•  Worst MO Player

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:10 AM

Only MBT's

#122 Nicholas Chau

Nicholas Chau
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:21 AM

Though i don't think this is necessary, but the catastrophe tank's HP should be given a small raise.

#123 Nablis123

Nablis123
  • Members
  • 92 posts
  • Projects:None

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:28 AM

just a thought I had the other day...

how about allowing plague splatterers shoot bloaticks ? I know it's a bit stupid but scorpion cell has no answer to heroes other than disks, and even then... that's not good enough.

also when campy factions like china, PF and LB choose to camp, there is nothing to siege them with as plague splatterers don't deal damage enough to kill long range base defenses without the base defenses killing them first.

I know it might be broken op, but it's frustrating to have the upper hand sometimes yet feel helpless at the same time

#124 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:11 AM

That would be an overkill for infantry. One bloatic already makes big mess from infantry. Now imagine 12 of those flying towards the enemy.

#125 Nablis123

Nablis123
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:24 AM

then make them shootable like a V3/scud rocket. 

or have the damage of it reduced vs inf but buffed vs buildings, I know it's a catapult on treads that shouldn't be able to compete with high tech stuff, but there is 0 use for them.

why make them vs inf if you have viruses ? why make them vs tanks when you have speeders ? plagues are just a waste of time and resources since they can only do so little in groups of 6 or more

PS : maybe they need to be loaded into the plagues first then launch them

Edited by Nablis123, 25 February 2017 - 11:33 AM.

#126 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:03 PM

If so, then something has to be done with Landlocked then

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#127 Child Hater

Child Hater
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:17 PM

What is the meaning of strength? is it damage or health ?

#128 Destroyencio

Destroyencio

Black Snow

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Projects:Mapper for RA2 mods.

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:46 PM

What is the meaning of strength? is it damage or health ?

Health

#129 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:22 PM

The bloatick catapult could be its own unit, and maybe it could be more anti-structure, because it seems Scorpion Cell lacks that regards to their artillery.

#130 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:35 PM

Tyrants are already insane base killers. I personaly dont think that SC lacks vs structure damage.

#131 Nablis123

Nablis123
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:15 PM

Tyrants are already insane base killers. I personaly dont think that SC lacks vs structure damage.

what they lack is siege, not damage.

and it's not like you can sneak tyrants into a tight campy base that will most likely have dragon flies or godsbanes in them 

#132 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:39 PM

Not everyone can micromanage and control adrenaline like you, Alstar xD (I've seen the video how you played SC)

It works for multiplayer, since most ppl won't build many tight structures in their base and flood their base with idle units and infantries, but in skirmishes against AI it really sucks having melee-range siege unit, with not-so-good armor.

I do agree SC needs a long-range siege unit, not close-range siege unit (unless that said unit has really tough armor to compensate the melee range)

How about affirming the role of Tyrant and Plague Splatter?

Make Tyrant an infantry killer and light-armored tanks harrasser, melee range, medium armor, low damage to structures and heavy-armored tanks.

Make Plague Splatter a structure destroyer (buff its current damage) and infantry killer in-a-pinch (just like any other siege units).

#133 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:54 PM

Well, the reason I suggested the idea as a new unit instead of the Plague Splatter because it obviously got its role, and changing it could potentially screw with the campaign.

#134 Nablis123

Nablis123
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:08 PM

maybe have the plague splaterers as prototype units then :o

#135 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:46 PM

Yes, personally I like SC but I did not find much use for the Plague Splatter. It's range is okay, imho, but it needs an anti-structure buff.

#136 Death_Kitty

Death_Kitty

Balance Crusader.

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  I don't know what balance looks like in this mod; I just know I want it.

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:29 PM

what if not. the change of an arty that does not siege vs a siege with melee range appeals to me. Plague splatters are nice for a few reasons: they are cheap, massable, and make poison clouds. Last one is important. that tight campy base? filled with defensive units? no problem. The gas should kill them eventually, or force them out. If they come out, the can get killed by bikes, while some tyrants hit their base.

#137 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:38 PM

In skirmishes yes you can lure the units out, but only if the barrel actually hits them. They will just pace around from the cloud effect, and will only start attacking when enemy is inside their activation range.

The defense structures are what needs to be shut down, but you can't since in skirmish enemy just endlessly producing things under 5 seconds.

In my experience with other sub/factions, you don't need to go bonkers with numbers of arty units to be able to push thru AI base. Fortunately SC still have the good ol' Basilisk which I end up using instead of PS when I want to destroy structures...

In multiplayer where players usually won't go very tight, Tyrants seem to be working pretty well as anti-structures, as shown by Alstar. PS being weakly armored, quite slow and below average damage on structures are just...urgh.

#138 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:22 AM

IMO, poison are useless vs all tanks and air armies like China and Coronia. The only reason to build PS is playing mirror Epsilon matches and to an extent, against Foehn. And even so, we have Virus who can do better because it doesn't have crap accuracy.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#139 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  Casual mod player and AS tester

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:20 PM

So, the changelog says release date: ??/02/2017. Does this mean we can expect the update in the next two coming days? Or are there first issues to be solved?

#140 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:55 PM

IMO, poison are useless vs all tanks and air armies like China and Coronia. The only reason to build PS is playing mirror Epsilon matches and to an extent, against Foehn. And even so, we have Virus who can do better because it doesn't have crap accuracy.

You underestimate poison. Its annoying to have something that slowly chips health of your units. Maybe its not much of damage but still damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users