Photo

Poll: Which is the least competitive faction in MO 3.3?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll: Which is the least competitive faction in MO 3.3?

What do you think, which faction is the weakest / least competitive in MO 3.3?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 06:32 PM

For PsiCorps; I don't really see Psicorps having any way to win against a Foehn without salamanders.

I agree, and I have to confess that the first vote that went for psiCorps was actually mine. I believe that in general, most Epsilon units are mediocre/OK-ish but horribly overpriced. It's the worst for PsiCorps, the signature units of the faction lack any kind of versatility, have no armor, and cost way too much, and not fast enough to be actually good at hit and run. I mean come on. You have to try to bait your enemy into sending his units to be mind controlled, because nothing you have on your own is good enough to attack. If any kind of your units die, it creates an opening that the enemy can use to destroy everything you have, simply because every type of your units is suited for one thing only and they all have plenty of hard-counters. 

-Gehenna: this abomination is probably the worst way to waste your cash in the game. Literally absolutely useless, unless the enemy is a complete moron and sends aircraft one by one, unprotected.

-Mastermind: can be very good, but has no dakka on its own. Thus the PsiCorps lacks the firepower that every other faction *forgot about European Alliance* has in the form of an actual tier 3 monster.

-Epsilon Elite: like the Adept wasn't expensive enough lol. It gives a chance to actually win naval engagements tho, which would otherwise be rather hard, with the crappy Piranhas.

-Libra: she's literally the only redeeming factor of the whole faction (along with her clones). Still, she's a jack of all trades, master of none. 

-Marauader: good firepower, okay cost, but armor so weak that it just begs to be bombed by jets. And it's not THAT fast.

-Magnetron: overrated POS. Costs 1500$, made of wet tissue paper, and slow. Does no damage to units, and its range is too short to be an effective siege unit. I'd trade that 1500$ for a unit that can actually shoot the enemy any day.

Even the Scoripon Cell has Tyrants, which can at least harrass the enemy and force them not to venture too far from their important buildings. 

Edited by Divine, 17 January 2017 - 02:16 AM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#22 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:42 PM

PC doesn't have issues with Foehn but with other Epsilon factions. Because mass Brutes. Masterminds love Foehn. Except Megalodons, but Magnetrons love them.
For siege, use Basilisks. Magnetrons are better as an army support and vs enemy armies.
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#23 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:25 AM

PC doesn't have issues with Foehn but with other Epsilon factions. Because mass Brutes. Masterminds love Foehn. Except Megalodons, but Magnetrons love them.
For siege, use Basilisks. Magnetrons are better as an army support and vs enemy armies.

Yeah, it can work, sort of. Basilisk is typically the kind of unit that I meant when I was talking about mediocre/OK-ish units with horrible price tags. It's kinda good, can get the job done, but it's not as good as it should be for all that money. Frankly, it's just way too fragile, and its range isn't adequate for a lot of things. The whole PsiCorps army can work and get the job done, as CLAIstar demonstrated, but it doesn't change my feeling that their units are just inferior to most others.

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron

#24 hxazgalor

hxazgalor

Rear Admiral, 17th Imperial Fleet

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Projects:MO Wikia, Fan Fiction Works on AO3, Tiberium Cruentus
  •  Writer/Thinker/Gamer

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:23 AM

I'm surprised people voted for (or against?) China. And with 5 votes! Golly.

I Write Stuff. Sorta.

AO3: https://archiveofour...vericklaw/works

#25 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:46 AM

Must be pacifist Yunru's fault.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#26 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:32 PM

I WISH RUSSIA HAD APOCALYPSE TANKS WITHOUT HAVING TO INFILTRATE SOVIET BATTLELAB, IT WOULD BE MY WET DREAM COME TRUE.

Seriously though, this game fucking sweeeeeeeeeeeet..... so much to learn... Russia is like the meat grinder faction. Not as strong as mighty China, not as towel head terrorist style crazy bombs as the swarthy latinos.......

