Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#41 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:26 PM

Well, MO campaign and Cesare's videos prove that a compatible editor exists, and if artmo.ini was damaged I doubt any maps could be created recently (but they were). Then either their editor is modified differently, or I don't have something important. I'll check the file for ([ ) and ( ]) however, thanks for advice.

#42 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:30 PM

Even during the later 3.0 days, mappers had separate customized for-FA2 mixes. So I guess you do miss something important.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#43 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:43 PM

Does the fucking Harbinger has an ammo count? That thing is worse than the Tempest because of the splits logic, yet Harbinger has a faster recharge. :wat:

Also, pretty sure it's more armored than a Kirov.

Tempest is superweapon
Harbringer is not

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#44 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:28 AM

Quetzal's floating balls having alot of difficulty coming back to the Quetzal if your Quetzals are above water tiles.

When I highlighted them, it seems as if they're moving back and forth like how when you command a flying unit to water tile and the target line immediately changed to the nearest land tile from the targeted water tile.

This problem doesn't exist if the Quetzal is above land tile.

#45 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:19 PM

I noticed that Allied forces are the only faction not having any means to steal enemy units, aside from Engineer and Chrono Prison stolen tech

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#46 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:24 PM

I think the Chinese wall breaker might be just a tad bit overpowered: it can demolish multiple closely palced Antares Batteries from full HP. I know it's supposed to be effective against defenses, but should its power really rival the superweapons'? It also seems like cargo planes and the LC's smoke bomber are not only very fast, but ridiculously well armored, they could not be stopped by a wall of 4 gatling tanks and 2 oxidizers in bunkers + 6 stationary gatling cannons, especially the smoke bomber.

Edited by Divine, 19 December 2016 - 12:29 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#47 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:23 PM

I think the Chinese wall breaker might be just a tad bit overpowered: it can demolish multiple closely palced Antares Batteries from full HP. I know it's supposed to be effective against defenses, but should its power really rival the superweapons'? It also seems like cargo planes and the LC's smoke bomber are not only very fast, but ridiculously well armored, they could not be stopped by a wall of 4 gatling tanks and 2 oxidizers in bunkers + 6 stationary gatling cannons, especially the smoke bomber.

It's pretty powerful for what is supposed to be a wall breaker, it kept putting my base into low power due to my tight built powerplants in Sunlight mission, as well as reducing my War Factory into yellow state

It's also super effective against the Soviet later on when I got it, managed to put every defense buildings on the beachhead to red

Edited by Handepsilon, 19 December 2016 - 04:24 PM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#48 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:00 PM

Further experience with the LC smoke bomber. I had at least 6 bunkered gatling cannons fire at it and it got hit by a full salvo from 6 Gehenna Platforms too, Libra, and 8 clones, and still flew. Then the Gehennas, as usual, gone full retard and tried to chase it down. This is not a post about the Smoke Bomber tho, but the Gehennas. The problem with this extreme stupidity, that it tries to chase down enemies, break formation, then get killed by other enemy units, persists since the Gehenna Platform exist and it greatly diminishes its usefullness. Can the Mentalmesiters fix it for good? Making it a deployable vehicle would probably be the easiest solution.

Edited by Divine, 19 December 2016 - 05:02 PM.

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron

#49 RedFox34

RedFox34
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:42 PM

Somewhere in one of these topics a user suggested a tutorial campaign.  If the idea is touched upon by MO, my thought was that it might be interesting to set a tutorial campaign in an Act 0 of sorts in the interbellum or possibly even beginning at the close of the 2nd war.   Reason being: Act 1 is basically Soviet victory, Act 2 Epsilon victory, Act 3 Foehn victory (probably).  A set of "Act 0" missions would complete the theme and have some missions set during the Allied period of dominance.

#50 Damfoos

Damfoos

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:57 PM

So I've been trying to recolor the Inferno Tower projectile a bit, to make its beam more distinct from Antares beam, but I couldn't find the sprite and eventually found another neat looking sprite instead. I don't know where it is used in the mod, but I think this already looks distinct enough, so how about doing something like that (same color, different shape) in the official patch? Sorry for crappy quality of the record, this is my first screen video converted to gif.

1482173677128554672.gif

#51 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:27 PM

So I've been trying to recolor the Inferno Tower projectile a bit, to make its beam more distinct from Antares beam, but I couldn't find the sprite and eventually found another neat looking sprite instead. I don't know where it is used in the mod, but I think this already looks distinct enough, so how about doing something like that (same color, different shape) in the official patch? Sorry for crappy quality of the record, this is my first screen video converted to gif.

