• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#81 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:46 PM

yeah, I was rereading and I meant "to replace (not "reposition", excuse me) the defeated squad" but you got what I mean...  the issue for me is the slow building time.

You can look at the table and notice that some squads have a double building time per member than other marines. Whether it is to compensate the fact that the reinforcement also takes time or not, I think the squads need to be build quicker (the cost is proportional to them so that there is a necessary waiting time already until get them).

#82 d.patch

d.patch
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:16 PM

(the cost is proportional to them so that there is a necessary waiting time already until get them)

Totally agreed with that and I even didn't thought about it, but yes, in most games i've been harrased without little defence waiting to blood claws get built or waiting the resources for grey hunters. Seing your table it comes to sight that with a squad of blood claws, other SM or even Chaos will have maybe two squads in most of the occasions. Also, in several games Blood Claws managed to defeat one squad and even two at the same time with help of scouts, but I haven't managed to send grey hunters to reinforce before the Blood Claws are dead, and the fenrisian wolves help a lot but it's not enough. But yes, the issue is the time and maybe a little increase in the melee dmg of Sky Claws as you remarked in the table.

Edited by d.patch, 23 September 2017 - 06:16 PM.

#83 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:50 PM

Current wolf harass followed by blood claws, lord and then start scout capping works well.

Maybe a big nerf so each blood claws only adds 25hp or so.

#84 Kekoulis

Kekoulis

Apothecary Novice

• Members
  • 2,151 posts
  • Projects:Emperor's Children
  •  Slaanesh's Glory

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:53 PM

Having finally fixed the Wolves as instructed. In summary,aside from some UCS inconsistencies(which I am sure they will be fixed in the upcoming versions) the general idea and direction of the mod is solid. However,like how it has been stated before,I believe that the training time of the tier 1 units should be slightly decreased(especially to the Blood Claws  if possible-along with adding the big nerf of course!). This is for us to be able to defend against early rushes (have you seen what the Sisters can do to you?).

Also the first time I played,it surprised me that the scouts were moved to Chapel-Barracks while the Blood Claws were moved to the stronghold.Not a problem at all,but is there any fluff related explanation why is this like that?

Ah,yes,I freaking love the fenrisian wolves! Wish the marines could pet them(or at least the Wolf Lord). :D

ec-sig-early2.gif

Mankind has seen the light,the light of Slaanesh.

#85 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:17 AM

For the wolves, the scouts are the veterans. Plus mixes it up...

Now, who loves the wolf guard terminators?

#86 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:59 PM

Working away. Do you think there should be a cumulative hero cap? We have a lot of heroes.

I've again asked for help with the librarian without animations, but not hopeful.

Edited by fuggles, 25 September 2017 - 06:15 PM.

#87 Kekoulis

Kekoulis

Apothecary Novice

• Members
  • 2,151 posts
  • Projects:Emperor's Children
  •  Slaanesh's Glory

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:03 PM

Working away. Do you think there should be a cumulative hero cap? We have a lot of heroes.

I've again asked for help with the librarian without animations, but not hopeful.

I do not think so. Remember that the Space Wolves are based upon Vikings and subsequent Nordic tribes. Nordic civilization is known for  its many mythic (and not) heroes.Something that is true for the Wolves. Thus I believe it is not necessary to add smth like that-it takes some fun out of the gameplay. Also,creating a specific UI count for heroes sounds troublesome.(Unless you simply add a restriction on how many heroes you can field).

However,if it is proved to be game breaking,I guess we do not have any other choice.

ec-sig-early2.gif

Mankind has seen the light,the light of Slaanesh.

#88 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:52 PM

Well the SW are a bit different, so that they can have more heroes than usual. Anyway the space marines have:

Brother captain

Chaplain

Librarian

Apothecaries (minor, attachable)

While the space wolves have:

Wolf lord

Wolf priest - a chaplain+apothecary

Rune priest - librarian like

Iron priest (what does this guy currently?)