Just middle of the road, boots on the ground, get to the choppers, and electrocute those assmunchers, or go for a swim with the AKULAS.....

... I love Russia... and against those Foehn dicks? Spam terror drones, lol. I sent like 8 conscripts to try to take down 2 Fohen infantry... it was an arousing massacre

Oh yeah but back on topic, I'd say Russia is the least competitive faction... because they're not Fohen.

.. wait, what? China is tied with scorpion cell as least competitive? But China is MIGHTY!

Explain your selves, oh wise Chinese ones.

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr, 18 January 2017 - 08:40 PM.

#27 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:16 PM

Font size off please, you will never be taken seriously with that.

#28 DarkEmblem

DarkEmblem

MO Balance's Nemesis

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:57 PM

Font size off please, you will never be taken seriously with that.

Even with normal fonts I wouldn't have taken him seriously the way he types.

#29 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:02 PM

You know you love me Allstar. The big font represents my ERECTION for you. You two Dark Emblem. Lets have a three way. I'M THE DOMINANT ONE!

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr, 18 January 2017 - 10:04 PM.

#30 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:41 PM

Remind me, who the heck are you? I dont think i know you.

And to not bring the offtop, im casting my vote on Euro Alliance - currently outshined by most of factions. Received least of side specific additions in 3.3 and snipers do not seem to be as good & viable as Rito's and Suppressors.

There are 3 factions for which i noticed drop in number of players using them - Russia after well deserved wolfhound nerf, Euro Alliance and PsiCorps for various reasons.

#31 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:57 AM

You know you love me Allstar. The big font represents my ERECTION for you. You two Dark Emblem. Lets have a three way. I'M THE DOMINANT ONE!

1hwyfn.jpg

#32 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:28 AM

OK, now its a four way with this manly man ^^^ :w00t: I'm still the dominant one though.

lol, Allstar, you silly billy. Heheheh, you know me.. you know me as BIG POPPA! SAY MY NAME! rofl

naw, but seriously, the big font represents my love for the new Apocalypse tank.... in case you didn't notice.... Its awesome! It heals squads of infantry like the Drakuv, and it can take on any target it comes across! Tough as fuck! I'm glad it wasn't axed, as I thought was the case.

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr, 19 January 2017 - 01:30 AM.

#33 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:50 AM

You are bringing stolen tech talk to wrong thread.

#34 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:34 AM

You are bringing stolen tech talk to wrong thread.

hehehe. Don't lie Allstar, you know me. Been on Team Speak. You got a thick ass accent, high pitched soft voice. Not very manly. Man, I'm bringing desert to the table, mawfuckah! Don't resist.  :twisted:

Anyways, Russia almost seems empty, without the Apocalypse tank. Apoc should be made Russia specific unit.

Its tough to be competitive with Russia. The tesla tanks are good, and the wolfhounds good, but.... meh, you have to really foot slog it until you manage to tech up, and its expensive. Russia (soviet in general) has slow, easy to destroy, and expensive economy with their clumsy War miners.

Russia is like the Imperial Guard from Dawn of War 1. Meat grinder. But it doesn't have the Baneblade!

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr, 19 January 2017 - 04:36 AM.

#35 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:22 AM

ANYYYYYWAAAAAAAY

I decided to cast my vote to USA, because even though I heard some stuff being said about Abrams being uncounterable, it seems to be a really hard-to-learn faction for me, besides Scorpion Cell (though Tyrant seems to be destructive if massed and digs up to enemy base, theoretically, and Driller for Epsilon is quieter than usual)

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#36 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  Casual mod player and AS tester

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:18 AM

I do agree with Alstar about EA. They bring nothing really great in a multiplayer battle aside from chronoing 9 prisms into the back of someone's base. Otherwise you are inclined to turtle in big stalemates, especially in 2v2 and 3v3s. Their MBT is medium in every regard, Mirage Tanks work the best when standing still in a large group, which is technically a forest of Tank Destroyers. And then you have Charons and Thors. Charons are probably one of the most microintensive units in the game, correct me if I am wrong. And Thors are great support and aa units. So overall not the worst faction, but not very good either.
However, ea does work as a great PVE faction, judging by the number of coops with them. :) Their units are great for that. Kiting with Cavaliers, Prisms against infantry and so on.

