Mordor Faction Plan

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 tituspullo

tituspullo
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:27 PM

i have a sugestion about mordor archers, since you have morgul orc and the normal orc archers are just crap maybe you can make morgul archers for a bit more stronger orc ranged units?

so you can also build on a strong orc army without the easterlings and haradrim

and maybe place orc or morgul archers on grond like in the movies

Edited by tituspullo, 04 August 2017 - 07:49 PM.

#62 sTRiker34

sTRiker34
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:25 PM

There is already two archer units in Mordor. Haradrim and Easterling archers. I dont see a reason for another archer unit to be honest.

#63 saruman_the_wise

saruman_the_wise

SarumanTheWise

• Project Team
  • 281 posts
  • Projects:Proud Beta/Alpha-tester of SaF and AotR

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:21 PM

i have a sugestion about mordor archers, since you have morgul orc and the normal orc archers are just crap maybe you can make morgul archers for a bit more stronger orc ranged units?

so you can also build on a strong orc army without the easterlings and haradrim

and maybe place orc or morgul archers on grond like in the movies

The last thing Mordor needs is another range unit.

#64 tituspullo

tituspullo
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:10 AM

okay, thanks for your awnser and opinion

#65 saruman_the_wise

saruman_the_wise

SarumanTheWise

• Project Team
  • 281 posts
  • Projects:Proud Beta/Alpha-tester of SaF and AotR

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:13 PM

okay, thanks for your awnser and opinion

Thanks for your suggestion and active involvement :)

#66 maverik99vc

maverik99vc
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:46 AM

Wonderful plan! I do have three constructive critiques though:

1. Perhaps Mordor as a faction is best off having wall hubs that can build walls that can be swapped for postern gates, normal gates, arrow towers, catapults, gate watchers, lava cauldron hubs, doom pyres and wall hubs?
  2. I noticed in the ModDB image gallery for this mod that the Easterling Kataphrakts are the common Easterling cavalry in this mod... will they be in the Easterling Camp or will there be a stables-type building for them and for any Variag Horseman cavalry? Speaking of which...
  3. Maybe Mordor could fare best in the cavalry department by having Easterling Kataphrakts and Variag Horsemen being respectively the Mordor mounted fencers and Mordor mounted archers?

But again, marvelous faction plan! With these three ideas taken into account I think this already fantastic plan can get even better, that's just IMO though.

Really nice, i dont think walls are too over powered for Mordor!!

#67 Morgul Orc

Morgul Orc
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:36 PM

I have a suggestion, I really miss having perm 3 fell beast Nazguls.

I understand that would be OP that is why we have the Witch King, but I think having 3 flying nazguls and nerfing the Witch King alone would be better since the Witch King is very tanky and OP alone specially against arrows. there could be 3 perma flying Nazguls just like BFME2. I liked it much better back in the horse lord's mod where you had all 3 flying nazguls.

The tier 15 ability can still work. Maybe summon 1 fellbeast and 2 on horse? Mordor has 9 Nazguls (I assume there will be 2 or 3 nazguls for the haradwith faction based on the books).

#68 Morgul Orc

Morgul Orc
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:08 PM

Guys, do you think it's a good idea to change the voice of the easterling pikemen?

Specially since the Easterling archers have the same voice. Why not make the pike have soldiers of rhun voice but keep the archers have the easterling voice.

It will specially be great when the they form up and say what the soldiers of rhun used to say, really nostalgic.

Also, do you think perhaps Mordor has too many swordsmen? Orc warriors, Men of khand, Black orcs, Morgul orcs?

#69 Babalu

Babalu
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

Just wondering if you are thinking of introducing a new Easterling Hero at any stage?

I know we already have Khamul but I would love a character similar to Games Workshops character Ambur, Lord of Blades:

https://www.games-wo...Lord-of-Blades 

#70 Evo.

