MO 3.3 // Campaign, Cooperative & Challenge Discussion

• Please log in to reply
2298 replies to this topic

#1921 Janusz Olender

Janusz Olender
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:49 PM

Is it just me, who is wondered about Soviet(and to an extent Allied) recent victories? Before Juggernaut, they claimed, that they need China to defeat Yuri, but now, they are rolling forward and getting only stronger. Of course, the cyborg tech is useful, but still, shouldn't Russians and Latins be severely outnumbered? They just switched from "barely alive" to "almost unstoppable" despite tremendous casualties during first half of War and Chinese campaign.A bunch of cyborg and EMP couldn't make such a difference. Allies victories on the other hand, are understandable, since they have Paradox Engine and the Chronosphere, but they should also be low on manpower.

Edited by Janusz Olender, 25 September 2018 - 09:51 PM.

#1922 0Weber0

0Weber0
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:05 PM

Is it just me, who is wondered about Soviet(and to an extent Allied) recent victories? Before Juggernaut, they claimed, that they need China to defeat Yuri, but now, they are rolling forward and getting only stronger. Of course, the cyborg tech is useful, but still, shouldn't Russians and Latins be severely outnumbered? They just switched from "barely alive" to "almost unstoppable" despite tremendous casualties during first half of War and Chinese campaign.A bunch of cyborg and EMP couldn't make such a difference. Allies victories on the other hand, are understandable, since they have Paradox Engine and the Chronosphere, but they should also be low on manpower.

I believe the soviets we see in missions is basically everyone. We use ALL avaible forces with zero backup from other fronts. Also, we're making kinda special operations in the campaing, China might be migthy helpfull just by offering a big, sturdy target for epsilon while we work on "small" skirmishes. China is big and has tons of manpower, we just don't see them in action. As far as we know, they may be on their last stand and about to be annihilated (proto-foehn being a case apart) or sending offensive operations at epsilon's bases. The campaing doesn't focus on them a lot.

Edited by 0Weber0, 25 September 2018 - 10:10 PM.

#1923 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:08 PM

I think it's because Moscow is strategically unimportant to Yuri right now. 

If Moscow falls, who cares? If the Mental Omega triggers, then the Russians wasted their efforts and they'll be dominated. If the Mental Omega gets fucked by the Paradox Engine? Well now Epsilon HQ is compromised, Moscow is compromised, the Moonbase is compromised. Game over for Yuri.

So Epsilon might be concentrating a lot of their forces at HQ, leaving minimal defenses in Moscow to distract the Russians.

It's not that the Russians got stronger, it's that Epsilon is not trying to win.

Edited by Tathmesh, 25 September 2018 - 10:09 PM.

#1924 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:39 PM

Also, all those cyborg units they got from proto-Foehn. That helps a lot too.

#1925 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:53 PM

Yeah, each of those Cyborgs are like mini Volkovs. No wonder Soviets got back up easily

Also, I'd imagine that even if Soviets didn't realize, Allied's campaign have helped them out a lot. Many Epsilon bases were rekt by Paradox Engine. That would inherently weaken their power worldwide

Edited by Handepsilon, 25 September 2018 - 11:56 PM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1926 GameMaster0000

GameMaster0000
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:15 AM

I'm sure that soviet never know that Paradox Engine is existed.

#1927 DrZiztah

DrZiztah
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 09:58 AM

Do remember, at least in Allies' case, that the flight of the Paradox Engine southwards has left a trail of battles behind it and even before that we see active efforts to fight in Atlantic theatres. Several missions show us how the combined Allied forces liberate various mind controlled forces around the Atlantic seaboard. Italy, Canary Islands (Spain), South Africa, Puerto Rico (USA) and France among other ones are seen first-hand, but it is not unreasonable assume that Allies have been heavily bolstering their forces with the mind controlled forces from various European and African bases and member states as they head towards the Epsilon HQ.

Edited by DrZiztah, 26 September 2018 - 09:58 AM.

Mostly in it for the lore. Although, I do enjoy basebuilding as well.

#1928 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 26 September 2018 - 01:26 PM

Just because they don't know it exists doesn't mean it doesn't exist. With the Paradox Engine running rampant, Epsilon would have their position more weakened, and this indirectly helped the Soviets because their army are more focused on the Paradox Engine now. With the Soviets' newly found cybertech, however, they wouldn't take much notice of this development and thinks, "Well, this tech surely helps a lot"

Also, I think Chinese still helps? They didn't know it was an actual Russia that attacked them in Power Hunger

Edited by Handepsilon, 26 September 2018 - 01:27 PM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1929 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:53 PM

IIRC the soviets at least mentioned in one of their briefings "massive mobilization of allied fleet". They at least know that something big is taking place

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#1930 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:09 PM

If I read this correctly, the briefing in Nightcrawler states that the Psychic Amplifier in Bissau was destroyed by the Paradox Engine. Problem is, this contradicts with the events of Obsidian Sands, as the Psychic Amplifier there was clearly destroyed by Scorpion Cell in the opening cutscene. Unless, there were 2 Psychic Amplifiers in Bissau.

