Photo

BFME 2 (and ROTWK) crash on startup Options.ini is not the problem

bfme2 rotwk crash windows 10

Best Answer AdreNa1ine, 26 September 2015 - 01:07 AM

Fixed it, only took like a month to figure out XD.  Problem was my intel graphics card was the default graphics card running the game. I had to change it to nVidia and it worked!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 Arrrow

Arrrow
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:27 PM

I did install and uninstall Edain before it stopped working, no other mods except some maps maybe. My options.ini file: 

AllHealthBars = yes
AmbientVolume = 50.000000
AudioLOD = High
Brightness = 50
GameSpyIPAddress = 192.168.2.101
HasSeenLogoMovies = yes
IdealStaticGameLOD = VeryLow
MovieVolume = 70.000000
MusicVolume = 70.000000
Resolution = 1366 768
SFXVolume = 70.000000
ScrollFactor = 50
SendDelay = no
StaticGameLOD = UltraHigh
TimesInGame = 1
UseEAX3 = no
VoiceVolume = 70.000000

#22 Arrrow

Arrrow
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:56 PM

I did install and uninstall Edain before it stopped working, no other mods except some maps maybe. My options.ini file: 

AllHealthBars = yes
AmbientVolume = 50.000000
AudioLOD = High
Brightness = 50
GameSpyIPAddress = 192.168.2.101
HasSeenLogoMovies = yes
IdealStaticGameLOD = VeryLow
MovieVolume = 70.000000
MusicVolume = 70.000000
Resolution = 1366 768
SFXVolume = 70.000000
ScrollFactor = 50
SendDelay = no
StaticGameLOD = UltraHigh
TimesInGame = 1
UseEAX3 = no
VoiceVolume = 70.000000

It also gives an error message with the title "Fatal error" saying "Exception in exception handler".

#23 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 18 December 2015 - 04:03 PM

Try to delete (move them somewhere else) all files except for the options.ini in the directory that contains options.ini.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#24 Arrrow

Arrrow
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 10:10 PM

Try to delete (move them somewhere else) all files except for the options.ini in the directory that contains options.ini.

There is only options.ini in there

#25 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 18 December 2015 - 10:19 PM

Then that might be a problem. I'm not sure what standard files bfme2 expects, I'll need to look it up.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#26 Arrrow

Arrrow
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 10:31 PM

Then that might be a problem. I'm not sure what standard files bfme2 expects, I'll need to look it up.

The fixxer should fix this anyway, and it doesn't work regardless if I run it or not. All it does is reset the options.ini and add an empty "maps" folder.

#27 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 18 December 2015 - 10:32 PM

can you show the contents of your main installation directory?

also, are you running the game as admin?

#28 Arrrow

Arrrow
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:15 PM

Could you guys please help me out? I had BFME2 working for a while, but suddenly it just stopped working (don't exactly remember when, tried everything back then and nothing worked). I tried the fixxer, installing directx 9c, changing between my NVIDIA video card and intel integrated graphics. I updated both of the video cards to the latest version. Compatibility mode does nothing else than change the time before it decides to crash (obviously I rebooted after changing stuff). Naturally I run it as administrator. The error I get is simply "BFME2 Has stopped working" (the usual stuff). I have tried reinstalling it numerous times. 

can you show the contents of your main installation directory?

also, are you running the game as admin?

Assuming you mean the C:/games/BFME2 folder?

Edited by Arrrow, 18 December 2015 - 11:16 PM.

#29 Arrrow

Arrrow
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 07:19 PM

Here's the files

#30 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 19 December 2015 - 07:38 PM

Yes, thanks.

You should delete all the DUMP_ files, they are just leftovers from the game crashes and fill up your harddisk.

What happened to your game.dat? Try to rename "game.dat" to "game_bak.dat" and "game.dat.backup" to "game.dat" and see if it helps.

#31 Arrrow

Arrrow
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:52 PM

Yes, thanks.

You should delete all the DUMP_ files, they are just leftovers from the game crashes and fill up your harddisk.

What happened to your game.dat? Try to rename "game.dat" to "game_bak.dat" and "game.dat.backup" to "game.dat" and see if it helps.

No idea what happened to it. Renaming the .backup made no difference, still crashing.

#32 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:26 PM

Which bfme2 installation source are you using? Are you using the old daemon tools version for the mini images?

I'm quite sure I've seen this error before but I just can't remember how to fix it.

In your case I would probably uninstall everything (including deletion of the 'my battle for middle earth II' directory, manual checking of leftover registry entries and the game installation directory itself).

Then do a clean reinstall, check after each change you do whether it works (eg between patches or else, depending on the installation source).

#33 Arrrow

Arrrow
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:33 PM

Which bfme2 installation source are you using? Are you using the old daemon tools version for the mini images?