Evo.
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:47 AM

Spellbook

5PP
Crack of Doom

Summons a patch of cracked, volcanic earth. All units inside of it take damage over time. 
Watcher of Morgul

Summons a Watcher of Morgul. Can be placed anywhere on the map. Detects stealthed units. Nearby enemy units lose all leadership. 
Orc Horn
10PP
Barricade
He Is Gathering All Evil To Him

Summons Haradrim Raiders, passively unlocks Easterling Kataphrakts and Easterling Swordsmen
Call the Horde
Slaves of Nurn
15PP
Dungeons of Dol Guldur
Darkness
Wraiths on Wings!
25PP

The Eye of Sauron 

Sauron gazes upon the battlefield. Briefly stuns all enemy units on the map. Enemies caught within the Eye are stunned for longer. Friendly units caught within it are buffed. 
Fires of Orodruin 

Burning rocks and ash pummel the battlefield.

I really like the new spells, I had an idea of making an earthquake from mount doom as 4th tier spell but this one sounds better, some might prefer keeping Eye of Sauron in 1st tier because this iconic spell has been in Mordor's 1st tier since bfme1, but I don't think that is an issue here, this way the spell is an excellent reference to the Black Gate clip from Return of the King and portrays Eye of Sauron as much more dangerous and menacing spell than before, although I would suggest to add this:

1- Enemies caught within the Eye loss all leadership

2- Friendly units caught within it are fearless

3- Making the radius of the Eye bigger (as much as "Wrath of Caradhras" for example) but the player can't move the Eye

4- Replacing the voice line of the spell

Currently its this: https://youtu.be/y4CVxSGPWyo

I recommend this: https://www.youtube....h?v=G11prumD2pY

If you find it long then just the part "I see you" is enough, I think it sounds more terrifying with the effects and fitting for the final spell.

#71 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:16 PM

I can agree that the Eye shouldn’t be moveable, though that takes away from its uniqueness. Maybe slow down the movement instead.

It’ll definitely be bigger.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#72 Dúnedain76

Dúnedain76

Misty Mountain Hop

• Division Admins
  • 451 posts
  •  Mapper, Artist, Coder
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:The3rdAge Admin

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:48 PM

The sound bite was already something we were going to change, don't worry.

#73 Kaieman

Kaieman
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:00 PM

New unit, easterling swordsmen

#74 Elessar_the_King

Elessar_the_King
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:49 PM

No, Easterlings swordsmen would be redundant compared to the other Mordor's elites units. That role is already taken by Variags of Khand.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

ettenmoors.jpg

#75 Dharkus

Dharkus
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:39 PM

Is possible that the C.E.O. of Mordor invest on 3 horses like the Morgul Vanguard (picture) and give them

to the 3 most important Nazgul? Is not well seen the slaves have better cars than the Bosses....

20180105131055_2.jpg

#76 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:56 AM

About the He is Gathering All Evil to Him power that appears to permanently unlock Easterling Kataphrakts and Easterling Swordsmen at the Easterling Temple... I love the idea, it'll make Mordor gameplay a lot more interesting!

--

But I am just curious, will that power also unlock Easterling War-wagons like in the Lord of the Rings books? If not, that's okay.

--

Anyway, keep up the epic work!

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#77 LeeApolo

LeeApolo
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:30 PM

Why the Run are part of the mordor, and Harad is not. The Run has pikemen, archers, cavalry, you can still add chariots and infantry with sabers. Here is a separate faction.
---
as written above "Anyway, keep up the epic work!"

#78 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:59 PM

Rhûn is not a faction because we had no good, unique ideas for them. We did for Harad.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#79 The_Nazgul

The_Nazgul
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:19 AM

Suggestion

I think it is obvious how good and effective trolls are at the moment and i'm not complaining about their stats or them being OP.

however because of that bonus cost from slaughter houses you can get them for only 400 and Olog-Hai for only 800! they are so cheap and almost impossible to counter.

Considering almost everyone goes for slaughters instead of armories, i suggest you generally increase the cost of trolls!

On the other hand in order to counter a single troll you need to use your elites! a single troll can easily beat a single battalion of an elite unit and a single Olog-Hai can do the same against two of those,l by sustaining their stats but increasing their price you can make a good balance for them.

Mountain Troll - 700 (540 with bonus)
Drummer Troll - 700 (540 with bonus)
Olog-Hai - 1400 (1120 with bonus)

#80 YE4M4N

YE4M4N
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 11:05 PM

Will the Olog-Hai have the options to be upgraded with better weapons? (i.e. a metal mace or hammer).

Edited by YE4M4N, 19 May 2019 - 11:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users