Just one more around. Unless you consider the lone wolves as minor heroes. Why can't they appear before the terminators? I don't think they are desirable when you get the latest squads in the late game but solitary terminators can be fun in the middle game as side kickers with the other heroes.

What I can see it's a little cluttering in the potential options for wolves, both in squads and vehicles

Bloodclaws, skyclaws, scouts, grey hunters, long fangs, wolf guard, terminator (wolf guard), terminator void claws, lone wolves. Hum. And the Fenrisian wolves. If you ever get a thunderwolf cavalry or a wulfen squad you have up to 12 squads. 

This is why I suggested an optional evolution/replacement of the starting bloodclaws to the skyclaws. Then they don't overlap, as one type can replace the other one: they are the same guys with the same role but the second ones have a jetpack. You can save one slot for the future.

Another option is to ditch the wolfguard sternguard-like. You have two squads of wolf guard with the termies. And a third one would be the wolf riders.

Even another option is to merge the squads of terminators to have a mix of melee and ranged, probably a larger squad, and keep the non terminator wolfguard. In this case I would give them better upgrades. They currently are versatile but they are relying on the same vanilla pack of upgrades that either are provided by the grey hunters or the long fangs. The most advanced model of Sternguard have more types of weapons to pick from.

We don't have a fancy dreadnought yet. I have seen a venerable dn which hasn't been much used that could fit really good. It has a nice pose almost feral and it has parchments that could be easily textured into wolf pelts. Do you remember this model?

Other models could be used in lieu of the current ones. I have yet to work on something to use for the bloodclaws but for the skyclaws I'd suggest to have a model of assault marine which has the same pose as the codex raptors, you know, with the knees bent waiting to jump. I'd say I have seen it somewhere. Not super necessary but everything is about little details.

#89 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:56 AM

I have a plan.

Please be aware that beyond my poor librarian I am unaware of any other models and cannot simply make a blood claw into a skyclaw. I would need the whole model reworking in 3d Max and oe to allow for backpacks to appear. I will assume thunderwolves and wulfen are unlikely to appear.

#90 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:34 AM

One option of this bloodclaw to skyclaw is simply replace the slot in the menu after the research. That way all the new squads will have jetpacks but the ones still present on the field will not get the upgrade.

It is not always necessary to get upgraded models on the fly.

#91 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:46 PM

An interesting idea. Theoretically possible with scar.

#92 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:10 PM

SCaR can do it of course (easily), but why SCaR?

Requirements carefully set, can make one squad disappear after a specific research, and an other one appear at it's place.

... Unless my assumption on what you are trying to achieve is wrong.

-In search of Papasmurf...

#93 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 07:05 PM

I'm thinking that I have seen a research must not be completed tag somewhere?

#94 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 07:24 PM

Yeap! The required_research requirement has it, and by using it, you can achieve any combination.

It is very easy, but a bit tricky. I can help!

#95 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:55 AM

I'm not completely decided on the idea either way yet. I'm pruning the roster down already, there may even be too few without skyclaw packs!

#96 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:54 AM

I knew it was possible. It was just a suggestion among a few and more oriented to a future build in case the set of potential squads increases. 

Edited by Roderick, 27 September 2017 - 10:56 AM.

#97 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

COMPLETELY Off-Topic

In Alien Hunters, I have a SCaR rule that randomy swaps variations of the same squad, at the same UI place. This way you never know which one you get :twisted: . The squads are of similar composition of course!

#98 caesar10044

caesar10044
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:45 AM

How is going the work on this mod? 

New stuff are amazing

I'm looking forward to play this with unification  :thumbsuphappy:

#99 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:09 AM

I really need someone who can use oe I fix the wolf lord. Ideally a modeller to fix the librarian.

All being well a new version up this weekend with ai.

#100 caesar10044

caesar10044
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:59 PM

I really need someone who can use oe I fix the wolf lord. Ideally a modeller to fix the librarian.

All being well a new version up this weekend with ai.

good news! :thumbsupcool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users