Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#1 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,982 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:12 PM

New pinned thread, for feedback on balance of existing features, suggestions of possible new features and alterations to the things that are already available in the mod.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#2 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:21 PM

Can Foehn get a repair vehicle for game modes where miners and ore are disabled?

#3 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:25 PM

Can we have ini files for personel tweaks anytime soon?

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#4 RedFox34

RedFox34
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:28 PM

Is it just me or does it seem like the Black Widow tanks way too much damage? It's already cloaked and fast.

So far I'm not really sure what the point is of the Mercury Laser, even with the Target Painter applied it hardly does any damage.  About the only use I could think of for it would to be to finish off a building you couldn't quite kill in an attack.   Especially disinclined to use it since it costs me $800 to do so for the minimal return.

Kinda wish in future releases missions had briefings before they're ready to play.   I'd like to start the new missions but they/I don't feel ready yet without an understanding of the story context you get from the briefing.

Edited by RedFox34, 17 December 2016 - 10:30 PM.

#5 yunru the gundealer

yunru the gundealer
  • Members
  • 126 posts
  •  LET ME SELL YOU A GOOD GUN, EY?

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:16 PM

make the foehn anti air have a tad bit more ammo, they don't really seem to have much to begin with, thats all i can think of at this time.

#6 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:29 PM

Use SODAR arrays deployed in your base to boost their firepower and you should be fine.

#7 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:13 AM

Kinda wish in future releases missions had briefings before they're ready to play.   I'd like to start the new missions but they/I don't feel ready yet without an understanding of the story context you get from the briefing.

You can click the briefing icon in game to read the story... though I do agree that it's a little unintuitive. But alas, I think this is an engine limit.

#8 RedFox34

RedFox34
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:18 AM

Oh, I know about that.  What I meant is that the Act 2 missions have text that says "BRIEFING NOT HERE, will be in later update" or along the lines.

#9 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:59 AM

Wait, really??? Dang, I haven't checked the Act 2 missions yet, but that's somewhat disappointing. Hopefully it will be patched once I'm done with replaying (and hopefully, actually beating) Act 1, the missions can be quite long to play more than one a day in one sitting.

#10 Malekron

Malekron
  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:28 AM

Is a morale mechanic possible? Or is it even possible to code it in to the engine?

I remember a code in which civilians would run around aimlessly in a panicked manner. I think the code was either "Cowardly" or "Coward". Not necessarily it but it is in spirit.

Maybe a unit that can be devised that uses fear gas or terror rays that causes a panicked disorder throughout the opponent's ranks.  On that note...

==Terror Crebain==

Requires: Special Mercenary Services Camp (Neutral Structure) or Tech Secret Lab

Cost: 1300

Armour: Light

HP: 125 / 50 (dummy)

Speed: 7

Equipment: Terror Raygun / Fear Gas Dummies (deployed)

Range:  8 / 12 (deployed radius)

Role: Unit Disruption and Driver Removal, Terror, Area Denial

Description: Mercenaries that dress up as scarecrows. They are armed with Terror Rayguns that cause fear (the target will run around aimlessly and be unable to fire) in units and will eventually result in death by heart attack (uses a delayed death mechanic that can also affect vehicle drivers). They can also deploy dummies that leak out fear gas that also does the same job, only as a static defense for area denial.

#11 yunru the gundealer

yunru the gundealer
  • Members
  • 126 posts
  •  LET ME SELL YOU A GOOD GUN, EY?

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:28 AM

Use SODAR arrays deployed in your base to boost their firepower and you should be fine.

oh, i didn't know their were effected by them

#12 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:06 AM

A gamemode where eco boosters would grant stolentech units as a pseudo-tier4 building instead of eco boosting would be nice for experimenting purposes.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#13 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:17 AM

I think I'm gonna need a build order guide for Foehn. I can build everything in Skirmish slowly but I don't think I'll last 5 mins playing as Foehn in multiplayer, because I have no idea what to do first and next. Theirs tech tree and gameplay just feels so alien to me.

Usually one would spam dogs first to scout and eat engineers, but not here. A single infantry cost so much that it would bankrupt you early game, so a completely new approach is needed.

Edited by X1Destroy, 18 December 2016 - 03:21 AM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#14 Damfoos

Damfoos

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:04 AM

So far I'm not really sure what the point is of the Mercury Laser, even with the Target Painter applied it hardly does any damage. About the only use I could think of for it would to be to finish off a building you couldn't quite kill in an attack. Especially disinclined to use it since it costs me $800 to do so for the minimal return.

You use it against units, not against structures. Useful for finishing blobs of wounded infantry and damaging light units, especially when you also have the Tanya IFV nearby. It also instantly kills dogs, in case you want to C4 a base.

#15 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:03 AM

I think I'm gonna need a build order guide for Foehn. I can build everything in Skirmish slowly but I don't think I'll last 5 mins playing as Foehn in multiplayer, because I have no idea what to do first and next. Theirs tech tree and gameplay just feels so alien to me.

Usually one would spam dogs first to scout and eat engineers, but not here. A single infantry cost so much that it would bankrupt you early game, so a completely new approach is needed.

Ill think about this.

#16 Wikapanther

Wikapanther
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:37 AM

Yes it kinda bugs me to. At start of the battle I allways make horde of dogs to kill enemy infantry and with foehn it's impossible because spying drones are only available later in game and katching infantry with knightsframes is painful.

#17 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:52 AM

So I played Skirmish with Wings of Coronia 3v3, versus a whole army of Epsilon subfactions. After capping MCVs of HQ and PsiCorps, I noticed something interesting.... This is Battle game mode, mind you

PsiCorpsAndHQCapped.jpg

GOTTA CAP THEM ALL

As a side note, I like Wings of Coronia. Instead of tanks, I decided to strike with all the aircrafts in the arsenal. They're terrible at structure destruction though, and the Epsilons massed a lot of Bio Reactor just to keep a handful of towers and gatling guns running

Edited by Handepsilon, 18 December 2016 - 09:54 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#18 Damfoos

Damfoos

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:59 AM

Yeah, it seems now you can get the full tech from all the factions.

BTW, I've played a game vs Allies, Soviet, Epsilon and Foehn to obtain the super-stolen tech. Guess what I've got? The Cyborg Commando! Too bad his projectiles are just as unreliable as in 3.0, I'd love if his weapon worked like in TI (instant vaporizer with cool green effects). Besides, after all the cool stolen tech units (RRRRRAMWAGON!) the Cyborg doesn't look that interesting for a super-stolen technology, not anymore. Maybe replace it with some super cool vehicle unit?

Edited by Damfoos, 18 December 2016 - 10:31 AM.

#19 iWat

iWat
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:02 AM

Is there any way to change gamespeed for missions?

#20 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:58 AM

Yeah, it seems now you can get the full tech from all the factions.

Yeah, blame me. FactoryOwners was only merged into Ares 0.6 while it was planned to be used from the start, but technical issues prevented it to be finished beforehand.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users