I think they are supposed to have the same type of weapon, only the Antares' is stronger. That's why they look the same.

#52 Damfoos

Damfoos

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:38 PM

There's a significant difference in how they work in game, and it is quite confusing when you assault a base and get attacked by some weapon you can't properly identify (gameplay reasons). That's why people suggested to make them look slightly different from each other before (it wasn't my idea only), to help identify which weapon is firing at you. Besides, this color looks closer to what we can see on Risen Inferno cameo :p

#53 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:03 PM

The best solution to the Gehenna problem and problem with many anti-air units would be a hack that's already been done in TS that stops those units from chasing aircraft all over the map.

The problem is not unique to Gehenna.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#54 XoGamer

XoGamer

Strategically Losing

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  i won already

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:44 PM

Foehn Signal Distorter thing is really annoying me ;-;

You can't fire SW there - that's kinda OP.

"I cast a deadly shadow." - Apocalypse

#55 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:28 PM

The best solution to the Gehenna problem and problem with many anti-air units would be a hack that's already been done in TS that stops those units from chasing aircraft all over the map.

The problem is not unique to Gehenna.

Good idea. In TS it's done in a half-assed way tho, even though units don't chase aircraft, they still keep targeting them, and won't shoot at other enemies unless ordered to do so. 

Btw I think you should consider increasing the range of the Black Widow's radar jammer, and/or perhaps making it in a way that the jamming effect lasts for a few seconds after the jmmer has been used. When the AI uses the BW on my base, the plane keeps flying around it, and repeatedly turning on/off my radar in quick sucession, which is extremely annoying. I figured that it's probably because the plane flies too far away from my radar, so it turns back on for a few moments, before the plane starts jamming it again.

#56 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:59 PM

And you think that's not on purpose? :shiftee:

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#57 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:29 PM

And you think that's not on purpose? :shiftee:

I certainly hope that it's not. Being this annoying (ie: like the BW) constitutes as a war crime.

I just tried the spectator mode, watched a 3v3 AI match, Epsilon VS Allied, with "Mental AI boost". There wasn't enough dakka, as there can never be, but damn it was close.

Edited by Divine, 19 December 2016 - 11:31 PM.

#58 Zabii

Zabii
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:32 AM

So after trying the new Vultures for the LC, I found them to be a bit lacking with their new power. Yes the napalm is good for taking out groups of infantry... but it's a moot point considering it already has a machine gun to slowly mow 'em down. Especially considering infantry can just move away from the flames. The damage to buildings it deals seems to be a bit low as well unless I completely shower them with over a dozen of them dropping napalm strikes at the same time.

Not only that, but removing the smoke bomb artillery option takes away the LC's smoke versatility. The smoke turret does its job on the defensive, but lose this small mechanic when on the offensive. See while the Vulture could fire from a safe distance, it is harder to rely on smoke air strike special ability, and Dustdevils (The fact that all soviet factions can create Dustdevils the smoke mechanic for the LC seem a bit less special) due to how easy it is to take them down with advanced AA. I think a solution would be adding a special kind of infantry or vehicle for the LC that can passively fire smoke bombs at the enemy.

Also, was there something I may have missed? Because I kept shooting vehicles with Morales, and without the Hijacker, I have no idea how to take them over.

And finally, the new Arsonist unit for the LC is okay, but 1500 a bit too expensive considering how easy it is to detect them, and it's more annoying to the enemy than an actual threat.

Edited by Zabii, 20 December 2016 - 03:33 AM.

#59 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:42 AM

.... it is harder to rely on smoke air strike special ability, and Dustdevils (The fact that all soviet factions can create Dustdevils the smoke mechanic for the LC seem a bit less special) due to how easy it is to take them down with advanced AA.

Really now? I thought all these times, the planes used by LC to drop smokes on people are indestructible :ermm:

Also, was there something I may have missed? Because I kept shooting vehicles with Morales, and without the Hijacker, I have no idea how to take them over.

Did you know you can capture all white colored vehicles with engineer of any kind in MO 3.3? And as a slightly off topic, school bus has 5 passenger seats.

:shiftee:

(although in MO 3.0, engi capping unmanned vehicles is already a thing)

Edited by Handepsilon, 20 December 2016 - 03:47 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#60 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:14 AM

Haihead is seriously bad at turtling apparently... I guess they are the types which go frontal attacks.

Their Shadray seems the weakest (since it only effective against air infantries it seems, and enemy most of the time only sending air units) of any anti-airs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users