68 replies to this topic

#41 Dharkus

Dharkus
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:26 PM

Hi friends, I have a question,

Gondor, MM, Lorien have Air Force,

any hope Isengard will have some little fighting bats, or mini drakes wings, or at least an electric dron ?

Salute!

#42 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:48 PM

Isengard has Dunlending Longbowmen, which are much better than any pesky fliers. ;)

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#43 Dharkus

Dharkus
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:44 PM

Ok I´ll check this, thanks, Is time of war.

Edited by Dharkus, 12 February 2018 - 08:31 PM.

#44 ConTheJedi

ConTheJedi
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:03 AM

Hey guys!

Re. the idea of Saruman being Isengard's ring hero (I can't remember what forum I read that discussion on so this seems the most logical place to post on...) - is it at all possible to use the decommission / recycle feature of the game?  I.e keep Saruman as a regular hero that can be purchased at any point in the game, but if Isengard has the ring, 'regular' Saruman must return to the fortress and be 'decommissioned' before the ring-hero variant can be purchased.  If the player hasn't purchased 'regular' Saruman yet and they get the ring, then the ring-hero variant is automatically available instead of the regular.

I have no idea if the above is actually possible - my modding knowledge is zero!  But in theory it could be a way of keeping Saruman as a normal Isengard hero and introducing a new variant as ring-hero.  Just a thought!

#45 Thranduil_King

Thranduil_King
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:30 AM

Hello There

For this faction I have something that I almost do not like, about battering rams... are very difficult and delayed to destroy. Even for heroes, 4 or 5 of them can easily destroy a enemy with only a little distraction. Can you make them weaker? Or with less damaging attack?, because how it this possible, that a battering ram can make more damage than a catapult?.

As always just a advice ;)

This mod is great, thanks!

(Sorry for my English)

Edited by Thranduil_King, 11 April 2018 - 04:42 AM.

#46 Kaieman

Kaieman
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:00 PM

For regular Saruman i was thinking to add a white flash/light effect to his staff. Just like in the movie when he attacks the nazgul, i think it is more realistic and fits more for a wizard, instead of a normal knockback.

#47 Thranduil_King

Thranduil_King
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:08 PM

For regular Saruman i was thinking to add a white flash/light effect to his staff. Just like in the movie when he attacks the nazgul, i think it is more realistic and fits more for a wizard, instead of a normal knockback.

Good idea!

#48 The_Nazgul

The_Nazgul
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:47 AM

Hi, I guess you will change few powers for wormtongue and lurtz (mayba not, they are mostly fine the way they are!)
Butt i really recomend to remove wormtongue final power! 
Controlling an enemy hero!? by far, craziest and shittiest power that EA created in these games! xD
So i suggest you completely remove that nonsense that not only is OP but it also has a random chance of being permanent as i experienced!
 (just converted celeborn and galadriel permanently  with him!)

If you want to keep him as a 1000 cost hero, he already has 3 useful abilities so even if you completely remove that OP power and not replacing it by anything, is perfectly fine!

#49 Sharkey

Sharkey
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:42 AM

I quite like that power of Wormtongue's - you after all have to earn that power by leveling him up - but if it's a little too powerful for him, perhaps it could be transferred to Ring-hero Saruman (or regular Saruman)?

If still deemed overpowered it could be adjusted further by making it not applicable to each faction's most powerful hero (Azog, Gandalf, Galadriel etc), as in the books one of the characters (I forget who) speculates that Gandalf, Galadriel and Elrond may be among the few able to resist Saruman's powers of persuasion.

#50 minime637

minime637
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 09:27 AM

Hey can you add Uruk-Hai captain from the Edain Mod use for the Uruk-Hai to level up to level five but be sure to make it right and can add Uruk-Hai long sword man in the ranks he more of killer of light Infantry and Ents weakness Calvary more Specifically Rohan's Calvary than other Calvary example is Gondor Calvary do -35% damage to them for Rohan +200% damage to them

#51 OdoProudfoot

OdoProudfoot
  • Global Moderators
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 05:50 PM

What about shield bearers?
That discussion concerning the RA Gaolers not fitting Dol Guldur, but Isengard, stuck with me

#52 Three Elven Rings

Three Elven Rings
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:45 AM

Hi! :)

I made some new Isengard buildings with 3d model.
A new Uruk hai pit and resource structure.
I have no problems with the old models, but what you did in the next release at Rivendell and Rohan is fantastic and the old models don't reach this level. :)

Attached Files

#53 OdoProudfoot

OdoProudfoot
  • Global Moderators
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:28 PM

Unit suggestion: Uruk Shield Bearers
Can be combined with other Uruk-hai units and battering rams.
Grants the protected battalion increased pierce and trample armor, and causes charging cavalry to slow down.