I am surprised no one voted Haihead yet. I love Haihead, but I find myself in quite a pinch at times with them at t3, sitting like: how can I win? And do not say because of madman, because that would be a short answer. :p

I will not cast my vote yet. I have not played enough 1v1s to judge about that.

#37 Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelby

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:03 AM

Why are you talking like that?

Spoiler

#38 Admiral_Pit

Admiral_Pit
  • Project Team
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:26 AM

You know, after a month, I'm finally ready to cast my vote, and it belongs to European.  When comparing em to the other Allied subfactions, the USA surpass them in speed and base disruption via Tanya, and Pacific has the durability and artillery power to suppress many threats, not to mention how annoying Norio is...  Besides, EA is more of a defensive subfaction, let alone Force Shield and stuff to empower its base defenses.

The vote would've gone to Psi Corps as they're less common than EA, but at least PC can slow down Foehn armies with its magnetic technology, and its stuff still have some use, whether it be Gehennas harassing undefended air units that come close, Masterminds/Psychic Towers being a more sturdy method of mind control than just mere infantry (who are amphibious), or the fact that PC can actually perform some amphibious assaults outside of Dune Riders and naval units.

EA unfortunately is lackluster compared to many others, and with USA's buffs, this is greatly true.

"Knowledge is Power."  -Yunru

#39 Sizyfos31

Sizyfos31
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:08 AM

Interesting, as the subfactions that would mirror the original factions for YR the closest are now considered the weakest.Yeah, sure, there are also new toys for those subfactions, but they do not seem to catch up to the new arsenal of other subfactons in their respectable roster.

Also, one different thought about faction calculus in MO.

So far, there are 4 main factions and the calculus goes as :

Powerhouse - Soviets

Balanced - Foehn

Cannons - Allies

Subversive - Epsilon

So far so good, right? But that point holds only when looking at UNITS (and you all know that infantry is now the main force of fighting)

If the calculus is considered when talking about infantry of respectible factions, then I would say it goes as:

Powerhouse - Foehn

Balanced - Allies

Cannons - Epsilon

Subversive - Soviets

Or I just made a terrible mistake, did not think this through more and the choice was mainly determined by T1 infantry

This is what I see when anyone misspell Fury Drone as Furry Drone

I made a youtube playlist of songs that may have inspired mission names (at least 50% is correct and seen by Speeder himself)

#40 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:32 AM

Interesting, as the subfactions that would mirror the original factions for YR the closest are now considered the weakest.Yeah, sure, there are also new toys for those subfactions, but they do not seem to catch up to the new arsenal of other subfactons in their respectable roster.

Also, one different thought about faction calculus in MO.

So far, there are 4 main factions and the calculus goes as :

Powerhouse - Soviets

Balanced - Foehn

Cannons - Allies

Subversive - Epsilon

So far so good, right? But that point holds only when looking at UNITS (and you all know that infantry is now the main force of fighting)

If the calculus is considered when talking about infantry of respectible factions, then I would say it goes as:

Powerhouse - Foehn

Balanced - Allies

Cannons - Epsilon

Subversive - Soviets

Or I just made a terrible mistake, did not think this through more and the choice was mainly determined by T1 infantry

The problem is that Foehn has powerhouse durability, cannons firepower, and some subversive tech (confusion weapons, signal jammers), and late game, horde economy. Allies and Soviets are balanced now. Epsilon... Well, SC is subversive/horde and it's actually good at it. HQ is more like powerhouse, and PsiCorps is also subversive, except that it has the prices of cannons/powerhouse and the (lack of) durability of the horde.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users