[BFME1/BFME2/ROTWK] Games Download & Installation Guide

• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#881 FishSlayer242

FishSlayer242
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 12:13 AM

Hey, so I did everything as instructed to install BFME II. I downloaded the game.dat file and moved it to the C/program files (x86) etc folder. However, on launch, it is still requesting a CD to be inserted. Please help! 

Edited by FishSlayer242, 19 May 2023 - 12:14 AM.

#882 bfmeenthusiast

bfmeenthusiast
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 10:55 AM

The clickable link with the patch was also broken for me, but I managed to trace it down and if you copy the following link and download it, it worked for me after this. I had the same error (required a CD disk) that was resolved afterwards.  http://server.cnc-online.net/downloads/patch/T3AOnlineBFME1_Patch1.06_AIO.exe 

#883 notmitchwilson

notmitchwilson
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2023 - 08:59 PM

My friend and I are at a complete loss. Cannot get into a game with each other to save our lives. We download everything exactly as stated on the forums and we have done it twice. We tried T3A and I kept getting a CA patching error, then when we try with game ranger he is get a "game mismatch" error. Neither of us have mods installed. We tried re downloading the patch switcher and that did not work. 

We have uninstalled everything and reinstalled it twice. 

#884 Elegost12

Elegost12
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2023 - 04:32 AM

Hi, I can't find the skirmishaidata.ini file to tweak the game so AI build and use siege units. I'm guessing it has replaced with one of the files of the patches, if someone can help me locate in what file I can tweak the AI behavior I'd really appreciate it. I want to edit AI for bfme 2 rotwk by the way.

Edited by Elegost12, 08 July 2023 - 04:35 AM.

#885 Light

Light
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 September 2023 - 03:20 PM

Hi

after updating t3Online application , I can't run bfme by launcher.

Game launches by its own exe file.

but launcher cant launch it. It says Unable to launch bfme

old launcher launches the game but unable to login. It says login timed out

does the new launcher directs me to a new server ?

is there any way to see if my connection is ok or not ?

if the new and the old launcher both of them direct me to the same server , I will use the old and have to find a way to connect.

I live in Iran and actually many addresses are blocked right now. I want to know if it's my connection fault or just the old launcher is outdated ?

Edited by Light, 09 September 2023 - 03:22 PM.

#886 Light

Light
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 September 2023 - 03:22 PM

Hi

if the new and the old launcher both of them direct me to the same server , I will use the old and have to found a way to connect.

I live in Iran and actually many addresses are blocked right now. I want to know if it's my connection fault or just the old launcher is outdated ?

https://t3aonline.net/

this address loads successfully in browser

#887 cRaZy-bisCuiT

cRaZy-bisCuiT
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 09:35 PM

Hi

if the new and the old launcher both of them direct me to the same server , I will use the old and have to find a way to connect.

For me it runs very well in a Windows virtual mashine as well as playing on Linux with wine. I'm not sure what causes your issue.

#888 Canorandir

Canorandir
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2023 - 10:20 AM

Greetings!

Sorry to bother everyone, i tried to install the BFME1 with the link in the first post, but i get the error "A problem occurred when trying to transfer the file E:\Support\sv\lasmig.txt"

Retrying doesnt work, while cancelling aborts entire installation. Anyone had this thing? Probably because lasmig.txt is actually läsmig.txt? How do i fix this and make the installation happen?

Thank you in advance!

/////Read the last messages on this read, copied entire iso to a folder in the pc, renamed to lasmig, everything worked. Sorry, was a little bit upset and didnt read previous posts.

Edited by Canorandir, 02 October 2023 - 10:29 AM.

#889 Hellalex93

Hellalex93
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2023 - 06:16 PM

Anyone who knows how to download BFME on Wineskin - anyone who knows the steps on MacBook Pro?

#890 Kolk

Kolk
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2023 - 05:54 PM

thank you for the game :) , but I have a problem , I'm not able to save a game

Could you help me with this?

Solved: I've reinstalled the game  

Edited by Kolk, 26 October 2023 - 09:24 PM.

