[BFME1/BFME2/ROTWK] Games Download & Installation Guide

• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#601 thejoey

thejoey
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:24 PM

I had problems with startup on Win10, got it fixed by installing BfME Startup Fixxer and clicking fix.

However I've a LG Ultrawide monitor, and when I try to play the game it is all stretched out in ultra wide mode. Is there anyway for me to play like a normal widescreen or just 4:3? Anything else than this stretched nightmare!

Edited by thejoey, 19 March 2019 - 05:41 PM.

#602 Zaentz

Zaentz
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:53 PM

Hi! Any update on ROTWK HD version?

Thanks!

#603 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 23 March 2019 - 04:41 AM

https://www.moddb.co...otwk-hd-edition

You can follow it there. However the team that is working on it have been on The Age of the Ring for some time.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#604 Jokuc

Jokuc

Hardcore Procrastinator

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 27 March 2019 - 11:58 AM

I had problems with startup on Win10, got it fixed by installing BfME Startup Fixxer and clicking fix.

However I've a LG Ultrawide monitor, and when I try to play the game it is all stretched out in ultra wide mode. Is there anyway for me to play like a normal widescreen or just 4:3? Anything else than this stretched nightmare!

You could try set the resolution in the options.ini file to 1920 1080 but I don't know if that works. Maybe try run the game windowed 

Edited by Jokuc, 27 March 2019 - 11:58 AM.

#605 760padilla85

760padilla85
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 05:59 AM

Hi everyone,

I downloaded the file of BFMEII and I do not know how to use the game dat file in order to make sure it runs without a disk.  Can anyone help please?

Edited by 760padilla85, 01 April 2019 - 09:47 PM.

#606 coenrr

coenrr
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 10:58 PM

The patch downloading is failing at around the 160mb mark with Windows 10. This is using the all-in-one patch 1.06 installer (BFME1). 

Edited by coenrr, 01 April 2019 - 11:05 PM.

#607 korobeiniki322

korobeiniki322
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 11:46 AM

Does the modified game.dat file get rid of the anti piracy in BFME 2?

#608 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:59 AM

Does the modified game.dat file get rid of the anti piracy in BFME 2?

Yes it does.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#609 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:00 AM

The patch downloading is failing at around the 160mb mark with Windows 10. This is using the all-in-one patch 1.06 installer (BFME1).

Make sure to download patch v1.03 first.

#610 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:02 AM

Hi everyone,
I downloaded the file of BFMEII and I do not know how to use the game dat file in order to make sure it runs without a disk. Can anyone help please?

The game.dat file goes into the game folder - the same folder that the game is installed into. The game.dat file will replace the existing game.dat file.

#611 Archeos

Archeos
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:47 AM

The Antivirus kept placing the game.dat file for BFME 2 in quarantine, I made it as an exception, but now when I try to place it in the folder it tells me that I do not have permission to do that, I changed the ownership settings, still doesn't let me.. What can i do about this?

#612 Before

Before
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:41 PM

PSA you still need WinCDEmu if you're not on Windows 10. Guide should reflect that

#613 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 12 May 2019 - 10:38 AM

PSA you still need WinCDEmu if you're not on Windows 10. Guide should reflect that

You can mount disks to install the game on Windows 10. The latest patches do not require mini-disks. Mini-disks are only required if you use an earlier patch. Mini-disks require WinCDEmu. To simplify the guide I assumed that everyone has Windows 10 and I moved this information to the Troubleshooting section.

#614 Before

Before
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 07:28 PM

Main link for RotWK is down

#615 Buka1

Buka1
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:31 PM

deleted

Edited by Buka1, 24 May 2019 - 05:57 PM.

#616 RememberOsgiliath

RememberOsgiliath
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:30 PM

Wanted to see if anyone had a fix for startup crashes for BFME II. I made a post on the regular fix forum however wanted to reach out here as well.

Game won't open and crashes with no error message. All of this even after all of the fixes recommended like option.ini and game.dat.

I'm on re install number three to see if there were any sort of corrupted files. But will keep trying until I find a fix.

Edited by RememberOsgiliath, 25 May 2019 - 10:31 PM.

#617 PiercedByMany

PiercedByMany
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:03 AM

Wanted to see if anyone had a fix for startup crashes for BFME II. I made a post on the regular fix forum however wanted to reach out here as well.

Game won't open and crashes with no error message. All of this even after all of the fixes recommended like option.ini and game.dat.

I'm on re install number three to see if there were any sort of corrupted files. But will keep trying until I find a fix.

I am as well. I installed the base game and each patch sequentially, and the game would not get past the default loading screen that appears on your desktop before you get the "Launch" button option. I installed an options file, game.dat, and created a maps folder to no avail.

#618 PiercedByMany

PiercedByMany
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 03:43 AM

I am as well. I installed the base game and each patch sequentially, and the game would not get past the default loading screen that appears on your desktop before you get the "Launch" button option. I installed an options file, game.dat, and created a maps folder to no avail.

I got it to work. I uninstalled the game using the uninstall executable in the Program files (86x) Electronic Arts folder, wiped the Roaming folders, and did a fresh reinstall.

Then I followed the instructions doing this:

1.) Mount disk drive and install game.

2.) Install patch 1.06

3.) Install path 1.09 using patch switcher

4.) Download Game.dat. Here's what was getting me besides one other thing: On chrome, downloading game.dat you have to replace a game.dat already in your folder. There's game.dat and game2.dat. I deleted each of these files before and added it in, you are not supposed to do that. Chrome will download game.dat as game(2).dat or game(3).dat if you had downlaoded it before, so be sure to change the name to game.dat and just drop it in on a fresh install and overwrite the existing game.dat.

5.) Do windows key + r, type %appdata%, get to the roaming folder for BFME 2, and create a Maps folder and and Options file. The options file will have the same issue as the game.dat if you had previously downloaded it. 

6.) It should work after this, if you keep getting issues, wipe every file but the disk mounter and just follow the steps carefully, make sure there are no residue files. 

#619 Sum1UDidntC

Sum1UDidntC
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 06:54 PM

I'm working on getting BFME2 working and so far everything works fine for me up to the point where i replace the original game.dat file with the downloaded one. Before doing so the game will "Start" but say i need to insert the CD. However, when i replace the original game.dat file with the new one and try starting the game it will pop up for a millisecond and quit. Ive followed the instructions perfectly. Ive uninstalled and deleted everything twice and im still not getting it to work. Im thinking theres a problem with the game.dat file im downloading possibly. Not sure if theres a different place i can download it to find out. Also after the first time it failed i tried opening the .dat file out of curiosity and i made it so it opens in notepad so im not sure if thats screwing something up now? I cant find a way to change it back to "what app am i supposed to use to open this" kind of file. Im on Windows 10 btw. I also have ROTWK working just fine. I just want to try out the HD version of BFME2

Edited by Sum1UDidntC, 09 June 2019 - 06:57 PM.

#620 Antoniodeath678

Antoniodeath678
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:41 PM

Do i have to download the Mini Cd Images for BFM2 and ROTWK ?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users