[BFME1/BFME2/ROTWK] Games Download & Installation Guide

• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#761 BFME2021

BFME2021
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:57 AM

Just chiming in to say I was able to get the game working in 2021! (Just BFMEII as I wanted it for nostalgia purposes.....) Just followed the instructions in the original post in the proper order, only had one issue.

After installing the game and the patches/T3A online application I was asked for the proper cd upon booting up the game. I just replaced the game.dat file (again) and it worked!
So stoked to play this campaign, its been almost a fucking decade. I absolutely loved this game growing up.

Thank you thank you thank you!

#762 NearlyHeadlessNick7

NearlyHeadlessNick7
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 07:58 PM

Hey, I just downloaded BFMEII step by step, even reinstalled it, but it still won't let me play because it says it cannot located the CD-Rom. But all the stuff I've already downloaded makes it so that I don't need a disk, so why is it still not letting the game show up? I don't have a disk.

#763 NearlyHeadlessNick7

NearlyHeadlessNick7
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 08:04 PM

I got everything set, but when I launch the game (and the BFMEII Patch 1.09 launcher shows up), it will load for a while, then close. This repeats every time I try to open the game. Any ideas?

#764 jurhiner@gmail.com

jurhiner@gmail.com
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 09:29 PM

help the online game is not working. I have the original game and installed the patch.

#765 NearlyHeadlessNick7

NearlyHeadlessNick7
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 09:47 PM

I tried downloading two different games separately from each other, but when the launch thing comes up for both they freeze, then vanish after a little while. If anyone can help me download at least one of them in the future, let me know. :(

#766 LegionJam

LegionJam
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 06:44 PM

Hi i recently installed bfme 1 with patch 1.06 and wanted to ask if there is anyway to enable the intro movie and logos thanks.

#767 Before

Before
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 06:09 PM

For BfME 2 (experimental fix)

• Open the game folder location. On Windows 10 the location is at:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth (tm) II
  • Delete this file from the game folder:
    lotrbfme2.exe [image]
  • Then find this file:
    game.dat [image]

Rename the file to:
    lotrbfme2.exe [image]

This doesn't work - Experimented first hand + seen other people say it hasn't worked

#768 JuanPabloC

JuanPabloC
  • New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Projects:play games :D

Posted 01 February 2021 - 10:47 PM

With patch 2.02 game launches without a problem but when I change it to patch 2.01 to play with the edain mod it says please insert CD what should i do to solve this problem?

Thanks

Did you find a fix to this??? Happens the same to me, and i want to play Edain Mod that require version 2.01 =(

#769 Angmar009

Angmar009
  • T3A Staff
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 12:41 AM

With patch 2.02 game launches without a problem but when I change it to patch 2.01 to play with the edain mod it says please insert CD what should i do to solve this problem?

Thanks

Did you find a fix to this??? Happens the same to me, and i want to play Edain Mod that require version 2.01 =(

You will need to refer to the section on mini-images to play 2.01/ edain mod without a cd.

They don't care if support needs help until support decides they don't want to help anymore.

#770 acthornt

acthornt
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 08:25 PM

Hello all,

I've installed the game, patched it and gotten it to boot up. However, when I try to start a new campaign the program crashes without any explanation or error code on the world map. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. I am running Ubuntu 20.04 and installed the game through Lutris in case anyone needs that info.

#771 vicar

vicar
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 06:57 AM

Nvm, I think I found the solution in another thread. 

Thanks for this great tutorial!

I've installed BFME2 successfully, and I've just finished installing and patching Witch King.

When I try to run Witch King, I get this crash message: 

"Expected signed integer value, math op, or predefined macro, but found 'MORDOR_FORTRESS_WALLHUB_EXPANSION_BUILDCOST'

Error parsing field 'BuildCost' in block 'Object' in file 'data\ini\object\evilfaction\structures\mordor\mordorcastlewallhubexpansion.ini\, line 219."

It goes on.

Can anyone set me straight? I'm pretty sure I've followed the instructions carefully, twice, just to make sure.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot 2021-02-11 225703.png

Edited by vicar, 12 February 2021 - 07:00 AM.

#772 Mayko_Esque

Mayko_Esque
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 02:46 AM

Cd key generator not working. Is it too late now to get a key?

#773 Angmar009

Angmar009
  • T3A Staff
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 11:53 PM

no it should still work. if it's not downloading it then right click it then click open link in new tab. If it is getting blocked, it is a false positive, you'll have to let it through your anti-virus. If it still doesn't work, you can search for a key list on youtube.

They don't care if support needs help until support decides they don't want to help anymore.

#774 Legionar89

Legionar89
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 03:36 PM

followed all the original instructions for install,

when i select BFME2 from the T3A:Online, i get a message similar to :CA public key failed:    ... something like that...  as the game itself launches 

any ideas? 

thank you,

Alex

#775 Angmar009

Angmar009
  • T3A Staff
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 11:37 PM

If you are on 1.09 v2, try checking the single-player box in the bfme2 patchswitcher

#776 koufa13

koufa13
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 01:48 PM

can someone help me plz? i download the mirror 1 for bfme1 but when i try to install the game at 64% of the installing stops and telling me that the file support cannot transfer to media so the installation stops there..someone know the problem guys?

#777 xD_JoKeR

xD_JoKeR
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 09:37 AM

Hello,

I followed the steps to install the game (rotwk) with all the patches, but i can't install the online launcher. When i click to download just nothing happens. does someone knows what could be the problem?

#778 jimiintheskywithdiamonds

jimiintheskywithdiamonds
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 02:17 PM

Is anyone else getting this issue? Installed the patches as instructed...

It won't me click debug or ok.

#779 Laxmaster

Laxmaster
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 10:51 PM

I think i have followed the directions but the installation of the Patch Switcher is not working. It just downloads a word file instead of an application. Is there another link or something that i can use? 

#780 davidmilan576

davidmilan576
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:09 PM

hi guys is the ftp link to download 1.06 standalone or the launcher broken? it brings 404 error

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users