Yeah I do wonder about this...

3qPyjQ8.png

#1931 Revan0123

Revan0123
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Former Sith Lord who's stuck on earth, playing Video Games :P

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:33 PM

If I read this correctly, the briefing in Nightcrawler states that the Psychic Amplifier in Bissau was destroyed by the Paradox Engine. Problem is, this contradicts with the events of Obsidian Sands, as the Psychic Amplifier there was clearly destroyed by Scorpion Cell in the opening cutscene. Unless, there were 2 Psychic Amplifiers in Bissau.

Yeah I do wonder about this...

Simple, Yuri's forces tried to rebuild the Amplifier in Bissau to control the rebelling Scorpion Cell army. However, now that the Paradox Engine had fully recharged, the Allies had moved off of Tenerife and headed south/south east (Wiping out Epsilon forces on the way).

#1932 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:32 PM

Well, they go for the entire planet between them and the MOD, probable use of EMP turned into Blackout Tech, and the neurotoxins, perfected or not... The Conscious Slumber could be actually a cryogenisation of most members of the Revolt until the neurotoxin stop being lethal... Might cast under a new light the Revolt's fighting forces. Are they literally sacrificing their life by using the toxin so the ones still sleeping have a chance?

Something I just thought about on Discord, and now I wonder... Could it be true? Foehn are desperate to fight Epsilon according to backstory, and having to sacrifice what forces they have by using a yet-not fully perfected neurotoxin on their troops? I ean, talk about the 'They can't control us' from the Lancers being more than boasting... alternately, Act Third involves managing to build up the stength to rush and destroy the MOD before it can overpower the neurotoxin's effects...

#1933 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:20 AM

Are the loading screens for the new Covert Ops a placeholder or deliberately placed there?

hT8PHUN.gif

#1934 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:43 AM

They're there to stay.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#1935 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 02:29 PM

Sorry to be blunt like this, and I know that there's a whole load of work going into this project, not to mention more than a decade of doing this for free, so I don't want to sound disrespectful - but that does feel a bit lazy. I kinda hoped it was just placeholder until there's time to replace them. (Unless maybe there's a technical reason for it, like too many palettes, since every load screen uses its own.)

#1936 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 27 September 2018 - 03:21 PM

We are a bit lazy. You can always make your own, here's the template.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#1937 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 27 September 2018 - 03:22 PM

Well yeah, but this solution also allows custom missions to use proper loading screens with no need of replacing any SHP files, because they are universal. I would probably use a more interesting design though, but I didn't suggest any better alternative back then, so...

EDIT: I think files like these should be put somewhere, maybe there should be an official pinned topic "how to make your own fan mission look official" where people would learn about making briefings, loadscreen texts and loading screens themselves work?

Edited by Damfoos, 27 September 2018 - 03:27 PM.

#1938 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:52 PM

Ah right, I forgot that some of these covert ops missions come from Fan Missions, right? Sorry about that. Again, didn't want to sound disrespectful. That template will hopefully come useful.

Edited by Solais, 27 September 2018 - 05:53 PM.

#1939 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:07 PM

Well yeah, but this solution also allows custom missions to use proper loading screens with no need of replacing any SHP files, because they are universal. I would probably use a more interesting design though, but I didn't suggest any better alternative back then, so...

EDIT: I think files like these should be put somewhere, maybe there should be an official pinned topic "how to make your own fan mission look official" where people would learn about making briefings, loadscreen texts and loading screens themselves work?

These would all be good ideas. 

The fan missions are definitely broadening Mental Omega's lore and content. We get to see aspects of the story that twelve missions per act alone can't cover. 

Edited by Tathmesh, 27 September 2018 - 09:07 PM.

#1940 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 08:48 AM

Yeah, I hope there will be more added in the future. I personally love, as I work on the timeline, how much they "fatten" the timeline, and how a single mission like Fullmetal can give a whole lot context to when other missions take place. And the small details in the story. Like Eclipse finally clearly told us that Pacific Front really wasn't working with China, but China conquered Japan and used their tech and units.

I almost kinda wonder, now that we have the map templates, if someone had enough time to waste to make maps that actually show territory changes, like in RA2. :V

Edited by Solais, 28 September 2018 - 08:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users