treats  you Pointy Ear Princess...          WklE62A.png

You hear that lads..we're on...let's give these bastards a good hammering...Tanar Durin nur!!....

#89 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:24 PM

King Dain is finished, and made after the Weta design in the movie? Why would I change it? 

As far as Dale units go, I'm hoping for donations. I had a deal with Edain mod, but they're gone atm...

NewErr, this is NO disrespect to your Erebor units (so I hope we won't go into another situation as I had with someones generic dwarves back in the days. But considering the fact that it's in several other mod's I think it feels more unique if I use my IH unit as base unit. Mostly, I think it makes sense due to the newly released images featuring Battle of Dale. I will still use the Erebor guys, as elite and anti hero hordes =) 

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#90 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:27 PM

Nobody notices variations?

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#91 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:29 PM

This has nothing to do with my units actually, you can do whatever you want into your mod, I don't mind even if you remove them at all, I was just making a point about Thrandy's post. Should have quoted it for people to understand. :p

#92 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

• Project Team
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:32 PM

Oh I see about Dain well ok ,but may be only his Hair Style can be like I Battle of Dale ! :-) And what Armor he has just curious!? :-)
And there is only one thing I can't seem to agree in WETA Concept for Dale Battle and it is the Shields which use the Boar Motive of Iron Hills while in Erebor they should have some Raven Motive or something different since it is Erebor Kingdom not Iron Hills! :-)

#93 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:45 AM

Kwen: Nobody notices variations that small, when playing. Unless you zoom in and detail study them. I just don't see the point of making multiple models or textures for variations in belts. In most screens I see the belt's look the same. As do the armor. I will have random skins for hair and beard color though, as well as the decorations in the beard (all in the textures).

NewErr: Cool. I don't want to remove them. Just change plans and usage. I have no plans to make my own Erebor units.

Dain: There is a major topic about my Dain model. I seem to recall you saw it?

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#94 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

• Project Team
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:48 AM

Oh yes!Sorry I completely forgot! :-)
So you will nake King Dain in Erebor with the design of Lord Dain from Iron Hills !? :-)
P.S. What you think about the Shield thing:-)

Edited by King Dain II Ironfoot, 27 October 2015 - 12:49 AM.

#95 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring and the HD Editions
  •  Mathijs' Bug fix expert
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Leader

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:08 AM

Well to be honest Variations aren't supposed to be noticeable if they are done at least from the high zoom you refer to. It's supposed to be something that people end up zooming in on and going oh wow they did that, it adds to replay value :p. Random beard colors and designs are all that would need to be done at least for the heavy armor model.

99dxc486ltde132zg.jpgh5je9noaofg3o26zg.jpg

No parent should have to bury their child - King Theoden

#96 ThrandyBanned

ThrandyBanned

Sith Lord Of Mirkwood

• Banned
  • 321 posts
  •  Skinner,Modeler,Coder

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:04 PM

So is my idea gonna be in the mod?Iron Hills dwarven armor as the main armor for all troops. :D

#97 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:14 PM

Yeah, sort of. I had the same thought, just based on another conclusion (the EE appendix) :p

Painting will be done this week, and then I need to fiddle with gear as swords, spears and shields... Hopefully I can use the stuff I got froom RoR =)

Edited by Nazgûl, 27 October 2015 - 11:39 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#98 ThrandyBanned

ThrandyBanned

Sith Lord Of Mirkwood

• Banned
  • 321 posts
  •  Skinner,Modeler,Coder

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:57 PM

Hey Naz,i dunno if you already saw this but here you can find many concepts for LOTR and The Hobbit stuff.
http://www.games-wor...=cat410002-flat
Some figures have a 3D View so you can look at all parts of the armor.

(Most of these concepts are based on the movies)

#99 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:01 PM

You are very slow Thrandy. We use those from the beginning of time.

#100 ThrandyBanned

ThrandyBanned

Sith Lord Of Mirkwood

• Banned
  • 321 posts
  •  Skinner,Modeler,Coder

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:31 PM

You are very slow Thrandy. We use those from the beginning of time.

I am new here,sorry :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users