#54 Morgul Orc

Morgul Orc
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 02:33 PM

I have a an unimportant (in priority) but it would mean the world to me personally.

I know I been bugging a lot with suggestions but this one has always been on my mind!

Here it's, for the devastation power of isengard, add this voice clip

Also there's a stunning amount of isengard voice clips from the previous game bfme1 (mainly the campiagn) that can be added

to Isengard in exchange of having the orc officer talking like mordor.

#55 Three Elven Rings

Three Elven Rings
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 09:34 PM

Warg Patrols

Mixture of Warg Pit and Warg Sentry. The Warg Patrols is a defensive structure and training structure at which Warg Riders are trained.

Rank 1: Recruit Warg Riders - 500

Cavalry unit. May receive Banner Carriers and Forged Blade upgrades.

Rank 1: Howls of Isengard

Warg Riders gain increased +50% damage and increased speed for a short time.

#56 Sharkey

Sharkey
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 09:50 AM

On 'Voice of CurunĂ­r' vs 'The Ruling Ring': When Ring-Hero Saruman is implemented I think it would be more lore-friendly for him to retain the power to convert permanently rather than temporarily even without the Ring.

Perhaps this could be balanced by making 'Voice of Curunir' affect a much smaller radius, only possible to cast very close to Saruman, and have a long recharge time?

(It always bothered me in the original game that you could have a Create-A-Hero who could permanently convert enemy units whereas Saruman, who is meant to be the best at that sort of thing, could only convert temporarily.)

#57 ziyiqingyu

ziyiqingyu
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 01:46 AM

For Dunlending Outriders, I suggest a torch ability:

Require lv 3, cost 200 resource, for 30 s equip torch, deal fire damage, good against building, gain resouce per strike against building.

In the meantime, has a 15% speed and armor reduction, can not activate "wild charge"

Feel it would make it unique, and fit the play style of Isengard on late game looting and harrassment.

Bring back the feeling of Huns rider of AOE 2

#58 Sam_I_Am

Sam_I_Am
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 08:21 AM

Please add some other kind of early game unit for Isengard, whether some kind of orc variant unit or different kind of uruk, they are too easily abusable early on and therefore can never protect their economy and just slowly bleed, the uruk scout is too expensive and is easily swarmed with other factions with much cheaper infantry, and the wild men while they are good building harassers are very lack luster in unit to unit combat and fall too easily to archers, making the 200 cost way too expensive. While moria orc screechers are the premiere swarmer, it takes only 2-3 depending on other circumstances to kill a uruk scout, thats around 130 to 195 cost compared to 400 maybe 350 if you have enough furnaces, and it takes about 1.5 screechers to kill 1 wild men. Also an extra uruk hero would be nice wormtongue is really bad unless leveled and Saruman is really expensive, and sharku is useless without wargs, who are already one of the worst cavalry after the early game.

Edited by Sam_I_Am, 18 July 2020 - 08:25 AM.

#59 Sam_I_Am

Sam_I_Am
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 08:21 AM

Could you make Isengard specific custom hero abilities?

The other races in custom hero are more fleshed out with more ability variety, and even come with stronger base stats and additional bonus stats(total amount of stats) , So Uruk custom hero's are at a disadvantage in every way. 

Edited by Sam_I_Am, 18 July 2020 - 08:37 AM.

#60 hansnery

hansnery
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 06:17 PM

Idea for new hero for Isengard. He would be a scout like Merry, Pippin or Thrain. Give it up for Lotho Sackville-Baggins the Chief Shirriff!

Lotho Sackville-Baggins - 300

Lotho Sackville-Bagins became an accomplice of Saruman during the War of the Ring. Trading Pipe-weed with Saruman for money, he began buying land in the Southfarthing, where Men from Isengard were stationed. With the aid of these Ruffians, Lotho was able to depose and imprison Will Whitfoot, the Shire's lawful mayor, and declared himself Chief Shirriff, calling himself "The Boss".

Rank 1: Great Greed

Steals resources when he attacks a building or boosts Wildmen's pillaging.

Rank 2: Pipe-weed Trader

Summons a Pipe-weed farm for a short time. Generates a large amount of resources.
OR he could give Pipeweed to Sarruman(who supposedly smoke it in secret), a skill similar to Eowyn who can inspire Merry.

Rank 5: Chief Shirriff

Spawns Ruffians and Hobbits for some time.

He wouldn't really need work for a 3d model I guess, maybe just a reskin of the hobbit model and removing the cape of any hobbit hero. He would only new a unit unit for the Ruffians, unless he could spawn Bree spearmen to represent the Ruffians or Wildmen.

Edited by hansnery, 25 July 2020 - 06:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users