I'm quite sure I've seen this error before but I just can't remember how to fix it.

In your case I would probably uninstall everything (including deletion of the 'my battle for middle earth II' directory, manual checking of leftover registry entries and the game installation directory itself).

Then do a clean reinstall, check after each change you do whether it works (eg between patches or else, depending on the installation source).

This is the Daemon tools version I'm using. At top it says "Free license" and "Recently used images". 

Like I said before, I got an anthology box (containing BFME1, 2 and ROTWK) as well as forshire's special edition, switching between those sources doesn't make any difference. 

How can I best check the registry entries? I have experience with Microcontrollers and therefore know how messing around in registries can screw stuff up hard, so forgive me if I'm a little too cautious. 

What I did before was delete EVERYTHING (except for the registry entries) related to BFME (even BFME1) and reinstall, that didn't do the trick back then.

EDIT: oh right, the reloaded image. I tried that version too. To no avail. ROTWK does the same as BFME2, failed to mention this earlier.

Edited by Arrrow, 21 December 2015 - 01:03 PM.

#34 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:44 PM

Could it be your antivir program blocking access? I do believe you should use daemon tools lite 4, because the newer version has some problems.

#35 Arrrow

Arrrow
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:58 PM

Could it be your antivir program blocking access? I do believe you should use daemon tools lite 4, because the newer version has some problems.

Possibly, the dmp files say game.dat tried reading/writing from a location it doesn't have access to.

#36 Arrrow

Arrrow
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:24 PM

Possibly, the dmp files say game.dat tried reading/writing from a location it doesn't have access to.

Nope, still nothing. Did a clean install, tried every possible patch, both GPUs, disabling antivirus, and manually creating the options.ini file as well as the maps folder. Also tried every single compatibility mode, tried running in 640x400 resolution but nothing seems to make any difference.

#37 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 26 December 2015 - 02:28 AM

Fixed it, only took like a month to figure out XD.  Problem was my intel graphics card was the default graphics card running the game. I had to change it to nVidia and it worked!

A friend of mine has a similar issue.. but the problem for him is that the game only works with the default (intel) graphics card and crashes when it's started with his GeForce graphics card.. anyone an idea? :/

26285.png

#38 Arrrow

Arrrow
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:06 PM

It's still not working, the error that's returned in the log files is the following:

Naam van toepassing met fout: game.dat, versie: 1.6.2429.30210, tijdstempel: 0x45185e33
Naam van module met fout: igdusc32.dll, versie: 10.18.15.4256, tijdstempel: 0x55a99853
Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000005
Foutmarge: 0x003a06eb
Id van proces met fout: 0x197c
Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d13e56a8315f0d
Pad naar toepassing met fout: C:\games\The Battle for Middle-earth II\game.dat
Pad naar module met fout: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igdusc32.dll
Rapport-id: e07385d6-ac79-467f-bd1b-f86c957a2084
Volledige pakketnaam met fout: 
Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout: 

Translated (roughly): 

Name of application with error: game.dat, version: 1.6.2429.30210, timestamp: 0x45185e33
Name of module with error: igdusc32.dll, version: 10.18.15.4256, timestamp: 0x55a99853
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Error margin: 0x003a06eb
ID of process with error: 0x197c
Starting time of application: 0x01d13e56a8315f0d
Path of applicaion with error: C:\games\The Battle for Middle-earth II\game.dat
Path of module with error: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igdusc32.dll
Report-ID: e07385d6-ac79-467f-bd1b-f86c957a2084
Full packet name with error:
Relative application-id of application with error: 

Now I know the "0xc00000005" error is RAM related, I've tried every driver available for my Graphics card (NVidia GeForce 820M) to no avail. So how could I fix this?

#39 Pearcen

Pearcen
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:37 PM

Hey think i have the same Problem with rotwk. OS Win10x64 gpu 980m and 2 monitors

non cracked maxi image

patched to 2.01 with edain mod up to date

daemon tools 4.4.8 and already tried the fixxer

crash too when i reinstall without edain

EDIT: bfme1 and 2 works fine. it only crashes when i change from 800x600 to higher.

Solved: Uninstalled Ger patch and 2.02, patched SUM2 back to 1.06  and used the start fixxer again.

Edain and rotwk works fine now

Attached Thumbnails

• error.png

Edited by Pearcen, 21 May 2016 - 02:36 PM.

#40 HappyFeet

HappyFeet
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:35 PM

Hey, AdreNa1ine i was wondering if you could tell me how i change the default graphic card running the game. my freind have the same problem as you´ve had and i have been trying to fix it for a couple of days now and its really starting to anoy me xD so if you would tell me i would apriciate it ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users