• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#121 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

The terminator librarian could be used somehow somewhere by itself or by pieces. I'll think of something. I still need to find some time to dedicate but at least I can keep the track on your progress. I hope to be able to take over once you get fed up.

#122 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:59 PM

Terminator librarian could go in orbital as a t4 hero. With lone wolves they are quite character heavy. Swap out the shoulder to make it a lone wolf model?

Anyway, I'm not sure this mod really needs anything else? Wolf riders aside. Fixing the force commander would be nice I suppose. I'm happy with this and barring feedback would happily upload and handover, or just handover.

It would be worth uploading it with unification and night lords so they at least work together again. I'm going to upload the Praetorians patch as well because no anti air is shit, regardless of ombres plans.

@ Roderick- Genuinely do you still want to retexture the Renegades stuff as if not I'm tempted to fix that audio issue and upload?

Glad you like it caeser. Balance seem acceptable?

#123 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:12 PM

Yes I'm in. Before finishing October I'll be done with the renegades. 

#124 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:14 PM

Cool. Well, unless you have grand ambitions, then wolves may be nearly done, it's already gone via gambit. I'm going to skip the voice shit storm and use regular ones.

Maybe wolves will go up first.

#125 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:24 PM

Remember, there are TONS of AE warnings (of no consequence, but we MUST fix them).

I fixed ALL that I should fix, but left out those that are really silly.

Namely, 1] duplicate armour references, and 2] invalid armour references (those from UA) .

Need "scavenging" AE job...

Anyone coder interested?? :p

-In search of Papasmurf...

#126 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:27 PM

Ha, of no consequence you said 😋

#127 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:37 PM

Yeah, but duplicate references, or those made to inexistent types ... deny us perfection :p

-In search of Papasmurf...

#128 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:50 PM

You care way more than me - An error that is only visible in Dev mode is not an error at all!

#129 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:05 PM

Always fix what you cannot see otherwise you'll make the project cluttered and possibly prevent future fixes to be shrouded by the continued sins of the past. ;)

In essence, keep on-top of those back-end issues so, going forward, it won't be a mess trying to troubleshoot new problems.

Shouldn't take long at all to fix those internal console errors.

Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#130 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:54 PM

I'll do it, but it's pointless. I assume gambit is talking about designmessages.txt, which is hundreds of lines long with vanilla errors and maybe 50 lines of wolves errors.

In fact ALL the errors, barring the lightning claws weapon (deleted) are from them being clones of vanilla weapons. Really is pointless.

Edited by fuggles, 13 October 2017 - 06:58 PM.

#131 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

Hmm.. wasn't aware there were that many... there should be very few unless the project is calling many broken aspects of vanilla.

Note: for vanilla: there was a fix to correct all broken vanilla code so all debug logs + console had 0 errors. Unsure devs are running with that as they should otherwise your instances will be murky.

#132 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:12 PM

It's all duplicate armour values in weapons, which exists in vanilla and the wolves clone weapons - I'll fix them because it's you guys.

Also these:

Loading error in event_manager_ext.  Unknown modifier type(ability_laud_hailers_foeaura_event)., data:attrib\ebps\races\space_wolves\troops\wolves_servitor.rgd

Where again, the event is a clone of the code used in vanilla marines - no idea how to fix that. Marker errors is another one I can't fix.

In short, I'll minimise.

#133 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:17 PM

Indeed.. Markers you cannot fix nor required. Its the other missing or invalid stuff like events, fx, art, and sound we can.

#134 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:46 PM

If you can tell me how to fix the event error as above, then that will pretty much do it. All vanilla units have this issue too. I think I've fixed all legitimate wolves errors otherwise.

#135 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:46 PM

All vanilla units have that issued fixed 6+ years ago.. when I run vanilla SS I get no errors at all.. anywhere EXCEPT for ones I cannot fix so when I test against all DoW1 mods I can quickly see what needs to be fixed knowing I am not also fighting background noise also.

My concern is STEAM taints the holy crap outta SS vanilla so my attrib is based off SS 1.20 CD/DVD so if you want that let me know to test. I know what to look for and how to fix it except, as mentioned, marker or general OE issues that only a modeler can do.

Where is this SW Mod project and all its updates so I have the latest? I can assist.

Fixing event errors requires you first open the .events file in something like Notepad and noting the path to all assets inside that is missing in the project.

#136 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:58 AM

Could be, I'm using steam. 7.1 is the latest which is one page back. All it misses are the fixes I did yesterday.

My concern here is that the file should go in bugfix rather than space wolves.

#137 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:59 PM

Bugfixes would be good but does all projects require BugFixes? If not, what happens when SW Mod or any independent faction mod runs on its own? Having the same missing events, for example, in the project itself won't hamper any other mingling with other projects as such assets are essentially engaged/utilized when required for that project. If its vanilla issues that we fixed that is different: just need the single standard and we go with that so you do not ever have any background noise that would bias the back-end with false positives.

#138 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:39 PM

Unification is now merged with bugfix, that would be a more appropriate place.

#139 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:43 PM

Agreed! There should be one common area as I've been using [where SS is installed]\DXP2\Data so there I have a custom \attrib and \scenarios folder that has all the vanilla fixes which remove the background noise.

#140 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:56 PM

Poke gambit and he'll unify it I'm sure - by all means upload it and I'll check the wolves for errors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users