#891 Rulotron2501

Rulotron2501
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 03:05 PM

Hey everyone, thanks for the game!

I need help with BfME 2, I've installed the game following the instructions, added the options.ini file and the game starts, but I can only play the tutorial, if I try to start a campaign it crashes, I've tried all sort of fixes, but nothing works so far, can you help? 

Thanks again

#892 eydreyts

eydreyts
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2023 - 03:32 PM

Hello, everyone!

I finally found a way to download BFME2. Thanks for this.

I followed all the steps to download and so far no problems but when I run it, it doesn't load or start. It just crashes without any error.

I have integrated graphics, Ryzen 5600G, my drivers are updated, and now I don't know what to do next.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by eydreyts, 07 November 2023 - 03:32 PM.

#893 summermadness

summermadness
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2023 - 10:03 PM

Hey there,

I cant get Rise of the Witch King 2.01 to run on Win10. Personally, I don't want to play with fanmade changes :/

Here are my steps:

-downloaded & installed BFM2

-downloaded and run Patch 1.09v2 - set it to 1.06

-run StartupFixer. Gave me an error saying "did you do something wrong? Should I fix it?" - "yes"

-started the game -> runsawesome.jpg

-downloaded & installed WitchKing (with 1.06 still set)

-downloaded Patch 2.01 in my language

-downloaded Patch 2.02

-downloaded & placed Options.ini

-set the Patch 2.02 to 2.01

-> sais "insert CD"

-ran StartupFixer again. Gave me an error saying "did you do something wrong? Should I fix it?" - "yes"

-> sais "insert CD"

-> mounted miniimages -> "insert CD" -> damn.jpg

-> set Patch 2.02 to 2.02 -> game runs. But AGAIN: I don't want to run in fanmade patch 2.02 :(

Any help would be appreciated

#894 afrikinzebra

afrikinzebra
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2023 - 03:19 PM

I'm sure this is probably answered somewhere deep embedded in this thread, but I cannot access the download files for the T3A: Online launcher on the webpage. When I go to click on the linked picture for the launcher, nothing happens. Is there a fix for this? Maybe it's my firewall? Nothing comes up and no downloading processes start.

Any help would be appreciated! Trying to get set up so I can play BFME with a friend online!

#895 HeMLi

HeMLi
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2023 - 02:27 AM

Game Crash (Code Error)

Coming soon.

Hi,

Is this still in the works?
I am getting this error when launching ROTWK with the latest patch 2.02 v9.
I am not allowed to add a picture to the post, but it says something about 'Mordor_Fortress_Wallhub_expansion_buildcost' is not found.

#896 ProductiveYetti

ProductiveYetti
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2023 - 09:15 PM

Any Ideas how to fix this?

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

#897 HATTRICK39

HATTRICK39
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2023 - 07:25 PM

I am at a loss. I download BFME2 fine and download the patch switcher fine. When I download the ROTWK file, it finishes up, and there is no way for me to get into the game. There is no short cut or launcher in my files to start the game. Also when I go to look for the game.dat file, it doesnt seen to be in there. 

Any thoughts?

#898 bretski

bretski
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 09:40 AM

How do i fix this?

#899 Angmar009

Angmar009
  • T3A Staff
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 04:15 AM

I am at a loss. I download BFME2 fine and download the patch switcher fine. When I download the ROTWK file, it finishes up, and there is no way for me to get into the game. There is no short cut or launcher in my files to start the game. Also when I go to look for the game.dat file, it doesnt seen to be in there. 

Any thoughts?

It is very possible your antivirus is flagging your rotwk files. If you just have windows defender, you can find a guide here on how to whitelist your rotwk folder

They don't care if support needs help until support decides they don't want to help anymore.

#900 Tim C-Jones

Tim C-Jones
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2024 - 06:44 PM

Has anyone come across an issue with the "My Heroes" screen where the heroes are slightly out of shot? The camera pans above them, so you can't actually see what they look like.

How do I fix this? I've had no resolution issues with the game itself.

28 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users